Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Default Re: HTC DLX first pictures

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanked by 2:
    mclarryjr and Bears like this.

I wish there were more leaks with this phone......I want to know when when when...lol

Quote Originally Posted by FishPharm View Post
    I wish there were more leaks with this phone......I want to know when when when...lol
    Yeah, my upgrade is available starting tomorrow, and I'm tempted to just go out and get either Droid RAZR MAXX HD or the Galaxy S3, but I'd like to know the deal on this one first.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaroad View Post
    Yeah, my upgrade is available starting tomorrow, and I'm tempted to just go out and get either Droid RAZR MAXX HD or the Galaxy S3, but I'd like to know the deal on this one first.
    The Razr series along with the SGS 3 are going to be out done 10 times over by this phone IF it lives up to expectations!

Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    The Razr series along with the SGS 3 are going to be out done 10 times over by this phone IF it lives up to expectations!
    IF it has good battery life.

So A/C posted about it passing the FCC today. One of the FCC docs talks about a INDUCTIVE CHARGER. The "Part 22 Test Report" doc off of here: https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...193595&fcc_id= ). (Section 3.3) .

That would be nice if true, and is the first I have heard of this. Keeps getting better and better for me if this is true ...

Quote Originally Posted by dsignori View Post
    So A/C posted about it passing the FCC today. One of the FCC docs talks about a INDUCTIVE CHARGER. The "Part 22 Test Report" doc off of here: https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...193595&fcc_id= ). (Section 3.3) .

That would be nice if true, and is the first I have heard of this. Keeps getting better and better for me if this is true ...
    What's an inductive charger?

Quote Originally Posted by Megaroad View Post
    What's an inductive charger?
    I always thought that referred to wireless charging, like the Nexus 4.

I used to think I used a lot and giving up u limited would be bothersome. Nope. I have 6gig and haven't used more than 4 but won't give up the 6 cause I like that cushion. One month I was close so definitely need it. I won't pay full retail for a phone. Can have a laptop at that ridiculous price. My bill with my corporate discount was 164.00 with unlimited. Switching I.am saving 30 a month and i actually like unlimited talkyou should seriously check your uses

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

The plans save money for some but for others it is a complete ripoff! With my usage of 40GB a month it would cost over $300 just for my usage, thats not accounting for the other 3 lines on my account! Even if I didn't consume that much data I STILL wound't be able to get rid of the unlimited just because I like the cushion of never having to worry if I'm gonna go over!

Inductive charging is wireless charging. The same that is in the Nexus 4 and most smartphones manufactured after 2011 have the option for wireless charging with an extra battery cover that has the coil buit in.

Based on what? Besides the HD screen... what will make the DLX/DNA better than the GS3? or Note 2? Will the processor in the DLX be that much better and will it be noticeable?

Quote Originally Posted by reb422 View Post
    Based on what? Besides the HD screen... what will make the DLX/DNA better than the GS3? or Note 2? Will the processor in the DLX be that much better and will it be noticeable?
    I think vs. the Note II it's more a question of what form factor you prefer. The Note II seems to fall squarely in the "phablet" category, while I'm hoping the DLX is more on the phone end of the spectrum. Also, HTC tends to use better materials in the build of its flagships than Samsung does, so that's a factor.

Vs. the Galaxy S3, it has a much better screen, somewhat better processor, but it remains to be seen how it will stack up in terms of storage space and other features.

The main question for me remains battery life. My upgrade is available today, and I'm tempted to get the droid razr maxx hd for the top battery life.

The plans save money for some but for others it is a complete ripoff! With my usage of 40GB a month it would cost over $300 just for my usage, thats not accounting for the other 3 lines on my account! Even if I didn't consume that much data I STILL wound't be able to get rid of the unlimited just because I like the cushion of never having to worry if I'm gonna go over!

Inductive charging is wireless charging. The same that is in the Nexus 4 and most smartphones manufactured after 2011 have the option for wireless charging with an extra battery cover that has the coil buit in.

40GB a month?!!!!!

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by DreamSTi View Post
    40GB a month?!!!!!
    I used 29 last month. Its very possible with streaming a lot of stuff.
    Privacy is overrated :P

Wow you guys are power users! I rarely go over 5-6 and I like to think I stream a lot. Guess not! lolz

I don't agree with people comparing this to the note 2. It's a lot closer in size to the gs3. That's what I'm comparing it to
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

you do realize your days are numbered..... numbered i say...... you are the reason we have tiered data plans now!!!!! do you pay for your tethering or do you foxfi?
    Last edited by edizzle; 11-07-2012 at 10:40 PM.
    Thanked by:

After witnessing my friends pre-order the debacle that is the Thunderbolt, and my own experience with the Rezound battery life going from decent to horrible over time - I wouldn't go near this phone (unless there are a substantial amount of reviews noting a change). I just don't trust HTC and their battery life anymore.

