Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Glass or puzzle unlock

Which do you prefer?
    Why?

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock w/ Root

Puzzle. Not sure why, just don't care for the Glass.

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse v1.2/imnuts PBJ

Puzzle, for some reason I have a tough time gettin the glass lock to slide off the screen all the way when i use it and have to swipe multiple times
    Droid Charge
    Eclipse v1.2/ imnuts PBJ OTB Edn
    If you like what I say, hit the Thanks button!

ROM
    Altered Beast V4

puzzle, Just did not care for the glass, Not sure how it works with a missed text or something either.

Same as everyone else so far, puzzle over glass.

Can you switch it on your Charge so that you can use glass? Because I want to try that out.
    Banned

Puzzle
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Go to settings and display settings. Unlock screen.
    With the help glass setting there isn't anything for missed call or text like the puzzle. But I like to answer screen more for incoming calls.

Puzzle because I like the message pieces.

Password - so that if my phone is lost or stolen no one has easy access to it.

Quote Originally Posted by geochemical View Post
    Password - so that if my phone is lost or stolen no one has easy access to it.
    Same here.

Puzzle- I like that there are different puzzle pieces for missed calls, texts, etc... on that note, does anyone know if there is a way to get emails as a puzzle piece?
    Droid Charge- imnuts's CWM/voodoo lagfix, PBJ Time kernel= super fast and sexy
    Samsung Fascinate- Rooted...
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by roppb View Post
    Puzzle- I like that there are different puzzle pieces for missed calls, texts, etc... on that note, does anyone know if there is a way to get emails as a puzzle piece?
    Not that I am aware of

My corporate policies that are pushed down from the email provider force a password, puzzle is not available. Not rooted and don't think I can disable them? (I'm CIO, but we are on a hosted shared Exchange platform from the provider so they won't change policies just for my company.)

Quote Originally Posted by atlantar6 View Post
    My corporate policies that are pushed down from the email provider force a password, puzzle is not available. Not rooted and don't think I can disable them? (I'm CIO, but we are on a hosted shared Exchange platform from the provider so they won't change policies just for my company.)
    You'd have to be rooted, then you can replace your email.apk with one that won't check the policy. The problem with this is you have to disable email's admin access, which disables it's ability to wipe your phone via Activesync if lost or stolen. As a workaround, though, you can load a third party app to enable that.