Current nationwide outage on 4G Mobile Hotspot

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Nerdydesi:

Thanks for the report. Too bad VZ does not have a status page for its customers to check for problems. I worked for a company where my role was internet service to the whole company. It was part of the procedures to put an announcement on the internal home page for outages. It made a significant difference. Users could check the status and do other tasks until the service was back up. The help desk also liked it since the number of calls from irate users dropped significantly.

Just sayin:D

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely agree. I've already had a couple of calls on this issue. VZW keeps wanting to empower their customers with self-serve options to do things such as check their bill online, change their plan, change their VM password, etc. All this is done to prevent increasing call volume into our centers. So your suggestion would help even further.

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
That's a bummer, but haven't you wondered why they are ending the unlimited Mobile Hot Spot on the 15th of June. Is it just because it's gone on too long or do you think the Bionic might come out.

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
That's a bummer, but haven't you wondered why they are ending the unlimited Mobile Hot Spot on the 15th of June. Is it just because it's gone on too long or do you think the Bionic might come out.

Well, the free unlimited hotspot promo was to end originally on May 15th. It was extended due to the Droid Charge's launch being delayed about two weeks. Unfortunately, there's still no pricing and data cap information available once this free promo is gone. :(

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, the free unlimited hotspot promo was to end originally on May 15th. It was extended due to the Droid Charge's launch being delayed about two weeks. Unfortunately, there's still no pricing and data cap information available once this free promo is gone. :(
Thanks, because I saw that they extended it pretty long and was just thinking that it might mean a significate event.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has a lot of balls to tell its user base they are going to tiered data when they can't even get their network running properly all the time. They don't credit your for lost data, and when it goes tiered they better get the checkbook out because lost usage is NOT acceptable without credits on account.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Just to let you guys know, if you don't already. I work at VZW Tech Support and we currently have a nationwide outage on the 4G Mobile Hotspot app on the Samsung Charge. I noticed the issue yesterday on my Charge, where I will tap on the application and it will force-close immediately back to my home screen. The issue has been escalated and being looked into it, but unfortunately, no ETA at this time.

We have been told not to make any tickets for this issue to our NRB (network repair bureau which handles network outages) nor ITSC (handles outages such as our website) since they are already aware of it. So unfortunately if you do call in, there is very little we can do here. Its just a wait and see right now.

Yea and im kind of thinking now that they might have shut it off on purpose maybe people were using to much bandwidth. Lets face it it just doesn't go from working to off without them knowing whats wrong. If they don't know what is causing it not to work Verizon is pretty dam STUPID. I think they turned it off and are using the excuse that something is wrong in there system. They know whats going on.

hoppermi

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey OP, how about getting us the full odin image for the charge? It would help out w/ recovering ppl's charge who have bricks from trying to restore via cwm.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress