Apple filed an injunction wanting Samsung to stop selling Charge!

bl4ke360

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Apple filed an injunction wanting Samsung to stop selling Cha

This might not be a good thing, because we can probably forget about all future updates for the Charge..

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

Interesting why Samsung and not HTC or LG? All the high end 4G Android phones are more or less the same anyway.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site

I like how Apple keeps mentioning the Galaxy 4G and Infuse 4G, and even the Galaxy Tabs, but only mention the Droid Charge a couple of times and not in detail either. The DC isn't even considered a Galaxy phone from what I understand, nor doe it look ANYTHING like the other Samsung devices in question by Apple.

If those scumbags get away with this against Samsung, my iPod will be up for sale and I'll go buy a Zune. Eff Apple.

zman6900

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

Apple is one of Samsung's biggest customers. You could say they're partners to a degree. lol Stupid Apple. Their cutting their own throat. An act of desperation is what it really is. I personally think Apple is scared they will lose their status. Their just to stupid to realize they already have.

GramieDroid

May 27, 2011
Visit site

EBC-994WBEBSTD_400x400.jpg

How come it says Galaxy S on the Charge replacement door ?

LowRentTechGuy

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

It's because of Touchwiz looking too much like iOS.

But I think this gives samsung incentive to come up with a good ui overlay instead of candyland.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Apple is one of Samsung's biggest customers. You could say they're partners to a degree. lol Stupid Apple. Their cutting their own throat. An act of desperation is what it really is. I personally think Apple is scared they will lose their status. Their just to stupid to realize they already have.

They're not actually. Its all a strategy game, being played by both. Apple is willing and almost ready to move most of their component production to other suppliers. If it does so, Samsung would be in deep trouble financially. At this point Samsung is just as dependent on apple as apple is on Samsung. Neither will let it get to the point that it would affect their parts relationship. (Not that Samsung would be able to without violating their contracts anyways)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I like how Apple keeps mentioning the Galaxy 4G and Infuse 4G, and even the Galaxy Tabs, but only mention the Droid Charge a couple of times and not in detail either. The DC isn't even considered a Galaxy phone from what I understand, nor doe it look ANYTHING like the other Samsung devices in question by Apple.

If those scumbags get away with this against Samsung, my iPod will be up for sale and I'll go buy a Zune. Eff Apple.

The charge is certainly a galaxy s phone, but that is irrelevant to the case. It mostly revolves around the inclusion of touchwiz.

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site

The charge is certainly a galaxy s phone, but that is irrelevant to the case. It mostly revolves around the inclusion of touchwiz.

Then why are they only including the latest models and not previous models, especially the Fascinate and other first generation GS phones?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Absolutely not. The contract is not material to samsungs business.

You're kidding right? The last contract Apple signed with Samsung in February was worth $8 billion. Last year they paid them $6 billion. Samsung's display arm is already under water, and losing Apple would push them over the edge.

If you honestly think Samsung won't be affected by Apple not renewing those contracts, you're delusional.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Then why are they only including the latest models and not previous models, especially the Fascinate and other first generation GS phones?

They have. The entire Galaxy series was included in the suit, and they've included the following in the new round:

Droid Charge, Exhibit 4G, Galaxy Ace, Galaxy Prevail, Gravity, Infuse 4G, Nexus S 4G, Replenish, Sidekick, Galaxy Tab 10.1, and Galaxy S II

chiahead

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

not to mention the huge amount of non cell phone related stuff Samsung has....TV's, dvd players, full line of appliances including making all of GE's appliances now, and various other electronics. Honestly the cell phone side of Samsung is not nearly as big as you think. Samsung is such a big company its crazy. BTW I work for LG..haha

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

not to mention the huge amount of non cell phone related stuff Samsung has....TV's, dvd players, full line of appliances including making all of GE's appliances now, and various other electronics. Honestly the cell phone side of Samsung is not nearly as big as you think. Samsung is such a big company its crazy. BTW I work for LG..haha

Do you think that if their chip and display arms are losing big money they're really going to not be affected? Of course Samsung is big. They're a conglomerate. But that doesn't mean that the individual divisions are somehow infallible and unable to be affected by things like, oh, the dropping of an $8 billion contract.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton