Coming from Droid, Market not pushing apps

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

My brother just got a Charge. Beautiful device, but he signed in to his Google account and only his paid apps are downloading onto the phone from the Android Market. What about his free apps that were on his original Droid? Why aren't the populating on his phone?

Thanks!

whitenessj

May 15, 2011
Visit site
let me make sure i get this correct..
the web market will push a app to the device but only 1 at a time??
free apps from the market still don't download at all?

let me know nd i can find a solution hopefully

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
let me make sure i get this correct..
the web market will push a app to the device but only 1 at a time??
free apps from the market still don't download at all?

let me know nd i can find a solution hopefully

Yeah, they only push to his device if we click "install", on the Web Market. They show up in his "Market Account Apps" page in the Web Market but are not auto-installing, it's all manual. On the device Market only his paid apps are showing up in the "My Apps" section. I have alwaysss been told that ALL of your apps populate and download when you activate your Gmail account on the handset. The only device I have had this work on is my XOOM. The second I put in my Gmail account, my apps started to download.

whitenessj

May 15, 2011
Visit site
check to make sure the account is synced correctly> connect the phone to a comp via USB and install drivers> Launch debugging mode> unhook from computer.. I read about this a while back on the HTC Wildfire..

also make sure it is a GMAIL account not @googlemail (old idea but check it)

try those first and let me know the results :)

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I know for sure it's a Gmail account. As for plugging it in, we did that already and transfered files, etc to the SD card. The drivers have got to be installed already.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...the 3G thing is interesting. It looks like he already loaded his apps manually using a BackUp Program, but I'll look into that!