328mb of RAM?

testt

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm hearing a lot of bad stuff about the RAM, or the lack thereof. I don't want a phone which can't multitask well, or will be limited because of the higher requirements for ICS, so how bad is it?

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
328 ram is not bad. No phone ever have its full advertised ram to run the phone. For example the htc sensation has 758 megs of ram iirc, and only 5 and change is available for use, and since sense 3.0 is such a resources hog, the phone would lag when you run live wallpaper. This is on a dual core phone btw. That is nuts!!

Edit: I just did a quick search and apparently the htc sensation has less than 100 megs free when you go to task manager. I don't know what a charge has since its all bloated up, but on my rooted samsung fascinate I have around 150 megs after I turn on my phone. The charge us essentially the same phone but with a larger better screen and lte radio. So my phone has more free ram than the sensation in the end even though it had less on paper.

Last edited:

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
The Charge has 512mb of RAM. Its just that only 328 of it is used dynamically. The rest is dedicated to specific operations defined by the kernel. I have a Charge, and it can run everything just fine including Dungeon Defenders.

Sent from my C64 over PSINet using my new, super cool 1200 baud modem.

chaddymoff

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
If you're a spec/number hound: you won't like it. If you're a performance hound: It works just fine so who cares what the number is.

Multi-tasking, gaming, email, messaging, web surfing (since the EE4 update), You Tube....this thing zips right along with no complaints from me.

My $.02 for ya. :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude