EE4 update and incompatability issues with apps on the Market

whitepearl86

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Rag! I was going to post a reply to the rude poster, but decided after reading your post to be the better person and let your response penetrate instead.

I have to say that people like that really add a negative flare to the board and truly discourages genuine exchange of information. In the end, isn't that what all of us is for anyway?

It's not about being negative. It just gets tiring of repeating the same thing, esp when the topic has been covered a few times now and there is a fix. If you use search and cant find the answer then post away.

But thats my personal opinion anyway..sorry if i offended you.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I just checked for the heck of it but HBOGO does not come up for me either but have it installed prior to the update. Opened the app and it still works.

Maybe a list needs to be made of incompatible apps that everyone has come across?

angieutc

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I just checked for the heck of it but HBOGO does not come up for me either but have it installed prior to the update. Opened the app and it still works.

Maybe a list needs to be made of incompatible apps that everyone has come across?

Great Idea! Here's mine

TMZ
HBO to Go
MLB on Bat

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Are these paid apps, if not can someone upload them i would like to side load them....sorry if this has been asked already in this thread, im at work trying to sneak on the forums lolO:)

EGBill

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
If you use the web version of Market https://market.android.com, you will see all the apps you downloaded to your phone. When you click on say "HBO Go" it now shows the samsung SCH-I510 as incompatible. But yet I installed it prior to the EE4 updated from the market... :confused:

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
is rooting not an option for you?

if you flash a custom kernel it will give you root and then you can easily run the market fix apk

Color me 'chicken' on this whole rooting thing. But beyond that, Verizon needs to fix this so that everyone has access to it.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I don't think we're using the right terms here, but I could be wrong. I don't think these apps are 'incompatible', but rather it seems that access to them in the Marketplace is incompatible. For people that have these apps and have EE4, those same apps still work.

So we just can't access them from the Marketplace.

dyslexicbunny

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
But you need to have HBO to get any use out of it....

Yea... I'm being petty. It better be a free app considering you're shelling out $16/month to enjoy it.

chadness

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't think we're using the right terms here, but I could be wrong. I don't think these apps are 'incompatible', but rather it seems that access to them in the Marketplace is incompatible. For people that have these apps and have EE4, those same apps still work.

So we just can't access them from the Marketplace.

You are correct. Samsung/Verizon needs to fix that portion of it, or the app developers need to adjust the compatibility check of their apps.

junksecret

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I can't download anything

I have a rooted Verizon Charge with EE4 installed. I was having the same market problem, no HBO to Go, etc., and applied this suggested fix. I can now see all the apps but when I click on one to download it says "your item will be downloaded", I see the download animated notification begin then it disappears and I don't have the app. repeated attempts to d/l an app give the same result over and over.

Any advice for a nooooooooob?

Thanks,

Joe

there is a fix for that

http://jrummy16.com/jrummy/testing/fix.apk

download that straight from your phone, run the apk, reboot

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a rooted Verizon Charge with EE4 installed. I was having the same market problem, no HBO to Go, etc., and applied this suggested fix. I can now see all the apps but when I click on one to download it says "your item will be downloaded", I see the download animated notification begin then it disappears and I don't have the app. repeated attempts to d/l an app give the same result over and over.

Thanks,

Joe

I tried this apk.market fix program it wont work if your not rooted I ended up removing it.

whitepearl86

May 14, 2011
Visit site

Thanks,

Joe

try a battery pull

Reactions: junksecret

junksecret

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but no change....

Thanks for the tip but no change. Another behavior that seems different is aside from it only downloading for about 1-2 seconds, it gives this message on most attempts when I go to "downloads", see it listed and try and install:

This application has access to the following:

STORAGE
Modify or delete SD card contents

NETWORK COMMUNICATION
Full Internet Access

PHONE CALLS
Read Phone State

SYSTEM TOOLS
Prevent Phone From Sleeping

When I say ok that screen disappears it then shows a status bar and says "starting download", that shows for about 1 second and then I am right back to my list of "downloads". BTW, in the "download" lists, the applications I have tried to download & install since the "fix" say "free" rather than all the others which say "installed".

Thanks again in advance for any advice,

Joe

mattreed78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Howdy all,

There is a major problem with the update. A lot of apps that could have been downloaded and shown in the App market before are now deemed imcompatible. Trust me, do a example

TMZ
HBO TO GO
MLB ON BAT

Doesn't download. I am very very angry right now. I've tried clearing caches, force stops, battery pulls, factory resets...nothing.

Any insight? ** No I am not rooted and don't plan on it :)
I had my HBO to go backup it installed that way..Works no problem

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781