Charge owners I have a question about the screen.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I am currently a Thunderbolt owner and my single biggest complaint is that when I am outside and it is sunny out I cannot see my scren at all. Even with brightness turned up all the way.

This is a pain when taking a pic as you really have no clue what you are taking a pic of.

My Droid X was great outdoors.

How is the Charge screen outside in sun??

Last edited:

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I am currently a Thunderbolt owner and my single biggest complaint is that when I am outside and it is sunny out I cannot see my scren at all. Even with brightness turned up all the way.

This is a pain when taking a pic as you really have no clue what you are taking a pic of.

My Droid X was great outdoors.

How is the Charge screen outside in sun??

Probably better than any phone currently out. Super amoled/amoled stands pretty strong in direct sun.
In the real world we do use our phones outside:D

Reactions: 0pusX

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
No issues when you turn the brightness up.

I compared them side by side in the wild.

The Thunderbolt at 100% is like the charge at 30%. Indoors I keep the screen setting all the way down to about 10% I'll try to snap you a picture later

RS

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Well I think I know what I need to do then. I guess I will give this Tbolt to the wife and sell off her Incredible to recoup the cost of the Charge.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
That was one of the many reasons I sold my ThunderBolt. I couldn't see the screen outdoors, BT wouldn't pair with my 2010 Subaru, reboots, power battery life.

So far the Charge is good to use outdoors, BT pairs with no issues, no reboots or lags and the battery life is great.

Halcyon

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Viewing the screen outside is great. I like taking pics outside and this was one of the big plus' for me in getting the Charge.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The best thing to do is go to a Verizon Corp. store and take one outside on a sunny day just to make sure it suits your needs.

mboverst

May 15, 2011
plus.google.com
I was in the Cayman's recently and used the phone outside in direct sunlight 99% of the time, it blows the competition away. This has always been a pet peeve of mine when it comes to phones, now it's a non-issue.

NHLou

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If I'm outside in the sun, I can turn the brightness up all the way and view the screen with no problem. However, I turn the brightness down ASAP as it will be a huge battery drain to leave the screen at full brightness all the time. A topic yesterday discussed a shortcut to turn the screen brightness down bypassing having to go into the settings. Very handy in this situation!

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I love the brightness trick! Keep auto brightness off and swipe to turn up the brightness and you can see it great outside. But turn it down right away to max out the battery, as the minimum setting honestly works great in most indoor settings.

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a friend that hs this phone. Yesterday we where outside in direct sunlight, and we could both view it easily, and the brightness wasn't even all the way turned up.

Crunch140

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I just use the Power Control Widget that comes with the phone. At home/indoors, I turn the Brightness all the way down with one click. For outdoors, I just click the auto-brightness back on (sun with a little "A" in the center".

The screen is plenty bright enough outside to see well, love it!

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Charge screen is much better than my thunderbolt was outside. Nearly as good as my iphone 4 was.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

etruscan

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Charge screen is much better than my thunderbolt was outside. Nearly as good as my iphone 4 was.

This. But, the Charge is closer to the iPhone 4 than it is to the thunderbolt. iPhone screen is still dramatically better outdoors though.

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I just use the Power Control Widget that comes with the phone. At home/indoors, I turn the Brightness all the way down with one click. For outdoors, I just click the auto-brightness back on (sun with a little "A" in the center".

The screen is plenty bright enough outside to see well, love it!

Crunch take a at my post. About android noob it talks about the quick brightness adjust no need to change settings etc. Auto brightness uses the sensors which need battery to operate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair