1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default This Month's Data Usage

I was curious to see what everyone's data usage was this month. I am close to 15 gigs of data with my Charge with one day remaining.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

Still have 21 days left kinda sad at my damage so far. Lol

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

im over 20gbs!

ROM
    None

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Its good to know that it's not just me. I really don't understand how I am using this much data. I don't tether or anything.

Global Posts
    867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

What widget are you using for data usage?

Quote Originally Posted by BazzBro View Post
    Still have 21 days left kinda sad at my damage so far. Lol

17.559MB bet I win the award for lowest amount.

ROM
    EE4/Gummy 1.8.1/PBJT

Haha I used almost 3gbs of data the first 5 days I had this phone. Use WiFi whenever I can. Also make sure to turn off mobile data when I have wifi.
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

wow, thats a lot of data, WTF are they thinking of capping or tiering the data so low at 2 gb..on my BB Storm 1, as painfully as it is I have used over 250 mbs, I could only imagine if I had a decent web browsing phone...
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

They know exactly what they are doing with a tiered pricing scheme. Verizon stands to make a boat load of money. Scary thing is that I honestly don't feel like I have been using that much data.

Global Posts
    725 Global Posts

Im at 2gb 11 days into my cycle. A large portion of that is from streaming game 5 of the nba western conference finals through the watchESPN app

ROM
    EE4/Gummy 1.8.1/PBJT

Quote Originally Posted by dslauton View Post
    They know exactly what they are doing with a tiered pricing scheme. Verizon stands to make a boat load of money. Scary thing is that I honestly don't feel like I have been using that much data.

Yeah I didn't either. Have to call #data quite a bit to stay on top of things.

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lornaevo View Post
    What widget are you using for data usage?
    The my Verizon Widget

Verizon is going to ‘clean our clock’ ( and pocketbooks) at some point when tiered data goes into effect! So much for using the phone like it was meant to be used…

Again, I see no way that they could reasonably force us to change to tiered data, considering we've already signed on for unlimited. People on ATT with old iPhones still have the unlimited data package, as long as they haven't re-signed. If VZW starts treating their customers WORSE than ATT, they're gonna lose a TON of subscribers. They know this, I don't really see it happening. They've said before that they were worried about the iPhone5 hogging all the data, so expect it and all phones after it to have tiered data, but I see no reason to worry about them trying to change anything on us.

I sure hope they don't try to force tiered data down our throat. I just hope the dollar signs do not cloud their 'customer comes first' attitude, if they ever had one...

It'll be a bummer when it comes. But verizon is so consumed with making money that they almost don't really care about their customers. Or so it seems.
    Drroooiiiiddddd

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 3.5

As much as I would want to badmouth Verizon with the policies they've enforced or will soon enforce, they've been good to me for over 7 years. I've only had one major issue with them and it was a glitch in their system that didn't automatically withdraw funds for my monthly bill, that they didn't bother telling me until a month later after it was due. Part my fault because I should have checked, but they should have alerted me as well.

It is a shame that they're following suit behind AT&T's game, but things have changed ever since smartphones became popular. I'm willing to bet that when, not if, Verizon goes to a tiered program, they'll be a little more reasonable than AT&T with their prices. Pretty soon, you'll see T-Mobile and Sprint going down the same road. But that's why I am going ahead and buying a new DC tomorrow to lock in my unlimited data for the next two years. Even if they don't change to tiers until the end of the year, it's better safe than sorry.

Anyway, back on topic. Does anyone know why the DC is using so much data if no one tethers?

You really don't need to worry because you will be grandfathered in, as long as you are a verizon customer, and don't change your phone plan.

Wow... you guys are crazy!

I've used 1.1Gig in the two weeks I've owned the phone. I don't stream video, and have only streamed music for ~6hrs total so far.

Global Posts
    4,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Wireless Carriers = Greedy Monsters. They don't care about customers, churn, only profits. So if we leave we pay $350 a phone and go where, AT&T, ok that's not any better. T-Mobile too small and AT&T is getting them, its a farce that the gov't is hold hearings when they are going to rubber stamp this anyways. AT&T has the most spectrum of all wireless carriers and they use it in such a poor manner they cannot actually get their network to operate properly. Oh and Sprint, sure, ok problem is they suck for a lot of people in many markets.

I want to see the forced roaming agreements the FCC was talking about get done, signed and this will allow Sprint to actually fill in their gaps, still we are down to a crappy 3 horse race and its getting uglier.

Hey, at least we are not in Canada with 3 Year contracts or FULL RETAIL

Hey all, first post here.

Here are my two cents on this:

1.) Verizon did offer a limited time tiered data plan after AT&T did theirs. This was offered in November and December of 2010, but you could keep it once you were on it. $15 for 150MB data/month. Obviously wouldn't be enough for most people on here, but good for people who have old phones and use very little data. But, indicates that Verizon charges more for data, and Ivan Seidenberg (VZ CEO) said after AT&T announced their tiered pricing that Verizon doesn't value data the same way that AT&T does.

2.) I wanted to confirm that I would be able to keep the unlimited data on 4G once tiered pricing took effect. I wrote in to customer service via email, and they called me and wrote back via email and confirmed that I could keep the unlimited data for at least the duration of my 24 month contract and likely keep it as long as I didn't re-sign with them, which may or may not require me switching to a tiered data plan (they didn't say). But, I wanted to have it in writing from them because sometimes their phone reps say all sorts of things that aren't actually true.

I just got my charge yesterday and have already used 3.5 Gb data on 4G! I did download about 35 songs and watched some videos online but now I'm grateful ill be grandfathed into unlimited.

Sent from my Droid Charge