HTC J Butterfly

ronzkie21

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Dang it! I posted those specs on the Nexus poll a couple of days ago. I need a new HTC on T-Mobile. My Amaze is still good but it's time for a bigger phone. Was considering the One S but it has the same screen size.

jemcclean

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing. I would have passed on this because the battery was not removable, but I might reconsider and just purchase and external battery pack.

tokuzumi

May 29, 2010
Visit site
HTC put "With Google" on the back of a lot of their devices in the long long ago time. I remember my old HTC Hero (Sprint) said that on the back.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
This device is a beast.. The screen tech which is outstanding will be coming to a device for the north american market. Once you see a SLCD3 1080p screen everything else becomes ..."ok" this version of sense however will not be onboard.

Laters...

Panda

I remember you hinting at an HTC Nexus device awhile back in your sig, which you've since changed. I'm thinking we might see an HTC Nexus Device announced on the 29th.

dalex7777

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
One would imagine that a LTE equipped big red version would have a slightly bumped up battle capacity... however we don't know if the SLCD3 is possibly more energy efficient than its predecessors on the Rezound and One series. Also...someone mentioned this thing will be water proof; is this true?

Hope well see this on Big Red by years end.

Actually we DO know that the SLCD3 is more energy efficient: this display uses the SHARP IGZO (indium gallium zinc oxide) process. Sharp has said that products using this display technology last 2.5 times longer overall in battery life than products without that display. That said, the Adreno 320 in the APQ8064 is a beast of a graphics processor: we are seeing this in the LG Optimus G and Asus Padfone 2 without the benefit of Jelly Bean (they both run Ice Cream Sandwich) and both of those devies are benchmark monsters.

HTC is well aware of the battery criticism they've had for their large screened, 4G devices, hopefully they've done the math and found 2,020 mAh sufficient for this LTE device.

And yes, the Japanese version is IPX5 water resistent. Here are the specs straight from the horse's mouth: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%2Fjp%2Fsmartphones%2Fhtl21%2F&token=EgMb22A4 Here's hoping we DO see the HTC6435LVW as the Nexus 5 this year, but it could end up being December/January in anniversary of the original Nexus One.

Last edited:

4ekbrandon

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
This phone is getting close....

Perfect Phone:
slcd3 1920x1080
4.7-5 inch screen
LTE
2gb ram
s4 quadcore
Pure Google
LED notification light
2500+ mah battery
Removable Battery
SD support
16 gb internal storage
NFC
Water proof

Anything else I'm missing?(I don't know much about the camera I suppose- 3 MP front facing, 8-12 back? What lens? etc)

If a phone like that ever came out, it would simply dominate everything.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
This phone is getting close....

Perfect Phone:
slcd3 1920x1080
4.7-5 inch screen
LTE
2gb ram
s4 quadcore
Pure Google
LED notification light
2500+ mah battery
Removable Battery
SD support
16 gb internal storage
NFC
Water proof

Anything else I'm missing?(I don't know much about the camera I suppose- 3 MP front facing, 8-12 back? What lens? etc)

If a phone like that ever came out, it would simply dominate everything.

Sorry to say but with a removeable battery and SD support I seriously seriously doubt that it would be waterproof

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Damnit... A few weeks ago I was waiting on the Note 2. Now I don't know. And I'm always preaching about "don't wait for the 'next great phone'" and here I can't help myself. This last generation of phones was impressive, but the ones coming out now are nothing short of jaw-dropping. Both in terms of performance and aesthetics. Of course, I've always liked HTC's styling, even with just the subtle red accents.

dkositsky

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I too am waiting to get a note 2 and now this. I really want this type of phone but want expandable memory and larger battery. It is a shame that HTC can not launch their phones as one model world wide instead of customizing them for each carrier. It just makes them less likely to support them with upgrades. I just have no idea when this might be coming since HTC wants to sell their x+ variant.

dkositsky

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I could live with out a removable battery but a SD card is nearly essential. I have a feeling that the screen from Sharp will be very energy efficient and we already know that the snapdragon is the chip to get now until the other chip makers migrate to using a 28nm technology and it seems that the Adreno 320 graphics chip may be the best now on the market. This set up seems to blow every one out of the water. This combination may be very battery friendly. I am very excited about this next crop of phones.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't own something that powerful without an option for removable battery. I'd probably be tethered to a wall by lunch time... here's hoping that the processor and screen play nice with that battery.

Sent from my HTC One X

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't own something that powerful without an option for removable battery. I'd probably be tethered to a wall by lunch time... here's hoping that the processor and screen play nice with that battery.

Sent from my HTC One X

It'll be fine. Go read an Optimus G review and you'll understand why.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The DROID RAZR is water resistant ( I have dropped it in countless puddles, it's always raining here in central Florida, and even in the sink once and not a problem) now it doesn't have a removable battery but looking at the different ads for the water proof / resistant features it seems the biggest thing is having the internal components coated with a type of protection.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Actually we DO know that the SLCD3 is more energy efficient: this display uses the SHARP IGZO (indium gallium zinc oxide) process. Sharp has said that products using this display technology last 2.5 times longer overall in battery life than products without that display. That said, the Adreno 320 in the APQ8064 is a beast of a graphics processor: we are seeing this in the LG Optimus G and Asus Padfone 2 without the benefit of Jelly Bean (they both run Ice Cream Sandwich) and both of those devies are benchmark monsters.

HTC is well aware of the battery criticism they've had for their large screened, 4G devices, hopefully they've done the math and found 2,020 mAh sufficient for this LTE device.

And yes, the Japanese version is IPX5 water resistent. Here are the specs straight from the horse's mouth: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%2Fjp%2Fsmartphones%2Fhtl21%2F&token=yP0dtr5Q Here's hoping we DO see the HTC6435LVW as the Nexus 5 this year, but it could end up being December/January in anniversary of the original Nexus One.

Where have you heard that its IGZO? I haven't seen anything anywhere that said that.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This phone and Google's 10/29 event just stopped me from getting the Note II on launch day for Sprint. Thanks, HTC and Google. :-\ :p

I would love a 5.5" version of the HTC J Butterfly, with a removable 2500+ mAh battery, a camera as good or better than Nokia's PureView 808, and an upgraded Sense UI w/ multi-window feature like the Note II.

That's not too much to ask for, is it? ;)

Looking forward to hearing more news about the U.S. version...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar