Wow just realized this isnt using gorilla glass

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
the corning gorilla glass site, doesnt have it listed as such. Really dunno why they wouldnt use GG. When almost all the other new Samsung phones uses it

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I remember reading about another phone (thunderbolt?) that was not listed but did in fact have it, I dont remember why but it might have had to do with corning owning the name or something. That might not be the case here but I just wanted to point that out

Cady

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Charge Has Gorilla Glass

As posted on Phandroid by moshock of his convo with a Samsung agent:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcus: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
Sam: Does the Samsung Droid Charge have Gorilla Glass?
Marcus: I understand that you want to know if Droid Charge has Gorilla Glass. Am I correct?
Sam: Yes sir.
Marcus: Thank you for confirming.
Marcus: Yes, it has Super AMOLED plus display and Gorilla glass touch screen.
Sam: How come I can't find the "gorilla glass" information on a single website?!
Marcus: Let me check for that information.
Sam: Thanks. I just can't seem to find it in writing anywhere.
Marcus: You are welcome.
Sam: Any luck finding it?
Marcus: I am sorry, not yet. I am checking the information on Samsung website.
Marcus: Thank you for holding.
Sam: I just downloaded the Verizon Droid Charge manual (pdf version) and did a search for "gorilla glass" and it yielded 0 results. =\
Marcus: Unfortunately, there is no written information on the Gorilla glass on Droid charge, but there is some information on web pages. But we do not have access to provide you non-samsung links.
Sam: So do you know 100% for sure it has Gorilla Glass??
Marcus: Yes, I am sure of it. Please let me check once again regarding the written information.
Marcus: I am sorry, there is no written information on this. But I am sure, that this phone has Gorilla Glass. You can search for the information on the web as well.

Does the Samsung Droid Charge have Gorilla Glass? - Android Forums

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I played with a charge today. The texture, give and feel of the screen was identical to my og droid. It HAS to be gg. I REALLY do not want to put a screen protector on my charge (which is coming Thursday)

redskinsnut

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I played with a charge today. The texture, give and feel of the screen was identical to my og droid. It HAS to be gg. I REALLY do not want to put a screen protector on my charge (which is coming Thursday)

Totally agree. I had the D1 too and bought the Charge on Friday. It seems to be the same glass. I despise screen protectors. The thing is even if you get a few scratches you only notice them with the screen off.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
i had my droid for a 1.5yr never a scratch or anything. Absolutely awesome. And i loved my droid since I could drop it and do whatever to it and it was just a complete beast.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I tested the screen at a local VZW store yesterday, I didn't have my keys at the time but my gf gave me one of her earrings and I used the straight somewhat-sharp clasp thing (looks like a pin) on the screen, pressing hard all over. Wiped the phone off and didn't really see any markings at all. That would be the extent of harshness that I would put the phone through, I keep all of my phones in a case mounted in a holster, face in.

I hope someone from Samsung or Gorilla Glass will officially say that the DC has their product on the phone, I'm considering buying one.

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I finally broke down and got one for $149 today, couldn't be happier! But yeah, it definitely feels like Gorilla Glass. I'm not gonna go and try to scratch it to see, but it feels and sounds just like Gorilla Glass on other phones, which feels different from anything else. Besides, its a Galaxy S phone, why would it not?

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I tested the screen at a local VZW store yesterday, I didn't have my keys at the time but my gf gave me one of her earrings and I used the straight somewhat-sharp clasp thing (looks like a pin) on the screen, pressing hard all over. Wiped the phone off and didn't really see any markings at all. That would be the extent of harshness that I would put the phone through, I keep all of my phones in a case mounted in a holster, face in.

I hope someone from Samsung or Gorilla Glass will officially say that the DC has their product on the phone, I'm considering buying one.

I hope you're not serious.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
You purposely tried to damage the phone, just to prove what kind of glass it had?

In a way, yes. And in a way, no. The sales rep was confident that it had Gorilla Glass on it, so he actually let me try. Wasn't my idea, but he let me try it out, especially after reading beforehand on various forums about the phone having a regular non scratch resistant screen.

So did I purposely try, again... yes and no, but it was under the supervision of a Verizon sales rep, not by myself.

geochemical

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Normal glass has a hardness of 6-7 on Mohs scale, whereas steel (an Fe-containing alloy) in jewelry typically has a hardness of 4-8 depending on the composition (low for C-steel, high for W-steel). Brass keys (copper and zinc) have a hardness of 2-3.

So, your "girlfriend experience" may not be that diagnostic. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae