Home Screen in Landscape Mode

W_A_Watson_II

Jun 21, 2011
wawii.com
OK, I know and hate the fact that the Home and Apps screen don't rotate, but while driving home yesterday I plugged my phone in to the car charger, and later noticed the screen was still on and in "desk cradle" mode. When I hit the exit button spot it was in Landscape mode!

It would not rotate but the Home and Applications screens were in landscape. Even the phone dialer was in Landscape.

Now when I unplugged the charger cord it went back to normal, and hasn't done it again. Did I do something different this time, did I hit some off combinations of buttons? If I'd known then how to capture the screen I would have, but didn't know the trick, sorry.

Anyone else seen this?

Phone is un-rooted and running Samsung Home Launcher

hooskins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Default functionality for android. You need to download another launcher, like launcher pro, which has the option to allow the home screen to auto rotate.

W_A_Watson_II

Jun 21, 2011
wawii.com
Well, it did it again. I connected the car charging cable, and the next thing I know it's displaying the car dock screen, so I exit, and look how the Home Screen appeared:

SC20110718-152444.png

After un-pluging the charger, it switched back to the normal view and stayed that way, even when re-plugging in the charger.

SC20110718-153313.png

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
OK, I know and hate the fact that the Home and Apps screen don't rotate, but while driving home yesterday I plugged my phone in to the car charger, and later noticed the screen was still on and in "desk cradle" mode. When I hit the exit button spot it was in Landscape mode!

It would not rotate but the Home and Applications screens were in landscape. Even the phone dialer was in Landscape.

Now when I unplugged the charger cord it went back to normal, and hasn't done it again. Did I do something different this time, did I hit some off combinations of buttons? If I'd known then how to capture the screen I would have, but didn't know the trick, sorry.

Anyone else seen this?

Phone is un-rooted and running Samsung Home Launcher

go to settings>Display>check to be sure "Auto-rotate box has been ticked"