Question about typing unwanted words.

tkm20

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Where do you go to change the default words while typing? For instance, I type "I'm" a lot, and everytime I spell "Im (space)"...it spells "important". Any help with this would be great. Thanks!

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I had to install another keyboard. The stock one was messing with my typing to much. It also screwed up when I used phone my pc and typed on that. I got the free gingerbread keyboard in the market. I also like the way you save words better

fasdf

Banned
May 10, 2011
Visit site
Settings, Language and Keyboard, Samsung Keypad: uncheck XT9 (predictive text). Thats how I disabled the annoying feature.

If you still want prediction/spell check, but just not auto-complete, go into XT9 advanced settings and either remove word completion or change the completion point to a higher number (only goes up to 5). I think by default the completion point is set to 2, so it starts to complete your words after the second letter is entered.

Reactions: expidia

tkm20

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the Gingerbread keyboard, I like it, but the only thing I wish would work is the "Vibrate on keypress". In the settings, the option is checked, but doesn't work. Does this setting work for anyone or does this app need to be updated to work with the Charge?

tkm20

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Found the fix. Go into Advance Settings in the Gingerbread keyboard settings and change the "Vibration intensity" to "Normal".

WARNING: May vibrate out of your hand.

Last edited: