Fixed my Battery drain issue!

jcdrepair

Mar 16, 2011
www.jcdrepair.com
@Grenex. Thanks a ton for that post. I just got my first Android phone (MyTouch 4G) and I love the phone but have had some serious battery issues. I just disabled ATK on my phone and hopefully that will prove the step I need to get this thing lasting all day.

Thanks again!

Grenex

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
From somenone that is watching the battery life threads very closely, and a potentioal Charge buyer, I want to thank you, Grenex, for the time you are taking to investigate this and, more importantly, reporting back to us all.

My pleasure! By nature I am a technology geek and a troubleshooter. I have always adopted very strict troubleshooting methodology to rule out each issue one step at a time and find the root cause. I am just hoping that this has helped others! :)

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Since running 3g for today, my battery is currently at 77% with 5hrs 15mins of use. I'm getting about double the use as compared to my 4g test yesterday. I have everything (wifi, Bluetooth, GPS,etc) toggled off and my screen is at dim with 30second display settings.

mrblahblah

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I get around 15-18 hours of use on my phone. I never have gps, bluetooth, or any other apps running. I also go to task manager and turn everything off after I'm done surfing the internet.

Just wondering what is ATK app?

thanks.

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I get around 15-18 hours of use on my phone. I never have gps, bluetooth, or any other apps running. I also go to task manager and turn everything off after I'm done surfing the internet.

Just wondering what is ATK app?

thanks.

Advanced Task Killer

Completely unnecessary, especially since the Charge has a built in Task Manager. To access, simply long press the Home button, select Task Manager.

borumha

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Upon reviewing this post and one under the Motorola Photon forums i just cleaned out a lot of my home screen widgets and froze ATK waiting to see what i get for results.

fortesquieu

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how people can have better battery life with ATK closing those necessary apps on Android, then Android would reopen those apps, resulting in a cycle.

I've read about auto task killers are bad for Android because of the stated above.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc