Release Updates and Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Went by Wal Mart awhile ago and the guy in their electronic department looked and said it was on hold due to "a functionality issue" and not to sell until further notice. I would agree that the release has something or everything to do with the LTE issue and NOT an issue with the phone itself.

Bryan

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
In light of all this info, bottom line is just another week down the drain.
How many more weeks of this agony do we put up with?

@#$%!@#%^

ffac789

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
As much as it sucks and I'm anticipating picking up this phone, the delay is also helping my impatience, as I would like to see information on the redesigned Bionic, and if I'd rather wait for that phone instead. We shall see. I know the Best Buy I work at has them as well, but they're all in boxes. I didn't ask if they could sell them at the time though, since I just shot over there real quick to ask and had to go help a customer before I could finish my short Q&A.

kevinmizzou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been following this fairly closely. But I don't know how I feel about the argument that it's network-related. If it is, why do they continue to sell the Thunderbolt? If I was Samsung, I would be pretty ticked that if a customer walks into VZW right now their only 4G option is the Thunderbolt.

What bothers me the most is that NO ONE is being given a direct answer. I think it's pretty disrespectful to your customers to just sit on your hands and not, at the least, just send out a press release about the delay.

I myself picked up a Thunderbolt and have had some issues with it, mainly around the radio. After all I've done, I still only get 1x data when 3G is easily available (e.g., on my friend's Droid Incredible). My 14-day return window is almost up so I may have to return it and just sit on my hands until the Charge is actually released to weigh my options.

brianct1972

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been following this fairly closely. But I don't know how I feel about the argument that it's network-related. If it is, why do they continue to sell the Thunderbolt? If I was Samsung, I would be pretty ticked that if a customer walks into VZW right now their only 4G option is the Thunderbolt.

What bothers me the most is that NO ONE is being given a direct answer. I think it's pretty disrespectful to your customers to just sit on your hands and not, at the least, just send out a press release about the delay.

I myself picked up a Thunderbolt and have had some issues with it, mainly around the radio. After all I've done, I still only get 1x data when 3G is easily available (e.g., on my friend's Droid Incredible). My 14-day return window is almost up so I may have to return it and just sit on my hands until the Charge is actually released to weigh my options.

I am in the exact same boat as you, my 14 day return window expires tomorrow. I don't have another phone to fall back on and save my upgrade, so I am out of luck at this point and stuck with the TB.

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
If the delay is due to a network issue it must be a very minor one. I have had no problems here so far. I think its just another delay similar to the Thunderbolt.

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I am in the exact same boat as you, my 14 day return window expires tomorrow. I don't have another phone to fall back on and save my upgrade, so I am out of luck at this point and stuck with the TB.

You can always return it and rebuy one at best buy. They have a 30 day return policy for devices but only 14 days to cancel the contract. I don't think it will go another month without releasing but you never know with verizon.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Went by BB mobile at mall in Greensboro, NC. They have but would not sell on or off contract. Radio Shack at the mall does not carry VZW phones at all. Went by Wal Mart, and they didn't say whether or not they had them, but the guy was up on his stuff and said even if they did have it, they couldn't sell them yet.

Bryan

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
The thing for me is I've always bought phones well after the release date.
Just walk in the store, plop down the cash, bam get ur phone.
This is a new experience waiting on an unreleased device, and with these delays, this is a new type of anxiety for me.
Yea the no official statements really gets to me. Pisses me off. Just say something and I be fine.
When you want something bad and can't have it is almost painful.

ntrimm

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If anyone wants one of these phones and are in the Kansas City market, call the Authorized Retailer store located at 75th & metcalf. I played with one of their in stock units today and it was available for sale. John is who I talked to.

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
The thing for me is I've always bought phones well after the release date.
Just walk in the store, plop down the cash, bam get ur phone.
This is a new experience waiting on an unreleased device, and with these delays, this is a new type of anxiety for me.
Yea the no official statements really gets to me. Pisses me off. Just say something and I be fine.
When you want something bad and can't have it is almost painful.
I feel the same way. I preordered the Thunderbolt the day they started expecting it to come out within 2 weeks. Do not get your hopes up on this and do not trust any dates you do not hear announced directly from Verizon. They have no idea whats going on and will come up with a whole bunch of dates they can't meet.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I used to chuckle at all the peeps whining and moaning about the TB release fiasco.
"Oh look at those whiney kids, crying for a stupid phone HAHA"
Shoot, I think about it now and whoa I am one of them whiners lol

kevinmizzou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I know and to rub salt in the wounds Samsung is being so nonchalant about the issue.

THIS.

That makes me worry it's something with the phone or its firmware. But many who got it early are saying the phone is just fine. I just don't understand how a company could be okay with their product just sitting around while another similar product (i.e., 4G phone) can fly out the doors at-will.

Then again, I don't know what Samsung could do about it. They could publicly call-out Verizon, but I'm not sure that would be a very good business decision. Samsung might just be forced to sit around with their thumb up their butts like the rest of us.

crspy

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It's probably due to the 4g network. It probably can't handle the initial onslaught of Droid Charges on the network combined with the existing thunderbolt users.

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
This is why Verizon does not get the killer phones other carriers get. The Bionic its not nearly as interesting as the Atrix or Evo 3d.

Status
Not open for further replies.