Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Default Video Chat

Are there any apps that will allow for use of the front facing camera to video chat? Can be on wifi or 3g/4g...just need something that works.

I downloaded and tried qik, but it only uses the rear camera. I am rooted, if that helps to get something that works.

Try tango. Great app. Prefer it over qik any day of the week.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    mc21 likes this.

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.0.4 Rooted

Default Re: Video Chat

Tango and Fring are your best options atm. I downloaded Fring last night, and it seems to be working well

So basically- if you get Tango or Fring- anyone you'd want to VOIP with has to also have that same program?

The problem is- Tango and Fring ain't skype- meaning, almost no one has heard of them..Anyone know here when Skype will move forward with VOIP for Droid?

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS Leak

I use Fring. I discovered it on the forums here. I just tell whoever I want to video chat about it, and they have it within a couple of minutes. Several of my friends use it now since I've told them about it over the past week. It works fine. The only downside is that I can't video chat with people on a computer, like I had hoped Skype Mobile would allow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher Turtle View Post
    I use Fring. I discovered it on the forums here. I just tell whoever I want to video chat about it, and they have it within a couple of minutes. Several of my friends use it now since I've told them about it over the past week. It works fine. The only downside is that I can't video chat with people on a computer, like I had hoped Skype Mobile would allow.
    Exactly- I'm sure Fring is good as you say it is- but if I want to call my wife and kid at home- I need to use either skype or gchat.. and to my knowledge- neither is available for voip on the droid.. unless someone else knows something I don't.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Are Tango or Fring available for iOS?

I need the ability to video chat with my wife on her iPhone 4.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS Leak

Quote Originally Posted by mcbrett View Post
    Exactly- I'm sure Fring is good as you say it is- but if I want to call my wife and kid at home- I need to use either skype or gchat.. and to my knowledge- neither is available for voip on the droid.. unless someone else knows something I don't.
    I have heard rumors that Google is currently working on implementing its video chat feature from Google Voice on the Android software on the phones. I'm looking for more info on this now.

Edit: http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/201...oid-phone.html
    Looks like it's coming on Gingerbread.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Carrier
    ICS Leak

Quote Originally Posted by Skullbussa View Post

Fring definitely is. I was video chatting a friend with an iPhone 4 yesterday from my Charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullbussa View Post

Tango is available on iOS as well

I think you should be able to also with yahoo messenger...and this would enable you to video chat with people on ios as well as on a computer