1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Default Different notification sound for emails and texts?

Is there a way to have two distinct notification sounds on the Droid Charge for emails and texts? To do so do I require an App or do I have to root my phone and run a custom ROM to do this?

Thanks very much!
    Thanked by:
    mmwm 

Quote Originally Posted by Skullbussa View Post
    Is there a way to have two distinct notification sounds on the Droid Charge for emails and texts? To do so do I require an App or do I have to root my phone and run a custom ROM to do this?

Thanks very much!
    You should be able to do that in the settings > notifications of your email app and your texting app. Just choose different sounds...

Quote Originally Posted by Anderain View Post
    You should be able to do that in the settings > notifications of your email app and your texting app. Just choose different sounds...
    I am using GO SMS Pro (free from Android market) for my text messaging. Besides letting me have a default notification sound different than any other process, it also lets me pick a notification sound for individuals. So I can have a ringtone/email notification for my brother set up in his contact information and a different notification for him when I get a text.

Is there any way yo get said notification sound to play through the headphones? It drives me nuts when my alert plays from the speaker while I'm in a quiet work environment listening to my headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by imapepper2 View Post
    I am using GO SMS Pro (free from Android market) for my text messaging. Besides letting me have a default notification sound different than any other process, it also lets me pick a notification sound for individuals. So I can have a ringtone/email notification for my brother set up in his contact information and a different notification for him when I get a text.
    Yep, I use Handcent and it has the same features. Just unsure if the stock messaging app allows this...

Quote Originally Posted by ellje View Post
    Is there any way yo get said notification sound to play through the headphones? It drives me nuts when my alert plays from the speaker while I'm in a quiet work environment listening to my headphones.
    Why not put it on silent and use NoLED? Or vibrate...

Quote Originally Posted by Anderain View Post
    Why not put it on silent and use NoLED? Or vibrate...
    I go vibrate and NoLED... seems to be the best option.

That said, two issues:
    1. The vibrate on this phone is TERRIBLE with a case on. I frequently miss calls in my pocket or even on my desk next to me with vibrate on. I'm on full intensity.
    2. If I forget to turn the volume down, I always have my headphones in the phone at work. It'd be nice if that sound played through my headphones when I forget it... rather than out loud to everyone around me.

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Skullbussa View Post

Thanks very much!
    You can, You do the general one in the regular settings menu. The email alert must be done through each individual email account through the email settings menu.
    Thanked by:

I was used to the iPhone sms tone. I did a Google search and found the mp3. Created a "notifications" folder in the audio folder of my phone and dropped it in. Then when into text sounds and viola it was available for selection!

Default Re: Different notification sound for emails and texts?

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidXTC View Post
    You can, You do the general one in the regular settings menu. The email alert must be done through each individual email account through the email settings menu.
    Thanks for that mate, I never thought to look if the email had its own settings!