Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC DLX/DNA or Note 2?

The note 2 is gigantic. I would get it if I didn't think i would look like an ***** holding it up to my face. On the otherhand it has the stylus, and good battery life, and some other cool features. Its also fast. Its definitely awesome.

It sounds like the DNA will be a beast with the specs, but no stylus. Its still big, but not as big. Big for me is a plus and a minus. Obviously you should wait until they release specs and there are some reviews of the DNA online before you decide.

I know the micro sd slot is an issue for some and not for others. Football on twitter stated that the DNA will not have it but the j butterfly page on HTC website states that it comes with one so I'm hoping it will have the micto sd slot if the DNA truly takes after the J Butterfly...

Quote Originally Posted by viskey View Post
    I know the micro sd slot is an issue for some and not for others. Football on twitter stated that the DNA will not have it but the j butterfly page on HTC website states that it comes with one so I'm hoping it will have the micto sd slot if the DNA truly takes after the J Butterfly...
    I tweeted Football about the Micro SD slot just today and he told me the same thing... NO MICRO SD SLOT on the DNA. I seriously, seriously hope he is mistaken.

I was just watching some youtube videos on using a USB OTG Cable with the GS3 and Note 2. This feature is pretty freaking awesome. I don't know if the DNA will be able to do this as well or not, but I can't find much info on the One X being able to do it. If the DNA can't use this technology and doesn't have a micro SD slot... the Note 2 might be my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by reb422 View Post
    I tweeted Football about the Micro SD slot just today and he told me the same thing... NO MICRO SD SLOT on the DNA. I seriously, seriously hope he is mistaken.
    http://www.htc.com/jp/smartphones/htl21/

If you click on the specs tab, it shows micro SD. The DNA is supposed to be almost identical to this. I'm not sure why they would remove the SD card slot. I hope football is wrong too.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

^ they easily could have produced devices with a removable SD slot for the US market. I'm concerned about the battery life for the DNA and it's rumored amazing screen.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obidos View Post
    ^ they easily could have produced devices with a removable SD slot for the US market. I'm concerned about the battery life for the DNA and it's rumored amazing screen.
    Imo this phone needs Atleast a 3300mah battery because that screen is going to suck all the life out of it and its on Verizon so LTE will be a problem too

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    288 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The DNA will be a beast.

Comparing the HTC J Butterfly as a stand in for the DNA vs the GN2, I think the DNA wins for me.

They both employ big screens, but the DNA will be much less wider than the GN2 and shorter while still having a large screen. And the screen on the DNA.... Full HD! 1080p!

This screen will use the SLCD3 tech which if simliar to the SLCD 2, will guarentee to be a pleasure to use.

The battery life will be a mild issue, but I'm buying a Mophie Juice Pack to counteract that for when I'm on the go.

Hopefully it won't be long before we have a Jelly Bean ROM ready for this device.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

^ I never thought about those portable charging packs. Thanks for the tip.

I think I'll have to wait till the DNA is out for a bit to see what the battery life is with real world use.

Quote Originally Posted by Linebarrel86 View Post
    They both employ big screens, but the DNA will be much less wider than the GN2 and shorter while still having a large screen. And the screen on the DNA.... Full HD! 1080p!
    The wide screen is actually what I prefer. Don't plan to watch movies or television on my phone (got a TV for that ;-)), but I do appreciate having more room for my thumbs to type. That was one of the things I loved about the Thunderbolt, coming from the Eris - more room.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

Okay so yes the battery on the DNA is smaller but I've read that the super lcd 3 is just great with battery and it won't drain battery as fast also the snapdragon s4 pro is also said to be very battery efficient so HTC may know what they're doing with only choosing a 2500 mah battery IMO

Sent from my EVO LTE

People buy iPhone cases because of either glass on both sides or it's a really cool case. And what are you talking about the S4 PRO blows the Exynos that's in the Note 2 out of the water. Just look at comparisons with the LG Optimus G. And that phone has unrefined software. And some people still say the S Pen is a gimmick. It is still not as good as writing on actual paper. And they are not using a SLCD2 panel for the DNA your wrong. It'sa SLCD3panel which is said to have 2.5 times better power consumption than the SLCD2 . And the DNA is water resistant or said as water proof so I think that is more useful than an S Pen. You can just use any regular old stylus.

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICE CREAM SAMMICH!

