1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default FM Radio app?

Is there an FM radio app for the Charge? I know of TuneIn Radio and a few others but I'm looking for an app that compares to the one on the Thunderbolt,
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

I guess there isn't an app....

ROM
    Gummy Charged FE 1.9.1

Quote Originally Posted by jason821 View Post
    I guess there isn't an app....
    If I'm not mistaken, the thunderbolt actually has an FM Tuner built in, unlike the Droid Charge. So for the DC you need to use data in order to stream the station over the internet whereas the thunderbolt just uses the FM broadcast. So no, there is not an app like that of the thunderbolt that will work on the DC

Who needs fm radio when there is pandora and tunein?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The reason I'm looking for one is, there is a live broadcast I like to listen too. Although you can stream the station the broadcast is blacked out.
    What does that do?

ROM
    Stock ICS

Iheart radio....try that...if its a clear channel channel..

Quote Originally Posted by z71kris View Post
    Iheart radio....try that...if its a clear channel channel..
    tunein is blacked out? that is the best fm radio app on the market

ROM
    EE4/Gummy 1.8.1/PBJT

Quote Originally Posted by chiplatham View Post
    tunein is blacked out? that is the best fm radio app on the market
    No. based on what these posters are saying, certain Clear Channel stations are not on TuneIn Radio.

Global Posts
    1,915 Global Posts

Default Re: FM Radio app?

I know there's lots of other options but each requires a connection to mobile data and consumes a lot more battery. I used FM radio frequently on my DroidX as there are many morning shows to listen to on my train ride in to work. I didn't consider that when I moved to the Charge and as minor as it is, it's something that is frustrating that Samsung didn't include what's been stock on my Droid phones. I can get most of my morning shows on TuneIn Radio but it sucks a lot more juice from my battery and connection to mobile data is not always reliable. Bummed.....