Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any way to get rid of preinstalled apps on unrooted phone?

So this is probably a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway (hasn't hurt me before) --

Is there any way to remove preinstalled "crap" apps from my Droid Charge without "rooting" the phone? I'm new to this stuff and don't have the technical background for rooting the phone PLUS my phone comes from my employer, which means that if I screw it up, I'm in trouble with the IT department.

So does that leave any way to remove these stupid preinstalled apps from the phone (or at least get rid of the little icons for them in the "Applications" drawer)? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffE View Post
    So this is probably a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway (hasn't hurt me before) --

Is there any way to remove preinstalled "crap" apps from my Droid Charge without "rooting" the phone? I'm new to this stuff and don't have the technical background for rooting the phone PLUS my phone comes from my employer, which means that if I screw it up, I'm in trouble with the IT department.

So does that leave any way to remove these stupid preinstalled apps from the phone (or at least get rid of the little icons for them in the "Applications" drawer)? Thanks.
    If you just want to get rid of the icons, load a different launcher, like Launcher Pro or ADW. Lots of them allow you to hide applications you don't want to see.
    Thanked by:
    JeffE