Pure Google
    LED notification light
    2500+ mah battery
    Removable Battery
    SD support
    16 gb internal storage
    NFC
    Water proof

Anything else I'm missing?(I don't know much about the camera I suppose- 3 MP front facing, 8-12 back? What lens? etc)

If a phone like that ever came out, it would simply dominate everything.

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Default Re: HTC J Butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon4EK View Post
    This phone is getting close....

Perfect Phone:
    slcd3 1920x1080
    4.7-5 inch screen
    LTE
    2gb ram
    s4 quadcore
    Pure Google
    LED notification light
    2500+ mah battery
    Removable Battery
    SD support
    16 gb internal storage
    NFC
    Water proof

Anything else I'm missing?(I don't know much about the camera I suppose- 3 MP front facing, 8-12 back? What lens? etc)

If a phone like that ever came out, it would simply dominate everything.
    Sorry to say but with a removeable battery and SD support I seriously seriously doubt that it would be waterproof
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted) Jelly Bean

Damnit... A few weeks ago I was waiting on the Note 2. Now I don't know. And I'm always preaching about "don't wait for the 'next great phone'" and here I can't help myself. This last generation of phones was impressive, but the ones coming out now are nothing short of jaw-dropping. Both in terms of performance and aesthetics. Of course, I've always liked HTC's styling, even with just the subtle red accents.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

I too am waiting to get a note 2 and now this. I really want this type of phone but want expandable memory and larger battery. It is a shame that HTC can not launch their phones as one model world wide instead of customizing them for each carrier. It just makes them less likely to support them with upgrades. I just have no idea when this might be coming since HTC wants to sell their x+ variant.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

I could live with out a removable battery but a SD card is nearly essential. I have a feeling that the screen from Sharp will be very energy efficient and we already know that the snapdragon is the chip to get now until the other chip makers migrate to using a 28nm technology and it seems that the Adreno 320 graphics chip may be the best now on the market. This set up seems to blow every one out of the water. This combination may be very battery friendly. I am very excited about this next crop of phones.

I wouldn't own something that powerful without an option for removable battery. I'd probably be tethered to a wall by lunch time... here's hoping that the processor and screen play nice with that battery.

Sent from my HTC One X

Default HTC J Butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by MangoPowah View Post
    I wouldn't own something that powerful without an option for removable battery. I'd probably be tethered to a wall by lunch time... here's hoping that the processor and screen play nice with that battery.

Sent from my HTC One X
    It'll be fine. Go read an Optimus G review and you'll understand why.

The DROID RAZR is water resistant ( I have dropped it in countless puddles, it's always raining here in central Florida, and even in the sink once and not a problem) now it doesn't have a removable battery but looking at the different ads for the water proof / resistant features it seems the biggest thing is having the internal components coated with a type of protection.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Default HTC J Butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by dalex7777 View Post
    Actually we DO know that the SLCD3 is more energy efficient: this display uses the SHARP IGZO (indium gallium zinc oxide) process. Sharp has said that products using this display technology last 2.5 times longer overall in battery life than products without that display. That said, the Adreno 320 in the APQ8064 is a beast of a graphics processor: we are seeing this in the LG Optimus G and Asus Padfone 2 without the benefit of Jelly Bean (they both run Ice Cream Sandwich) and both of those devies are benchmark monsters.

HTC is well aware of the battery criticism they've had for their large screened, 4G devices, hopefully they've done the math and found 2,020 mAh sufficient for this LTE device.

And yes, the Japanese version is IPX5 water resistent. Here are the specs straight from the horse's mouth: Here's hoping we DO see the HTC6435LVW as the Nexus 5 this year, but it could end up being December/January in anniversary of the original Nexus One.
    Where have you heard that its IGZO? I haven't seen anything anywhere that said that.

This phone and Google's 10/29 event just stopped me from getting the Note II on launch day for Sprint. Thanks, HTC and Google.

I would love a 5.5" version of the HTC J Butterfly, with a removable 2500+ mAh battery, a camera as good or better than Nokia's PureView 808, and an upgraded Sense UI w/ multi-window feature like the Note II.

That's not too much to ask for, is it?

Looking forward to hearing more news about the U.S. version...
    Local_Hero likes this.

I won't buy a phone without removable batteries. I swap batteries daily and never have my phone plugged in because of my external charger. I love this setup too much to give it up.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,903 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Where have you heard that its IGZO? I haven't seen anything anywhere that said that.
    I've heard the opposite. I've heard that it's definitely NOT IGZO (it was in one of those videos that was posted I think).
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Default HTC J Butterfly

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    I've heard the opposite. I've heard that it's definitely NOT IGZO (it was in one of those videos that was posted I think).
    That's why I'm curious, because I'm pretty sure sharp is going to keep that in house for a while, save for larger screens for apple.

ROM
    TouchWiz/Android 4.3

The leaked pictures of the Verizon version look so sexy. It looks like a Droid Incredible without the textured back.
    Don't Eat Yellow Snow!!!

Is it for Sprint? Or is it for Big Red?

Motorola Photon 4G
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,903 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Slender Troll View Post
    Is it for Sprint? Or is it for Big Red?

