1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default where is the real skype

Hi guys, how come there isn't two way video chat skype available for the charge...I found the skype app that does IM and wifi but I can find one that does two-way video chat. The iphone has this App..and it allows you to skype from your phone to PC users too, which is nice for people that already have skype accounts on their computers..Any ideas?

To the best of my knowledge there were two Skype apps, "Skype" and "Skype mobile". The latter seems to be missing, and the only difference was that one made calls over Verizon's network instead of allowing calls over wifi. AFAIK, neither of them did video calls and we're still waiting on Skype to do something about it.

I've found that Yahoo Messenger does video calls, but I haven't figured out how to get it to use the front facing camera - it only uses the back atm.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryMasters View Post
    I've found that Yahoo Messenger does video calls, but I haven't figured out how to get it to use the front facing camera - it only uses the back atm.
    I've had the same problem with the Qik app too. What gives?

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The two that work best right now are Tango and Fring. However, Tango requires a wired headset at the moment.

I heard that ooVoo works too, but I don't have an account to test it.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Tango also has a better resolution imo.