HTC DLX first pictures

colonel_panic

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I really hope there's an SD card...I'm guessing 12MP pix will fill up the memory fast!

11/20 or so release date would be awesome...my upgrade hits on 11/15 :D if the $199 price holds, will that be what I could get it for on my upgrade, or is that the new contract only price?

Really love my DX, but I'm ready for something new.

Last edited:

canesfan44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The white j butterfly is ice cold! I've had a Thunderbolt since release and would love to pick this up as my upgrade. I'm hoping for a removable battery and sdcard (I've got 4 32gb scards and 3 extra batteries from Thunderbolt replacements), and if it's water-proof I'll be ecstatic. I broke 2 of my Thunderbolts because I foolishly (trust me, it was from being a fool more so than just an accident. One time I was using a bubble-level app to make sure a new tank I was setting up was level and completely forgot my phone was not built into the 2x4 I was using to check the level and when I finished, I just grabbed the end of the 2x4, heard a splash and saw my phone sitting underwater in the sand. Like I said, I did it "foolishly", not accidentally.) dropped them in my coral reef aquariums. If it's water-proof, it's closer to being fool-proof, because no matter how smart I believe I am, I know I can be a damn fool as well. I hope they bring the white version here to the states, because that thing looks goooo-oood! And make it water-proof as well because I'm a moron.

DarkScythe

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Haha, it seems like more than a few of us would be extremely happy with the J Butterfly over the DLX/DNA.
Unfortunately, it seems like they won't be coming to the US. :(

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm sure I'll be going with the note 2 since there's no SD slot : (

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
BMX goes beyond even a power user. If you have seen his data usage stats, you would know what I mean. Wait for real world tests, and then decide.

yep.. my usable time of 8 hours is outstanding.. I do not believe in wifi when I pay for data and I use ALOT of services that chew through data.... At least wait till final software before choosing etc..

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I believe I've read in seveal posts there will not be a SD slot
One source was 'footbal' (I think just trying to remember) and he's been a solid source for stuff like this from HTC.
Yet one can hope but I believe this will be a trend going forward on many phones (whether we want it or not)

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
My contract is up in a few days, but I think I'm going to wait for this one. The only drawback that we know of right now is the 16 gig storage space, and all phones seem to have some feature missing so I can accept that compared to other things that might be missing.

I'm a little worried that it'll be too big. I want a big screen for easier typing and better web browsing, but I really want a phone, not a "phablet" - but looking at the pictures it looks as if the side bezels are minimal enough that it may have a similar footprint to the Galaxy SIII. That's what I'm hoping.

If it looks pocketable when it comes out, and the battery life tests out well, this seems promising.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait till this is out! I've had terrible luck with Samsung signal quality and the MAXX HD is using AMOLED again (I hate AMOLED, so much).

I left Sprint for Verizon right before they got the EVO LTE, which is amazing. I'll take the smaller battery of the DLX to get the majorly better screen.

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I hope this thing turns out to be good. More people should start to update their apps for these types of screens.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I was playing with the Note 2 in the store this morning and I enjoyed using such a big screen, but it's just not a realistic option for me for a primary phone. I wear jeans! Not super-tight jeans, but well-fitting. That thing will not fit in my pocket. I have high hopes that the DNA, with it's 0.5"-less-diagonal and smaller bezels will be more pocketable while still offering a huge screen.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Another benefit of this phone is hardware buttons. I think onscreen buttons are terrible, using up screen real estate for buttons.

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Another benefit of this phone is hardware buttons. I think onscreen buttons are terrible, using up screen real estate for buttons.

Yeah and if those are real renders of the device, it doesn't look as if having the hardware buttons forced them to make the bezel any bigger...that bottom bezel looks smaller than the Nexus 4's, which has on-screen buttons.