Motorola Photon 4G
    The J Butterfly is Japan only. A different variant will make it to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by dalex7777 View Post
    Actually we DO know that the SLCD3 is more energy efficient: this display uses the SHARP IGZO (indium gallium zinc oxide) process. Sharp has said that products using this display technology last 2.5 times longer overall in battery life than products without that display. That said, the Adreno 320 in the APQ8064 is a beast of a graphics processor: we are seeing this in the LG Optimus G and Asus Padfone 2 without the benefit of Jelly Bean (they both run Ice Cream Sandwich) and both of those devies are benchmark monsters.

HTC is well aware of the battery criticism they've had for their large screened, 4G devices, hopefully they've done the math and found 2,020 mAh sufficient for this LTE device.

And yes, the Japanese version is IPX5 water resistent. Here are the specs straight from the horse's mouth: Here's hoping we DO see the HTC6435LVW as the Nexus 5 this year, but it could end up being December/January in anniversary of the original Nexus One.
    you are wrong on couple of things here..
    first. Super SLCD3 uses LG's AH-IPS panel, and it uses LTPS TFT not IGZO TFT. (Oxide TFT)
    on performance wise LTPS> IGZO still, IGZO just makes it easier and cheaper to produce than LTPS. (mobility of a-Si is 1㎠/Vs, LTPS is 100~150㎠/Vs, IGZO is about 50~80㎠/Vs.)

about energy saving...LTPS also consume 50+% less power than ordinary a-Si TFT panels. IGZO also compared its performance against typical a-Si TFT panels as well.

pro's of IGZO is that it simplified process (half of LTPS) so its cheaper and faster to produce, and it can use current a-Si TFT process so thats a big plus.

LG showed off 5inch 1080p 440ppi display back in may 28th, Sharp showed it off two weeks ago at Japan CEATEC, same time KDDI showed off HTC's Butterfly.
    Last edited by jamisont; 10-23-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,903 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jamisont View Post
    you are wrong on couple of things here..
    first. Super SLCD3 uses LG's AH-IPS panel, and it uses LTPS TFT not IGZO TFT. (Oxide TFT)
    on performance wise LTPS> IGZO still, IGZO just makes it easier and cheaper to produce than LTPS. (mobility of a-Si is 1㎠/Vs, LTPS is 100~150㎠/Vs, IGZO is about 50~80㎠/Vs.)

about energy saving...LTPS also consume 50+% less power than ordinary a-Si TFT panels. IGZO also compared its performance against typical a-Si TFT panels as well.

pro's of IGZO is that it simplified process (half of LTPS) so its cheaper and faster to produce, and it can use current a-Si TFT process so thats a big plus.

LG showed off 5inch 1080p 440ppi display back in may 28th, Sharp showed it off two weeks ago at Japan CEATEC, same time KDDI showed off HTC's Butterfly.
    I gotta wonder...are you pulling this from somewhere on the Internet or do you work in the industry?

The J Butterfly is Japan only. A different variant will make it to the US.
    I meant the US version of the phone.

Motorola Photon 4G

I gotta wonder...are you pulling this from somewhere on the Internet or do you work in the industry?
    i dont work in the industry but i keep up with news.
    i'll tell you what.. you can find some sites claiming Sharp developed 5 inch SLCD3 IGZO panel but thats wrong.
    its CGS(sharp's LTPS tech) panels not IGZO.

its 2011 sharp's plan for LCD for this year, Sharp's factory, Kemeyama's first linie would produce CGS LCD for smartphones, and 2nd line would produce IGZO for Tablets. (also to supplly Ipad)

it’s the full-HD (1920 x 1080) 5-inch that is going into production. It is based on a much older CG-Silicon (continuous grain or CGS for short) backplane technology.
    about full HD LCD display, LG showed off first at june 3rd on SID, Sharp's display showed off on oct 2nd on CEATEC (same day HTC showed butterfly on CEATEC)
    Japan display(sony, toshiba hitachi)'s gonna show their product on FPD International end of this month.
    HTC's probably gonna get their display from all those 3 companies for full HD LCD, but the one they used on CEATEC was just my guess.
    cuz it doesnt make sense to announce ur first product on a show and other company shows same thing already equipped on their product.
    Last edited by jamisont; 10-23-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Default HTC J Butterfly

That's absolutely gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon4EK View Post
    This phone is getting close....

Perfect Phone:
    slcd3 1920x1080
    4.7-5 inch screen
    LTE
    2gb ram
    s4 quadcore
    Pure Google
    LED notification light
    2500+ mah battery
    Removable Battery
    SD support
    16 gb internal storage
    NFC
    Water proof

If a phone like that ever came out, it would simply dominate everything
    I think Galaxy tab and apple iPhone is the best choice. Which smartphone is best in your opinion?
    Last edited by ReneJames; 04-14-2013 at 07:46 AM.

I'm currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan and they had this phone as an option with service with KDDI. Cost a pretty penny but I said yes, please. Really love the phone, but when it bricks it bricks hard. I had my first one die the other day about a week after getting it. Unlike the EVO 3D (which can take a beating) and other removable batteries there is no removing the battery to reset most issues. KDDI was very helpful when I told them what happened and gave me a brand new replacement, not a refurb, at no charge (I'm looking at you Verizon). In love again!

ROM
    Stock

International Butterfly Android 4.2
    Leaked video

Sent from my Note II
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123