Quote Originally Posted by blitz118 View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about an international version or is it exclusive to Verizon US only?
    The international version is the HTC J Butterfly

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

and now it comes down to real world battery usage:

HTC Droid DNA specs | Android Central

Curious as to what's lurking inside HTC and Verizon's new Droid DNA smartphone? Wonder no more. Here's the full HTC Droid DNA spec list --

Camera: 8MP, f/2.0, 28mm wide angle lens, smart LTE flash, BSI sensor, autofocus, HTC ImageChip and 1080p HD video recorder; 2.1MP front-facing camera with BSI sensor and 1080p video recorder.
    Display: 5-inch HD 1080p Super LCD 3 screen (1920x1080); 440PPI
    Processor: 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 APQ8064 and MDM9615m
    Memory: 16GB eMMC, (11GB usable storage), 2 GB RAM
    Battery: 2020mAh lithium ion - embedded
    Network Technology: 4G LTE, CDMA, Quad GSM, Quad UMTS
    Wifi: 802.11 a/b/g/n
    Dimensions: 141 x 70.5 x 9.73 mm
    Weight: 138 grams / 4.86 ounces
    Additional features: NFC, HDMI via MHL, HTML5, Bluetooth 4.0 aptX, microUSB, microSIM, headset and speaker amplifiers, 3.5mm 2.55v stereo audio jack, dual microphone noise cancellation, embedded wireless charging, G-sensor, ambient light sensor, digital compass, proximity sensor, gyro sensor.

if the battery proves to last at LEAST a day with normal usage then this is my next device!

I just can't see that happening with a 2020mah battery. Guess HTC will never learn.

11Gb of usable memory = useless
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Quote Originally Posted by JWatson4701 View Post
    11Gb of usable memory = useless
    how is this useless? looking at my TBolt stats:

SD card:
    29.71GB Total space
    24.02GB Available space

Internal:
    1.52 Available space

I have more than I need on my phone and still have lots of space left. Do you have a lot of movies on your current device?

just trying to understand if 11GB really is not enough for most users.

I am a Spotify Premium user and I use it to its fullest; I have 16Gb of music alone on my TBolt. Throw in a few videos and a couple hundred pictures and it starts to add up. 11GB will be plenty for many, but just not for me. Don't get me wrong, this is going to be a great phone to the right user, but sadly I don't fit in the group.

I think the reviewers will confirm that the battery is big enough. I have had a Droid DNA for a couple of days, and, I easily make it through the day with normal usage. If you are comparing the DNA to the GN2 (I have a Galaxy Note on hand), I think it like comparing a big phone to a mini-tablet.

I was bummed about the lack of a sd card slot, but, there are some un-elegant solutions available. see Amazon.com: SANOXY Micro USB Host Mode OTG Cable Flash Drive SD T-Flash Card Adapter FOR Samsung GT-i9100 i9100 Galaxy S II 2 GT-N7000 Galaxy Note: Cell Phones & Accessories

I got one, but, I haven't tried it, yet.

ROM
    Das BAMF 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by obidos View Post
    how is this useless? looking at my TBolt stats:

SD card:
    29.71GB Total space
    24.02GB Available space

Internal:
    1.52 Available space

I have more than I need on my phone and still have lots of space left. Do you have a lot of movies on your current device?

just trying to understand if 11GB really is not enough for most users.
    My Tbolt:
    SD Avail - 1.01 GB
    Phone Avail - 0.77 GB

DNA with 11 GB is definetly an issue for me, lack of MicroSD slot would be a no-go for me.

I dont see how people on a 2gb shared data plan can use this phone without upping their data plan. Which is exactly why Verizon ordered the phone without an microSD slot.
    Jocelyn84 likes this.

Battery: 2020mAh lithium ion - embedded
    This is a deal breaker for me. I would accept a low 2000 mah battery if I could swap it not if its embedded. There is no excuse for this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Quote Originally Posted by bellken View Post
    I was bummed about the lack of a sd card slot, but, there are some un-elegant solutions available. see Amazon.com: SANOXY Micro USB Host Mode OTG Cable Flash Drive SD T-Flash Card Adapter FOR Samsung GT-i9100 i9100 Galaxy S II 2 GT-N7000 Galaxy Note: Cell Phones & Accessories

I got one, but, I haven't tried it, yet.
    thanks bellken! I could get by with one of those adapters so I wouldn't have to use the data for the cloud. now it just comes down to battery life in the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by blessedred View Post
    . It'sa SLCD3panel which is said to have 2.5 times better power consumption than the SLCD2 .
    I've seen this quote a few times, but could not find anymore information. Is there a link to where the benefits of SLCD3 are listed?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast