Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default What color theme would you like to see on the Charge

So as you all know i am working on a Rom for our phones , i would like to know what color scheme you would like rather than the Brown and Orange that the phone comes with . ill see if i can find a trend and then we will put it to a vote.

Thanks everyone for contributing.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Having a lot of black would help save a little battery power. The AOSP Gingerbread colors are nice

I agree with Rag...........

ROM
    Altered Beast 4

Red and Black to go along with the Droid Theme
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by squid267 View Post
    Red and Black to go along with the Droid Theme
    You dont think Red and black has been done to death?

maybe black and the light blue, the same color as the battery, or maybe a neon green?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

what if we stick with black and orange,,,i think the **** brown was the eye sore

Yea. They definitely picked a poor brown to use. Then coupling that with the orange just seemed a little too much like Halloween cheesiness. To be perfectly honest I feel like with it being a droid branded device something with a majority black and a bright popping color would be the best way to go. Neon pink, that could be new and exciting, yes?

Red and Black or Orange and Black if you can't stomach another Red theme

Agreed with using black to conserve battery lfie!

I stuck some colors together. I think a dark grey instead of black might be novel with an orange.

Sorry if my attempt brings nothing to this discussion, it just sorta helped me visualize things.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What color theme would you like to see on the Charge-colors.jpg  

ROM
    stock

Cobalt blue and black always go well together.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    You dont think Red and black has been done to death?
    What has been done to death is blue.

The reason its been done to death is ppl like blue.

I vote for a blue theme like crysis or pryde like we have on the fascinate.

You may say oh he doesn't even have a charge...but I will on Wednesday

Anything with black is nice..

ROM
    JellyBeans

Dose it have to be a single color, or can you throw in a carbon fiber look to it?

I know i am being picky, know nothing about developing......but a black and Carbon fiber theme would be slick.
    Sent Via..Raven from Kings Landing
    BB Storm 1 > Samsung Droid Charge > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy Note II & LG G Pad 8.3
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by bakerbert View Post
    Dose it have to be a single color, or can you throw in a carbon fiber look to it?

I know i am being picky, know nothing about developing......but a black and Carbon fiber theme would be slick.
    i could but i may need someone that is really good with photoshop.

ROM
    JellyBeans

I am decent at Photo Shop, my buddy is phenomenal at it (he dose logo, signs and custom pictures).

if you want me to take a crack at it, I will be happy to, if i cant make it look right i am sure he can.
    Sent Via..Raven from Kings Landing
    BB Storm 1 > Samsung Droid Charge > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy Note II & LG G Pad 8.3

ROM
    Stocked out! Whoo!!!

I'm leaning towards neon green and hot pink.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What color theme would you like to see on the Charge-untitled.png  

Another vote for black and some light and easily-visible shade of blue...

the carbon look is easily done in Photoshop (I do photography for a pro sports team) and the grey highlights in the texture will actually show up quite well....

I would like a burnt orange and black theme which you don't have shown above. You have it on gray but I think it needs to be on black overlay. Second choice would be the bright green and black. Just don't think an all black droid phone with that awsome screen should have gray scale on it at all. Screen like that just needs eye popping colors and I just think grey scale will wash out the contrasting.

Maybe you can find some symbolism in the choice by checking out a site like this, just a thought:
    Symbolism: Colors

I wonder if the original colors they chose for the charge were picked due to their power consumption properties? Even though we may not prefer them visually, maybe they are best for the phone? You know, kind of like why they use Black on the Amoled screen instead of white on LCD's. Any thoughts or research on that? The Tbolt has white all over it and it's battery sucks.

I also would like a burnt orange and black theme.

Quote Originally Posted by rbess1965 View Post
    I would like a burnt orange and black theme which you don't have shown above. You have it on gray but I think it needs to be on black overlay. Second choice would be the bright green and black. Just don't think an all black droid phone with that awsome screen should have gray scale on it at all. Screen like that just needs eye popping colors and I just think grey scale will wash out the contrasting.
    Awww, were you talking about my MSpaint color swatches?! Haha. I like the burnt orange and black, I just feel like that's really Halloween-y. I really don't know anything about colors and ROMs and all kinds of fancy type stuff.

I think it all depends on what kind of a feeling you want to get from it. Because red and cyan look really nice together when done correctly, and black looks great with all colors. It just depends on what kind of a message you want to put out there.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast