Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any success with pairing to car bluetooth?

Apparently the Charge has difficulty playing nice with automobile Bluetooth sets. My car is a Kia Sorento 2011 with navigation; my old Fascinate paired flawlessly (though not all contacts transferred successfully - averaged maybe 70% of the listings).

xda-developers.com forum has a thread (Bluetooth problem with your car? Please read - Page 2 - xda-developers) wherein it's documented that turning off the "BluetoothPbapService" can help, though the phonebook still doesn't transfer on many vehicles. Anyone been successful in getting their Charge to pair up?

Myself and others have had no problems pairing with our car.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...bluetooth.html

no problem pairing with toyota camry 2011...even plays nice with radio app so i can listen to streams in 4g.

Quote Originally Posted by chiplatham View Post
    no problem pairing with toyota camry 2011...even plays nice with radio app so i can listen to streams in 4g.
    Am having problem pairing with 2007 Lexus ES350. Hope Samsung fixes this!!

No problem pairing with my wife's 2011 Kia Soul, although I do find it annoying that I have to go into the bluetooth settings and manually reconnect every time I get back in the car. Maybe try that? When I first paired the phone to the car I still had to do a long press on the connection and select 'connect'. Could be the same problem for you?
    Droid Charge- imnuts's CWM/voodoo lagfix, PBJ Time kernel= super fast and sexy
    Samsung Fascinate- Rooted...

Quote Originally Posted by roppb View Post
    No problem pairing with my wife's 2011 Kia Soul, although I do find it annoying that I have to go into the bluetooth settings and manually reconnect every time I get back in the car. Maybe try that? When I first paired the phone to the car I still had to do a long press on the connection and select 'connect'. Could be the same problem for you?
    Mine paired with a 2010 MB C300 without a hitch. If I leave Bluetooth on on the device it pairs every time I start the car. If it's off when I enter the car and I turn it on after I am driving it pairs within about 20 seconds automatically.

Good luck with yours,

Joe

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Bld 33

No problem with 2011 Buick Regal.