I phone hop a lot, and after having the Razr Maxx for awhile and now the iPhone 5, I have no tolerance for poor battery life anymore. Next up for me will probably be the Note 2, if the reviews turn out good.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mcskipp View Post
    After witnessing my friends pre-order the debacle that is the Thunderbolt, and my own experience with the Rezound battery life going from decent to horrible over time - I wouldn't go near this phone (unless there are a substantial amount of reviews noting a change). I just don't trust HTC and their battery life anymore.

I phone hop a lot, and after having the Razr Maxx for awhile and now the iPhone 5, I have no tolerance for poor battery life anymore. Next up for me will probably be the Note 2, if the reviews turn out good.
    you have no tolerance for poor battery life but are considering a samsung? they are a big offender in the battery game. i owned the Gnex and S3 and they were both terrible. granted, i have zero interest in any samsung phone as they are cheap pieces of inferior crap, so i havent researched or studied the note 2 and have no idea what its specs are. maxx has been the only phone to quench my thirst.

Quote Originally Posted by edizzle View Post
    you have no tolerance for poor battery life but are considering a samsung? they are a big offender in the battery game. i owned the Gnex and S3 and they were both terrible. granted, i have zero interest in any samsung phone as they are cheap pieces of inferior crap, so i havent researched or studied the note 2 and have no idea what its specs are. maxx has been the only phone to quench my thirst.
    Notice I said "Next up for me will probably be the Note 2, if the reviews turn out good.

The Galaxy Note 2 has a 3100mAh battery (compared to the Maxx's 3300). The Note 2's internals will have to be particularly bad to have poor battery life with a 3100 battery. But, it is possible - hence why I will wait for the reviews first.

i have zero interest in any samsung phone as they are cheap pieces of inferior crap, so i havent researched or studied the note 2 and have no idea what its specs are.
    That's cool, if you wanna talk more, maybe you can do some research first, so we can have discussions beyond calling things "inferior pieces of crap"

I've done a bit of research on both this and the note2, my pool of two upcoming phones.
    Both have snappy processors and 2 gig of mem(as does the g3), which is a minimum for me since we are planning on keeping these for awhile.
    I'll need to see if the DNA comes in a 32 gig version, without SD (note2 yes) I'd have to make a move to the cloud (I already media serve at home), but many have, I'd be doing most my syncing and data movement at home(or hotspot) over wifi so this would minimize my data usage, but I like to have enough for growth.

DNA / HTC plus' are Build / Screen / Photo software / which are important for me .
    I've watched a bunch of reviews on the note2, I've noticed with the spen many people have problems with it taking input when selecting various things.. could be software but enough reviews has shown me this to be a potential issue, if not using the spen I'd go with the DNA , though the note 2 would be something 'new/different'

I'm not a an of amoled screens, super or not, they still have much more over saturation and hue than lcd2 and I suspect lcd3 to be better, but of course this is a user preference
    My friend (G3) didn't believe me so we took the same photo, and compared, the backgrounds were always 'darker and shaded'. I have to believe this plays itself out in all display output be it games, photos, or movies.

lastly battery life, I come from tbolt so I understand this issue, that said I also know much has been done with tech that reduces the supply need and the DNA have these, keep in mind the NOTE2 must charge the spen... so they needed more juice. I'll wait and see how the reviews come out before judging and hope vZ gets some in stores to testdrive after next weeks announcement.

Will this phone have goood or somewhat good battery life or is that not known yet?

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Android Central Forums
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mcskipp View Post
    Notice I said "Next up for me will probably be the Note 2, if the reviews turn out good.

The Galaxy Note 2 has a 3100mAh battery (compared to the Maxx's 3300). The Note 2's internals will have to be particularly bad to have poor battery life with a 3100 battery. But, it is possible - hence why I will wait for the reviews first.

That's cool, if you wanna talk more, maybe you can do some research first, so we can have discussions beyond calling things "inferior pieces of crap"
    My research is that I have owned the galaxy nexus and GS3, both huge turds!

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICE CREAM SAMMICH!

Quote Originally Posted by weblos View Post
    I went from being super excited to totally dissapointed in this phone.8 hours of moderate use is horrible nowadays.I want and need a full day of use from a phone. When i saw 2500 mah i thought for sure it would last a day. The screen is only about 4% bigger than the gs3(which lasts a whole day with moderate use) with roughly 18% bigger battery. The extra pixels must suck up battery like crazy.Damn i really wanted this sexy beast, but 8 hours is unacceptable
    Could be possible you two have different opinions of moderate use.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Not sure if this has been posted but it looks like it is definitely confirmed by Verizon and will be talked about this Tuesday. Does anyone know if this thing will have gorilla glass?

Verizon DROID DNA prematurely confirmed and pictured - SlashGear
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast