1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera - Crashing / Freezing

So, wondering if I'm alone -- here's what I've been seeing:
    * Occasionally when taking a picture using the camera, the entire phone crashes and automatically reboots
    * Occasionally when taking a picture the buttons stop functioning. The video/picture/screen stays live, you can see what the camera sees as you move it, but pushing any buttons (soft or hard) does nothing. Eventually it unfreezes.

Anyone else?

ROM
    None

Default Re: Camera - Crashing / Freezing

Oh yea big time. Im getting the freezing but not the re booting. Its a PITA too!

I get the freezing. It takes great pics but takes too long to save them!

ROM
    Eclipse v1.2/imnuts PBJ

Mine was doing that a bunch so I downloaded Vignette camera app off the market and for some reason it saves much faster and doesnt really freeze unless I have something else running at the same time. Give it a try and see if it works for your phone
    Droid Charge
    Eclipse v1.2/ imnuts PBJ OTB Edn
    If you like what I say, hit the Thanks button!

I just had this problem with my Charge a while ago, and found that if I push the power button when this freeze condition occurs, the camera becomes live again and takes photos. (a couple minutes later, after taking a flash picture it went totally dead. Earlier today it went dead in the middle of a phone call...) -Tim