Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wheres the gingerbread love for the charge?

So when will we see the "official" ota gingerbread? For the charge?....new phone and it doesnt have the latest os....fail!

I want to wait to root this until it comes out. I dont want to have to flash back to factory to update if i flash or rom

Sent from my awesome Droid Charge

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Between what Sammy responded on twitter and what P3Droid has said, they both said soon. We heard soon before Sammy last year for SGS but I am guessing next month.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

summer 2012 Sammy is slow to upgrade a year behind what every one already has.

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    When did the official OTA for the DroidX come out? When did the official OTA for the Bolt come out? A year is a bit of a stretch.

ROM
    None

Samsung is notorious for being slow to update anything. Then when they do its usually all screwed up and then you wish they didn't. Don't hold your breath.

ROM
    AOKP ICS build 38

Every manufacturer's updates are full of bugs. You should check out the droid x forums when they first got froyo, and gingerbread. Same as the EVO 4G.

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Google state at Google I/O, it and its partners (which is Sammy & VZW are) will provide better/faster support/updates for 18 months as long as the hardware supports the updates.

I also have the DC and already received 2 updates and possible GB next month. I can see getting ICS early next year.

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Wheres the gingerbread love for the charge?

Quote Originally Posted by s14tat View Post
    Every manufacturer's updates are full of bugs. You should check out the droid x forums when they first got froyo, and gingerbread. Same as the EVO 4G.
    I totally agree, and even the Nexus series phones have bugs in them.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I hope we dont get it anytime soon then i need to redo altered beast yet again

an sammy has been much better with updates lately so i dont see it being very far off
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

I dig my Charge; and I knew the update history withSamsung, yeah go ahead hold your breath........
    AKA TrendyProfessional1

ROM
    NexsMod 5.0.4

Oh Samsung D:

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    I hope we dont get it anytime soon then i need to redo altered beast yet again

an sammy has been much better with updates lately so i dont see it being very far off
    And that is when I will update to GB, I dont plan on updating to an official on this phone anyway.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3