Trouble with Windows USB to Mass Storage

ShrFlyz57

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I've looked through the forum and I cannot see where any others have run into the issue I am having getting my Desktop to connect to the SD Card (Mass Storage) on my new Charge. When I plug in the USB cable (supplied with the phone), and then select 'Mass Storage' and then tell the phone to connect, I get an error on the PC saying it couldn't connect. Digging into the Device Manager I see an 'Unknown Device' in the USB controllers. Looking at the properties it seems it cannot find any drivers. I have down loaded the "Samsung Mobile USB Drivers.exe' from this forum and installed them, rebooted, yet still cannot connect. I am on Windows XP Pro SP3.

I am certain this is a PC issue and not the phone. Does anyone have any advice on what to try next before I go calling Verizon's (non-help) Help Desk?

K
:'(

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've looked through the forum and I cannot see where any others have run into the issue I am having getting my Desktop to connect to the SD Card (Mass Storage) on my new Charge. When I plug in the USB cable (supplied with the phone), and then select 'Mass Storage' and then tell the phone to connect, I get an error on the PC saying it couldn't connect. Digging into the Device Manager I see an 'Unknown Device' in the USB controllers. Looking at the properties it seems it cannot find any drivers. I have down loaded the "Samsung Mobile USB Drivers.exe' from this forum and installed them, rebooted, yet still cannot connect. I am on Windows XP Pro SP3.

I am certain this is a PC issue and not the phone. Does anyone have any advice on what to try next before I go calling Verizon's (non-help) Help Desk?

K
:'(

try reinstalling the drivers, put the phone in debugging mode and connect let the drivers configure
also turn the phone off , Hold down the volume down button and while holding plug the phone in this will put the phone in download mode and configure Samsung composite drivers

Fungii

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Install Windows Media Player 11 or Run Time 11. Vista/7 have this built in (media transfer protocol), then try.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

rorkin

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the drivers install but when it wants to go into mass storage mode I get a core dump..
Win XP..
I don't know what sequence I used to prevent the dump but I think if I plug in the phone and then boot the computer I can get past it.. Have not tried enough.. Kind of a pain if I just want to charge..
Suggestions anyone ??

Slick650

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
try reinstalling the drivers, put the phone in debugging mode and connect let the drivers configure
also turn the phone off , Hold down the volume down button and while holding plug the phone in this will put the phone in download mode and configure Samsung composite drivers

I'm having the same problem and I have not been successful at doing the above suggestions. What am I doing wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel