Droid Charge vs. Thunderbolt

rami98

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. So i had a dx, got a thunderbolt and returned it for the charge. I am enjoying the charge more than the tb for a few reasons. Even though the tbolt has more community right now, the charge has an unlocked bl from the start so it seems that once a lot of people get this, there will be more roms and kernels. Also its much lighter than the tb and the plastic back doesnt feel bad at all because they have a matte pattern on it. Its much thinner also. Touchwiz is pretty good. I love the inertial scrolling and the buolt in task manager and the clock widget looks pretty nice. Another thing is that you can run this completely stock and get good battery life unlikebthe tbolt. I also think both front and back cameras are better. Not that the tbolt isnt good, it had some things better than the charge but i think that the charge is just overall better. Anyone think like me or disagree?

dslayton

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I also have had both the thunderbolt and now the Charge. I love the screen on the Charge, and the Touch Wiz interface isn't all that bad, but what bothers me about the phone is the sluggishness of the stock browser. It almost makes it impossible to fully experience the 4g speed on this phone. Add to that the lack of any video chat programs that work with the Charge, and I am really close to returning this phone. I have another week bbefore for my return period is up, so we'll see.

mboverst

May 15, 2011
plus.google.com
I also have had both the thunderbolt and now the Charge. I love the screen on the Charge, and the Touch Wiz interface isn't all that bad, but what bothers me about the phone is the sluggishness of the stock browser. It almost makes it impossible to fully experience the 4g speed on this phone. Add to that the lack of any video chat programs that work with the Charge, and I am really close to returning this phone. I have another week bbefore for my return period is up, so we'll see.

I've been using Dolphin HD since day one and it's been extremely smooth. Also, we have confirmation from major video chat prog devs that they are working on Charge support right now. It'll be up sooner than later.

dslayton

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I am using Xscope 6.43 right now and things have been buttery smooth in the web browsing department. The beta version of Dolphin sort of bogged down for me.

rami98

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site

Try using the dolphin hd 5 beta and get qik for samsung devices from the market. But i still love this phone and i have an anti glare screen protector. Love this and camera is amazing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay