Goodbye Charge... going to TBolt.....

Mikewired

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I could not take the garbled audio during a phone conversation anymore!!!!! I went to the vzw store and tried 2 of their display handsets, same thing. The TBolt had the best sound after making dozens of test calls. Don't get me wrong I really like the Charge but its got to be a phone first. No I will have to see if I can keep the battery inline on the Tbolt.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried switching the Vocoder to EVRC-B? I did that and enabled Noise Reduction under Call Settings and the audio quality is great on my end and people could hear me just fine.

mcbrett

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Mike- the issue is.. your particular phone. This is not a Droid Charge issue. Thanks for sharing your trials and tribulations however.

If it was a Charge issue- we would all know about it- like we all know the Thunderbolt has a horrible battery.

Reactions: Bravozero

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
^ Exactly. Just like the last time I owned a Charge, I had screen issues and so did some of the demo models. I got a new one from Costco and it is perfect.

Not all phones are created equal. I would try to exchange it for a new one if you're still in your 14-day timeframe.

Ted#WP

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I could not take the garbled audio during a phone conversation anymore!!!!! I went to the vzw store and tried 2 of their display handsets, same thing. The TBolt had the best sound after making dozens of test calls. Don't get me wrong I really like the Charge but its got to be a phone first. No I will have to see if I can keep the battery inline on the Tbolt.

I had similar bad experience trying out the sound on "display" handset. Especially the speakerphone. Those units have been banged around so much. Especially the rear cover where the security cable is attached to (and yanked from all the time), it rattles causing the speakerphone speaker to sound "garbled".

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Wow there is some serious hating on the thunderbolt going on in here.. I say try to exchange your charge and get another one and if its still screwed up get the thunderbolt.. You can always get a extended battery.. But a speaker problem just sucks lol..

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Wow there is some serious hating on the thunderbolt going on in here.. I say try to exchange your charge and get another one and if its still screwed up get the thunderbolt.. You can always get a extended battery.. But a speaker problem just sucks lol..

FWIW, I own a thunderbolt and love it. Been unplugged since 9am and still have 75% battery left, and I've been using it all day. Also, the majority of folks with reboot issues are those that owned one with the original software and installed the last OTA update. Your chances are much better if you get phone factory flashed with the latest software. (Or even better if you root it!).

dflores

May 5, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I own a thunderbolt and love it. Been unplugged since 9am and still have 75% battery left, and I've been using it all day. Also, the majority of folks with reboot issues are those that owned one with the original software and installed the last OTA update. Your chances are much better if you get phone factory flashed with the latest software. (Or even better if you root it!).

I don't know about that. On my Thunderbolt, I have the 4G radio turned off, replaced the Sense home with ADW, and manually killed all the Sense background processes... and still barely get by on some days.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The choice of Thunderbolt is confusing at best. Even the Revolution, saddled with Bing, is better than the Bolt. Trust me, you're going to regret getting the Bolt, especially when your battery runs out after 6 hours.

mc21

May 8, 2010
Visit site
i feel that the hating on the tb is because a fair share of charge owners are previous tb owners and that includes me. i dont hate it per say but there was a reason i returned it.

Moreno

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed any speaker problems with my Droid Charge. Like many others mentioned, no two devices are the same. One may have a problem, another may not. I would try it another time, if not. Good luck with your HTC Thunderbolt.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
ya that is a bit much, it is better but the TB screen is not BAD

I have owned both and I found the call quality better on the charge over the TB

I also had the original software and never got any reboots, I also had days like posted above (with the extended battery) but what got me is I could run the phone heavy for 2 days no problem and then all of a sudden one day run the extended battery down in 6 hours.

The phone does have some bugs as they all do but the TB had to many that directly effected me, like when it deleted a couple of my contacts from the phone and in turn removed them from my google account and from what I read this was rare but enough for me to ditch it

nat72sherman

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Dont own any samsung phones that is remotely new, but i had a few samsung flip phones back in the day, and the call quality was always horrible. As far as the Thunderbolt, the only issue that affect me is the battery.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Laugh out loooooordd.
Give me a break troll. The Thunderbolt screen is a nice screen. Not as good as charge, but not crappy.
Talk about hyperbole

Troll? Really?

The screen on my previous Droid X was much better than the washed out screen on the Thunderbolt, and this is comparing to not only demo models, but models that are owned by people I know. So that tells you something.

In the end it's all personal preference anyway. If you people like the Thunderbolt screen, good for you. Whatever makes you happy.

abejenaru73

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Tbolt is a nice screen.....if youre always used to watching a standard def tv.
The second you've had an hdtv, that old sdtv will never look as good again.
Best analogy to describe the screen

waterfrontmgmt

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
forget the screen, the reboots and the battery....i could live with those....but the tbolt is a brick. i almost bought a second one for my other pocket just so i clould walk balanced.

but it was cheaper just to exchange it for the charge:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke