Just Discovered Something Really Cool In Contacts

graybeardnc

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
You've probably seen this already, but on the right side of the screen (when viewing the Contacts list) is a vertical A-Z scroll/touch tool. You can touch the "M" and go to the first contact in the "M" group without scrolling one page at a time. You can also slide up and down this A-Z, and move thru the list jumping a letter group at a time.

It's kind of hard to describe.

hooskins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
You've probably seen this already, but on the right side of the screen (when viewing the Contacts list) is a vertical A-Z scroll/touch tool. You can touch the "M" and go to the first contact in the "M" group without scrolling one page at a time. You can also slide up and down this A-Z, and move thru the list jumping a letter group at a time.

It's kind of hard to describe.

You can also subscroll. Ex. touch "m", keep your finger on the screen and slide to the left. Now you can scroll within the "m" contacts from "ma" to "mz ".

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
While u are in contacts if you touch a contacts name lightly and skide to the right it will dial the contact, if u slide to the left it will bring up the option to text. :D

This is a cool feature. And I did not know about this tip either. Too bad it does not allow for the choosing of other numbers when someone has several numbers in your contact list.
i usually send text messages and callers to a contacts call phone. when I swipe on the contacts name it seems to pull up their office phone.

Maybe there is some way to prioritize which number it pulls up when you swipe their name.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey glad I was ble to share something useful u are welcome. One thing I did find about this feature though it doesnt seem to work woth the contact in your favorites... bummer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa