battery life

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I've heard all of those. To me, it sounds like HTC put a good combination of hardware in it to where the battery life would be pretty good.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
It's the little things like this as to why Samsung is pounding HTC right now, they just don't seem to get it. They have the worst battery life out of most Android phones, if not all, yet they refuse to include bigger batteries. Motorola learned with the Razor, and Samsung learned by putting a 3100 mah battery in the note 2. And they're talking about a 2100 mah battery with a 5 inch screen..with their software that already has bad battery life as is. Good grief they must not want to be competitive anymore.

CrotchBat

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
2020 is what the J Butterfly has, right? Methinks they're just copying specs line for line there. I expect 2500, don't think I'll be disappointed.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Honestly as long as the battery can last me 8-12 hours I will be happy! Right now I am lucky to get 4-8 with the Droid Razr even after I rooted it and loaded up a custom JB rom (which about doubled the life of the battery from 3-4 hours to 4-8 hours.). Most of the software on HTC phones I thought could be almost all the way hidden and put out of the way (Apex launcher, PowerAmp music player, etc)?

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
non removable battery=major fail!!!! good luck to those that choose to buy it. i simply cannot believe HTC, of all manufacturers, would put a non removable battery in place. they have historically had the worst battery life of any manufacture. looking at their financials, this is the last hoorah, seems like they could have at least matched the maxx. it makes no sense. (pun) 8 hours is a joke! 12 hours is somewhat acceptable, but i think it is a dream to think that it will get that.

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I believe even with a custom launcher all the sense service still run in the background, not unless your able to disable them like on the nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
HTC is quickly becoming a joke among the big manufacturers. I doubt LG would be dumb enough to put in 2100-2500 mAh battery in a 5 incher. This phone was destined to be better then the Note 2, but the combo of a weak battery and less optimization for the bigger screen (like the Note 2 has), It'll be a joke. Not to mention I wont come to many other Carriers.

Appogee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
HTC has gone down the drain. Not only sticking terrible batteries in phones but making them non-removable... HTCs build quality is what i llove but... there making some big design mistakes like Battery life...

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Wow. All the hyperbole here, jeez. Maybe, just maybe, we should actually SEE how much battery life this phone gets before complaining about it? Just a thought ...

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
That's interesting since LG in the past years had lagged significantly... just shows things always change.. and as end users we hope for the better

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Dumb question....since I'm still rocking the OG DINC and never had a phone with a non-removable battery. What happens when the battery won't hold a charge any more? Can it be replaced? I'm already on the third battery for my DINC.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I get about 2.5 hrs on screen on my note with the 2500mah battery. That's about 1/3 of the time on wifi. If I am all on hspa+ I get about 2 hours of screen on time. I hope this battery is at least a 3000mah or else battery life won't be that great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I get about 2.5 hrs on screen on my note with the 2500mah battery. That's about 1/3 of the time on wifi. If I am all on hspa+ I get about 2 hours of screen on time. I hope this battery is at least a 3000mah or else battery life won't be that great

OMG that is terrible.

Debating whether to wait for a review of the DNA or to Pre-order. It has everything I want except a replaceable battery. Glad I heard about it b4 I ordered the Note II.... Though that is the one advantage it has over the DNA --- but the screen on the DNA is the thing that will probably make me get it.

Unless some other leaks come out, I guess we won't know for sure if it will have 2500mah or 2020mah. Either way, I would like to see more, or just make the back cover removable (not going to happen I know).

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
OMG that is terrible.

Debating whether to wait for a review of the DNA or to Pre-order. It has everything I want except a replaceable battery. Glad I heard about it b4 I ordered the Note II.... Though that is the one advantage it has over the DNA --- but the screen on the DNA is the thing that will probably make me get it.

Unless some other leaks come out, I guess we won't know for sure if it will have 2500mah or 2020mah. Either way, I would like to see more, or just make the back cover removable (not going to happen I know).

Its about the same screen on time I've gotten with my last couple androids which were the gnex,razr, and GS2. I could get around 2-3 hours on screen with auto brightness and on 3g the whole time

apcman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I like 4g but not married to it. And I don't mind toggling it. How would the battery life be iF it was just running on 3G instead of lte? Would that make it much better because the galaxy nexus on 3G still had horrible battery life.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I like 4g but not married to it. And I don't mind toggling it. How would the battery life be iF it was just running on 3G instead of lte? Would that make it much better because the galaxy nexus on 3G still had horrible battery life.

YES, Being a owner of a Tbolt that has LTE I find turning it off and running 3x save alot of battery, when in LTE mode (within signal) it uses more
Since we have battery issues with tbolts I rarely run LTE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles