Does your Charge run very hot when searching for service?

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Well this is probably coupled with the 'no connectivity' issue to some degree, but when my phone is searching for service, the phone gets very hot. I've noticed this before when during periods of signal searching it seems like the pocket I'm carrying the phone in is getting very hot. I never really made the association until today when I was holding the phone and saw it had no connectivity when I pulled it from my warm pocket and the phone continued to heat up as I held it and it searched for data. It began to cool as it eventually got the data back. I also think the battery life drops precipitously during these periods.

Has anyone else noticed this?

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Well this is probably coupled with the 'no connectivity' issue to some degree, but when my phone is searching for service, the phone gets very hot. I've noticed this before when during periods of signal searching it seems like the pocket I'm carrying the phone in is getting very hot. I never really made the association until today when I was holding the phone and saw it had no connectivity when I pulled it from my warm pocket and the phone continued to heat up as I held it and it searched for data. It began to cool as it eventually got the data back. I also think the battery life drops precipitously during these periods.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Same thing here, if I turn off mobile data the phone stays cool. Also every evening for some reason the data connection goes wacky and the phone heats up with mobile data on. When the phone heats up it really chews up the battery.:(

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Same thing here, if I turn off mobile data the phone stays cool. Also every evening for some reason the data connection goes wacky and the phone heats up with mobile data on. When the phone heats up it really chews up the battery.:(

There is an obvious correlation between the phone heating up and the battery taking a dive. The battery losing power rapidly is an obvious byproduct of the over-heating.

That would probably be Verizon's answer to this, 'turn your mobile data off'. Forget about the fact that you need mobile data or you wouldn't have bought this phone.

Reactions: cruzer_lite

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
or vz could make their network reliable in problem areas...what a novel idea

Yeah, what a crazy thought! You know the irony of this is that I came over from AT&T and rarely had any data problems...of course I did have dropped call issues. So now I have many data problems but don't have dropped calls. Unreal.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, what a crazy thought! You know the irony of this is that I came over from AT&T and rarely had any data problems...of course I did have dropped call issues. So now I have many data problems but don't have dropped calls. Unreal.

Hey, maybe VZ and AT&T should merge. There would be two possible outcomes.
- good data and voice quality
or
- bad data and voice quality

or
build a phone that uses AT&T's data network and VZ's voice network. It could be called the AT&T-VZ Hybrid phone.:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2