Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Default Re: HTC J Butterfly

HTC J Butterfly is "HTC DLX_J" (Codename)
    Google –|–๓

Quote Originally Posted by giper54 View Post
    Panda. Thank you for the great news. Do you think the US will see a version of this phone before 2013?
    +1 I will hold off on the HTC One X+ if this is coming before 2013 or even if I could buy unlocked.
    United States Air Force

This phone is pretty obviously similar to the DIX that has been rumored for some time now. Should be out for the holidays and will be my next phone. I have the GNex if I want to play with rims and the latest version of Android.

This will make me NOT want to buy the Note 2 or the LG Nexus.
    Local_Hero likes this.

The ONLY other time I recall seeing "With Google" on the back of a phone was the LG Nexus pix from last week.

Could this be a subtle HTC Google Nexus leak???

I just soiled myself......
    Thanked by:
    Slender Troll likes this.

Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If this comes in November like the rumors suggest I will be getting it. I can see Verizon bumping the battery up a few more mAh's.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I don't want to sadden you, but my thunderbolt has "with Google" on the kickstand...
    Thanked by 2:

Stupid Thunderbolt. I thought everything peeled off the kickstand on that phone?
    TenshiNo and sdouglas3673 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mappan777 View Post
    HTC J Butterfly is "HTC DLX_J" (Codename)
    Google –|–๓
    That article says it could be the Nexus 5 as well. If so, the Nexus 4 from LG looks even less attractive. Let it be so!!!
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,153 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by blackmannx View Post
    This device is a beast.. The screen tech which is outstanding will be coming to a device for the north american market. Once you see a SLCD3 1080p screen everything else becomes ..."ok" this version of sense however will not be onboard.

Laters...

Panda
    First phone that really makes me want to replace my One X.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

This phone has just rejuvenated my phone addiction. Pleeeaaassseee at least make the unlocked version t mobile friendly.

Global Posts
    1,628 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

If this phone does not come to US I will be moving to Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Fire View Post
    If this phone does not come to US I will be moving to Japan.
    They have such cool phones in Japan. Moving there for awesome phone selection is tempting, for sure.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ion
    droidman2177 and masterpfa like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joet View Post
    The ONLY other time I recall seeing "With Google" on the back of a phone was the LG Nexus pix from last week.

Could this be a subtle HTC Google Nexus leak???

I just soiled myself......
    With Google is on the back of a lot of phones, it is just pretty understated usually. Even my original Motorola Droid had With Google on it.

Quote Originally Posted by dplane View Post
    ...someone mentioned this thing will be water proof; is this true?

Hope well see this on Big Red by years end.

That would be great. I have 2 large live coral aquariums and have killed 2 HTC Thunderbolts by accidentally dropping my phone into the tank. I've actually dropped my current Thunderbolt in twice, but pulled it out of the tank and removed the battery, sim card, etc quick enough that after it dried it worked fine. I'm constantly around water, not including the 99% of the time that it's raining here in South Florida, and a phone being water proof or even simply water resistant would be a big selling point for me, although I hate the idea of not having a removable battery and a memory card slot.

Dang it! I posted those specs on the Nexus poll a couple of days ago. I need a new HTC on T-Mobile. My Amaze is still good but it's time for a bigger phone. Was considering the One S but it has the same screen size.

Hell yea! And I'm able to upgrade in early February? Yep, I'm pumped.

ROM
    CM10

Verizon.

HTC 6435LVW aka Droid Incredible X. Book it.
    dalex7777 likes this.

I gotta have this phone!!!! Make a Sprint version and give it a 13 mp camera and I'm good.

I was thinking the same thing. I would have passed on this because the battery was not removable, but I might reconsider and just purchase and external battery pack.

HTC put "With Google" on the back of a lot of their devices in the long long ago time. I remember my old HTC Hero (Sprint) said that on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmannx View Post
    This device is a beast.. The screen tech which is outstanding will be coming to a device for the north american market. Once you see a SLCD3 1080p screen everything else becomes ..."ok" this version of sense however will not be onboard.

Laters...

Panda
    I remember you hinting at an HTC Nexus device awhile back in your sig, which you've since changed. I'm thinking we might see an HTC Nexus Device announced on the 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by dplane View Post
    One would imagine that a LTE equipped big red version would have a slightly bumped up battle capacity... however we don't know if the SLCD3 is possibly more energy efficient than its predecessors on the Rezound and One series. Also...someone mentioned this thing will be water proof; is this true?

Hope well see this on Big Red by years end.
    Actually we DO know that the SLCD3 is more energy efficient: this display uses the SHARP IGZO (indium gallium zinc oxide) process. Sharp has said that products using this display technology last 2.5 times longer overall in battery life than products without that display. That said, the Adreno 320 in the APQ8064 is a beast of a graphics processor: we are seeing this in the LG Optimus G and Asus Padfone 2 without the benefit of Jelly Bean (they both run Ice Cream Sandwich) and both of those devies are benchmark monsters.

HTC is well aware of the battery criticism they've had for their large screened, 4G devices, hopefully they've done the math and found 2,020 mAh sufficient for this LTE device.

And yes, the Japanese version is IPX5 water resistent. Here are the specs straight from the horse's mouth: http://www.htc.com/jp/smartphones/htl21/#specs Here's hoping we DO see the HTC6435LVW as the Nexus 5 this year, but it could end up being December/January in anniversary of the original Nexus One.
    Last edited by dalex7777; 10-19-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Added information about HTC device plans on Verizon

Almost makes me want to buy an HTC device again
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"

Global Posts
    881 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

I want one in blue and black!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast