Beats Audio...

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody used an HTC phone that has Beats audio and is there much difference besides added bass? AND... I've read that the HTC 8X windows phone has built in sound amplifiers that make the speaker a lot louder... any speculation on if the DNA will have them built in as well? I couldn't have been more disappointed in my T-Bolt speaker's volume... I thought it would be great since the speaker grill is huge but not so much.

Duane Kay

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the HTC Rezound with Beats Audio and Beats Earbuds. They are great. Better than other earbuds I've used. I'm a solid HTC backer because of inclusion of Beats and the user interface. I'm looking forward to upgrading to the DNA.

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The Beats headphones themselves are garbage, and way overpriced. I was very skeptical of the whole Beats enhancements at first, but my latest phone has it, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It's not just added bass like most people think. It really brings out the good in a lot of music. I'm using a nice pair of Sennheiser studio buds.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The Beats headphones themselves are garbage, and way overpriced. I was very skeptical of the whole Beats enhancements at first, but my latest phone has it, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It's not just added bass like most people think. It really brings out the good in a lot of music. I'm using a nice pair of Sennheiser studio buds.

Beats is not much better than what you get with the SRS or Dolby Enhancements in high end Samsung phones, for example, and Samsung tends to use superior audio chips in their devices. The Beats headsets certainly aren't worth what they charge for them. They're cute, though. I like red.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have beats on my epic and it does make the music sound not just louder but clear too

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

seeingwhite

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody used an HTC phone that has Beats audio and is there much difference besides added bass? AND... I've read that the HTC 8X windows phone has built in sound amplifiers that make the speaker a lot louder... any speculation on if the DNA will have them built in as well? I couldn't have been more disappointed in my T-Bolt speaker's volume... I thought it would be great since the speaker grill is huge but not so much.
The hardware output amplifiers are the bigger deal here, not so much the beats audio sound "optimizations".

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The beats headsets for the 2013 year are out and now that they aren't owned by monster they are great. Monster ruined the headsets for beats. Beats is now on its own and they seem to have gotten a makeover. The build quality is better than before and the new sound enhancement put into HTC phones sound great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Give me poweramp any day.
Tried beats headphones. Not crisp enough for rock imho so I went cheaper and got noontecs.
arriving tomorrow but can't open till santa comes.

Why would you guys think beats is better off without monster?
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah poweramp is a good player and a side note I LOVE CM10 this my first time flashing it and its love to the sgs2 GPS finally works this seems to good to be just a text version

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Yes, the DNA has two amplifiers, one for the headphones and one for the external speaker.

Quote from the Engadget piece: "HTC continues to highlight its audio prowess, as the DNA takes advantage of Beats Audio and a 2.55v built-in headset amplifier and dedicated rear speaker amp, which is geared to offer minimal distortion at maximum volume; in terms of how much multimedia you can throw on the phone, however, it comes with 16GB internal storage and no microSD slot."

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
i've heard that its 2 amps not one. i dont remember which review said it because i've watched basically all of them but im pretty sure i've heard 2 more than a couple times.

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank You JHBThree. I'm guessing it probably has a Qualcomm WCD9310 after seeing your reply, but I'm hoping they put something a little better and newer into the DNA. Mind you, this is coming from someone who generally picks their phones based on the scientific audio quality and would swap my GNII for a DNA if the dac/audio turned out to perform better. I can't be bothered carrying around a portable usb amp in addition to the phone, so here's to hoping HTC has/had something up their sleeve with the audio hardware :)

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Does DNA have pre amps or amps? I know audiophiles would love to have a device that plays FLAC and has a pre amp...
Also do I have to turn on that crappy Beats Moniker on, or I'm getting the same amped source without it as well?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34