Quick Brightness adj. For my fellow android noobs (updated)

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
A couple of things I accidently came across that might help you out

1st thing which i will use allot

If you touch the notification bar and hold it you can adjust the screen brightness. Left corner is 0 and right corner is 100% and 1-99 in between
So those who keep your screen dim inside but cant see crap outside theres a quick 1 second fix

2. If you hold the home key down it pulls up the task manager and the last few apps you had used.

3. In contacts if you swipe left on a contact it will take you straight to text, and to the right a phone call.

Like I said this is my first Android device and I have been trying to learn as much as I can and had not come across those 2 before.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

dslayton

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't consider myself to be a noob, but I didn't know that. Awesome tip about the brightness. Tried it on my wife's Thunderbolt and it didn't work.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

NHLou

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

is if you touch the notification bar and swipe towards the right it will bring the screen brightness up and if you go left you can dim. So those who keep your screen dim inside but cant see crap outside theres a quick 1 second fix

Thanks! I have had the brightness adjust on my Charge a couple of times and I have been trying to figure out how that happened. Now I know!

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Awesome tip on the brightness... that solves one question a lot of us have had!

I have seen some strange numbers appear in my Widgetsoid switcher, which shows my current brightness percentage. It toggles from 10% to 30% to Auto to 100%... and I couldn't figure out how in the world it got to 92% one day!

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

1st thing which i will use allot

is if you touch the notification bar and swipe towards the right it will bring the screen brightness up and if you go left you can dim. So those who keep your screen dim inside but cant see crap outside theres a quick 1 second fix

2. If you hold the home key down it pulls up the task manager and the last few apps you had used.

Like I said this is my first Android device and I have been trying to learn as much as I can and had not come across those 2 before.

Hope this helps.

THX,

I just found out about the home key but did not know about the brightness option. May this should go in a sticky. I do not know how this is done. Maybe only a moderator can do it?:confused:

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Finally glad to give something back. :p. I guess if you come across any other good tricks post them here.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
tap like your trying to pull down the notification bar then swype to the right. You may have to tap once twice. I have 3 charges sitting here and all 3 do it.

RS

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I give up. Not working for me. Maybe someone can do a video of it and post it. I'm doing it EXACTLY how you've described it and it does nothing.

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow thanks, the brightness trick is awesome!! I knew about the task manager, as most phones can be set up that way, but the quick brightness is awesome for those of us wanting to max out our battery with as little inconvenience as possible!

cltatenza

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
To get the brightness to change I think you have to have auto brightness turned off, worked for me at least.

Sent from Droid Charge using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463