Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,880 Global Posts

Default HTC DLX first pictures

You want 'em, we got 'em. Full post is here:

This is the Verizon HTC DLX | Android Central

HTC DLX first pictures-htc-verizon-1.jpgHTC DLX first pictures-htc-verizon-3.jpgHTC DLX first pictures-htc-verizon-2.jpg

Carrier
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Default Re: HTC DLX first pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    You want 'em, we got 'em. Full post is here:

This is the Verizon HTC DLX | Android Central

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	htc-verizon-1.jpg 
Views:	576 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	42328Click image for larger version. 

Name:	htc-verizon-3.jpg 
Views:	565 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	42329Click image for larger version. 

Name:	htc-verizon-2.jpg 
Views:	563 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	42330
    I'm def buying

Looks good, and glad to hear the 2500mah battery got in there. As a Galaxy Nexus owner, though, I really wish more manufacturers would get on board with the on-screen keys...
    SamOliver likes this.

Is this a Verizon exclusive?

Sent from my Nexus 7

I really like this phone, well have to see what happens between now and when I'm up for an upgrade at the end if January...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You guys have any experience how fast HTC helps push out Android updates on non-Nexus phones? I know Verizon is getting it's butt kicked by T-Mobile. I just see this phone and think how much of a shame it is that it isn't a Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaPolice007 View Post
    You guys have any experience how fast HTC helps push out Android updates on non-Nexus phones? I know Verizon is getting it's butt kicked by T-Mobile. I just see this phone and think how much of a shame it is that it isn't a Nexus.
    Me too

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    875 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

Oh man so far so good. My upgrade is in December so hopefully they announce a release date soon
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts

so far on my OneX the updates have been spot on with JB due at the end of the month. I only buy unlocked/unbranded so no carrier interferrence.For me the improvements in sense leave me no real desire to root or excessively mod the phone.i buy a phone for what it can do now and if what it can do now will still be relevent for a year or so, not what it might be able to do with a rumoured/proposed might be maybe update in the months to come.and definitly not at the mercy of a carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by strikeir13 View Post
    Looks good, and glad to hear the 2500mah battery got in there. As a Galaxy Nexus owner, though, I really wish more manufacturers would get on board with the on-screen keys...
    Why, it just takes away screen space and my eyes ain't gettin' any younger!

Liking this phone a lot I hope the battery really is 2500mah

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Carrier
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Root and use a custom ROM :-). Your homemade nexus :P
    Panda Motherfrinkin King

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Carrier
    PandaRom 12.5% Faster!!

I will say this.. the processor is quite battery friendly.. now will you get 12 hours out of it? no.. but you will find that with moderate use that a full 8 hours is possible. Now with that screen its hard to turn it off. lmao

This is going to make it hard to decide which device I want this holiday season! Seeing as I will be forced to buy unsubsidized to keep unlimited data I would want a device that is guaranteed updates (a Nexus Device) however every leak of upcoming Nexus (Possibly Nexi) device(s) just cannot stack up to the pure specs of this (HTC DLX)! I have been there with the HTC Rezound and waiting forever for an update was excruciating! Battery life doesn't really matter to me seeing as I currently have the Droid Razr and I'm lucky to get 6hrs on a full charge so 8-12 hours would be fantastic especially on a device as powerful and sexy as the DLX!
    XXI

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

Wonder what happened to the Notification lights on the back and a 12mp camera like rumors said. I really hope they have more internal storage than 16gb if there is no removable sd card
    h0pe likes this.

The front isn't bad looking and while I like the soft touch material on the back, it's quite bland (kind of ugly). All that area on the back and they couldn't find room for a kickstand or better speaker grill? But, what really kills it for me is the non-removable battery. Regardless of how much more efficient or battery friendly the hardware may be or the size/capacity of the battery, I want the CHOICE of having extra batteries at my disposal to just swap and go at any given time. I simply don't care to ever tether my phone to a charge unless as a last resort.
    bigdaddytee likes this.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,773 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by blackmannx View Post
    I will say this.. the processor is quite battery friendly.. now will you get 12 hours out of it? no.. but you will find that with moderate use that a full 8 hours is possible. Now with that screen its hard to turn it off. lmao
    He says this almost like he knows. :-P

Carrier
    quattrimus cm9

Quote Originally Posted by strikeir13 View Post
    I really don't like on screen keys......

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I like everything about it but the Verizon logo on the front.
    Nexus Lover

Global Posts
    1,268 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP JB Build 4

Quote Originally Posted by Irvgotti View Post
    Root and use a custom ROM :-). Your homemade nexus :P
    That's the motto, haha
    Local_Hero likes this.

Wow. No talks of any ground specs or features this phone has. If I didn't know any better I'd day to hell with hardware specs. Just build a phone that has a removable battery, SD slot, and on screen keys. It have a 800mhz single core, 640x480 5.8 inch screen, 512 mb RAM, and 5 GB memory spec, but long as you can swap batteries and plop in an SD card..all is forgiven.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Jaredshoes and AZDROIDX like this.

This phone looks great. Gonna be my next phone, almost for sure. I am a bit concerned with possible battery life issues with all those pixels though. I am not at all concerned with 8MP vs 12mp on the camera, and almost prefer that it be 8. Too many pixels on a little sensor never seem to be much of an improvement. I just want a decent camera. Very disappointed in my Gnex one.

I am also not at all concerned about the capacitive keys. They just take up screen space anyway. Having the GNEX now for almost a year, I see no actual benefit of on-screen buttons other than uniformity of the button layout.

BMX : How would you compare (hypothetically :-) battery life on the DLX to the GNEX? I am not thrilled with the battery life on the GNEX in general. Though it is not quite awful, I was hoping somehow for an improvement. I know you mentioned 8 hours on the DLX, but I also know you probably have it on as much or more than most. Thanks !
    Champion1229 likes this.

I've always enjoyed HTC's hardware, but not Sense. Not anymore. The only way I can enjoy an HTC device now is after AOSP is installed on it. So I'd rather wait and see whether the bootloader can be unlocked, and AOSP availability, then decide whether it'll be worth the investment

Quote Originally Posted by Habiib View Post
    Wow. No talks of any ground specs or features this phone has. If I didn't know any better I'd day to hell with hardware specs. Just build a phone that has a removable battery, SD slot, and on screen keys. It have a 800mhz single core, 640x480 5.8 inch screen, 512 mb RAM, and 5 GB memory spec, but long as you can swap batteries and plop in an SD card..all is forgiven.
    Specs do matter, but some trump all others (depending on personal preference). For me, such is the case regarding user replaceable batteries, at least until battery tech drastically improves.

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

Default HTC DLX first pictures

That is a damn nice looking phone. I wish my Gnex was built like that but with on screen keys. I've always enjoyed HTC's build quality as a previous Dinc owner. Will keep tabs on this phone after some real world testing.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast