Charge vs. Bionic & When/will Gingerbread Be on Charge?

sv_one

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Just saw this post: As Droid Bionic Release Date Nears, Droid Charge Owners Feel Left Out in the Cold

I'm not the type to think I should have waited, so that's not my question. But I am wondering -- given VZ's announcements of Gingerbread for older Droid phones, won't the Charge be getting a gingerbread update soon? Have they made any announcements regarding this?

Any thoughts regarding when Gingerbread will come out for the Charge?

(Otherwise, I would actually prefer the bionic....I don't care much about the dual core processor but not having gingerbread by the fall will be...less than ideal.)

dabomb420

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
First off i don't know any information about getting a gingerbread rom or OTA for the droid charge anytime soon. Second i don't see any real SOURCE from the link you posted but please don't take that article seriously i Mean I'm not sure who wrote that but for one the charge debuted on may 14th not april 28 even though it should of so i already think that article even though recently posted is just copy paste garbage, here's my new favorite quote from the Third paragraph

"After all, the Droid Bionic is superior to the Charge in several ways. For instance, the Bionic comes with a dual-core processor, compared to a single-core for the Charge. This fact alone is a good enough reason to switch. Also, the Bionic comes with a 4.3-inch screen, which has a crisper, less blurrier screen than the 4.3-inch Super AMOLED display that the Charge has."

REALLY ? so Super Amoled Plus is not sharp and is blurry ? and IMHO the hummingbird CPU is no slouch either. OK now i really feel like that source is garbage.

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Also, we have no reliable information that the Bionic launch is in any way imminent, and a few things to indicate that it may not be out for several more months. I really wish it was about to launch, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I could not agree more, that this article is a cut and paste job.
I have seen the QHD screen on the droid x2 and the charge's super amoled + screen blows it out of the water. IMO

I have been waiting for the Bionic since i first read about it.
Then; it is delayed, then canceled, then a new form factor, new and improved technology's to improve user experience and now it is total and complete silence.

I decided to jump all over the charge, for the reason of;
if you are always waiting for a better device, then you will always be waiting.

As far as gingerbread for this phone is concerned, all i can find is; "it just around the corner" or "will be released by the end of the year."
I am sure that there will be a leaked version on this phone soon enough.

P.S.
I love this phone, it is everything i need in a phone and more. I am very happy that i decided to give it a try.

sv_one

May 17, 2011
Visit site
As far as gingerbread for this phone is concerned, all i can find is; "it just around the corner" or "will be released by the end of the year."
I am sure that there will be a leaked version on this phone soon enough.

P.S.
I love this phone, it is everything i need in a phone and more. I am very happy that i decided to give it a try.
Thanks. I like the phone and am glad I have it. Hope to see Gingerbread soon.