FM Radio app?

jason821

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Is there an FM radio app for the Charge? I know of TuneIn Radio and a few others but I'm looking for an app that compares to the one on the Thunderbolt,

stranula

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I guess there isn't an app....
If I'm not mistaken, the thunderbolt actually has an FM Tuner built in, unlike the Droid Charge. So for the DC you need to use data in order to stream the station over the internet whereas the thunderbolt just uses the FM broadcast. So no, there is not an app like that of the thunderbolt that will work on the DC

jason821

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The reason I'm looking for one is, there is a live broadcast I like to listen too. Although you can stream the station the broadcast is blacked out.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I know there's lots of other options but each requires a connection to mobile data and consumes a lot more battery. I used FM radio frequently on my DroidX as there are many morning shows to listen to on my train ride in to work. I didn't consider that when I moved to the Charge and as minor as it is, it's something that is frustrating that Samsung didn't include what's been stock on my Droid phones. I can get most of my morning shows on TuneIn Radio but it sucks a lot more juice from my battery and connection to mobile data is not always reliable. Bummed.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci