Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Beats Audio...

Has anybody used an HTC phone that has Beats audio and is there much difference besides added bass? AND... I've read that the HTC 8X windows phone has built in sound amplifiers that make the speaker a lot louder... any speculation on if the DNA will have them built in as well? I couldn't have been more disappointed in my T-Bolt speaker's volume... I thought it would be great since the speaker grill is huge but not so much.

Default Re: Beats Audio...

I would like to know this as well.....

I've been using the HTC Rezound with Beats Audio and Beats Earbuds. They are great. Better than other earbuds I've used. I'm a solid HTC backer because of inclusion of Beats and the user interface. I'm looking forward to upgrading to the DNA.

The Beats headphones themselves are garbage, and way overpriced. I was very skeptical of the whole Beats enhancements at first, but my latest phone has it, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It's not just added bass like most people think. It really brings out the good in a lot of music. I'm using a nice pair of Sennheiser studio buds.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,413 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Quote Originally Posted by sitlet View Post
    The Beats headphones themselves are garbage, and way overpriced. I was very skeptical of the whole Beats enhancements at first, but my latest phone has it, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It's not just added bass like most people think. It really brings out the good in a lot of music. I'm using a nice pair of Sennheiser studio buds.
    Beats is not much better than what you get with the SRS or Dolby Enhancements in high end Samsung phones, for example, and Samsung tends to use superior audio chips in their devices. The Beats headsets certainly aren't worth what they charge for them. They're cute, though. I like red.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

I have beats on my epic and it does make the music sound not just louder but clear too

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by reb422 View Post
    Has anybody used an HTC phone that has Beats audio and is there much difference besides added bass? AND... I've read that the HTC 8X windows phone has built in sound amplifiers that make the speaker a lot louder... any speculation on if the DNA will have them built in as well? I couldn't have been more disappointed in my T-Bolt speaker's volume... I thought it would be great since the speaker grill is huge but not so much.
    The hardware output amplifiers are the bigger deal here, not so much the beats audio sound "optimizations".

Quote Originally Posted by seeingwhite View Post
    The hardware output amplifiers are the bigger deal here, not so much the beats audio sound "optimizations".
    Can you explain how these amplifiers are implemented ?

I've got a OneX, and I use Shure ear buds. The Beats implementation works great and sounds great.

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

The beats headsets for the 2013 year are out and now that they aren't owned by monster they are great. Monster ruined the headsets for beats. Beats is now on its own and they seem to have gotten a makeover. The build quality is better than before and the new sound enhancement put into HTC phones sound great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    BotMaster likes this.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,033 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Give me poweramp any day.
    Tried beats headphones. Not crisp enough for rock imho so I went cheaper and got noontecs.
    arriving tomorrow but can't open till santa comes.

Why would you guys think beats is better off without monster?
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Yeah poweramp is a good player and a side note I LOVE CM10 this my first time flashing it and its love to the sgs2 GPS finally works this seems to good to be just a text version

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Sorry for hijacking lol

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reb422 View Post
    Yes, the DNA has two amplifiers, one for the headphones and one for the external speaker.

Quote from the Engadget piece: "HTC continues to highlight its audio prowess, as the DNA takes advantage of Beats Audio and a 2.55v built-in headset amplifier and dedicated rear speaker amp, which is geared to offer minimal distortion at maximum volume; in terms of how much multimedia you can throw on the phone, however, it comes with 16GB internal storage and no microSD slot."

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICE CREAM SAMMICH!

i've heard that its 2 amps not one. i dont remember which review said it because i've watched basically all of them but im pretty sure i've heard 2 more than a couple times.

Anyone know which DAC it's using?

Default Beats Audio...

Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn84 View Post
    Anyone know which DAC it's using?
    It's using a Qualcomm one, iirc.
    Thanked by:

Thank You JHBThree. I'm guessing it probably has a Qualcomm WCD9310 after seeing your reply, but I'm hoping they put something a little better and newer into the DNA. Mind you, this is coming from someone who generally picks their phones based on the scientific audio quality and would swap my GNII for a DNA if the dac/audio turned out to perform better. I can't be bothered carrying around a portable usb amp in addition to the phone, so here's to hoping HTC has/had something up their sleeve with the audio hardware

Does DNA have pre amps or amps? I know audiophiles would love to have a device that plays FLAC and has a pre amp...
    Also do I have to turn on that crappy Beats Moniker on, or I'm getting the same amped source without it as well?
    T-Mobile 4G LTE

Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    Does DNA have pre amps or amps? I know audiophiles would love to have a device that plays FLAC and has a pre amp...
    Also do I have to turn on that crappy Beats Moniker on, or I'm getting the same amped source without it as well?
    Audiophiles would likely not be listening to music on their phone in the first place.. I don't believe the phone has a dedicated Line Out.
    Personally, I use an iPod with ALAC out of convenience, via its line out, feeding into my own portable amp, into whatever headphones I decide to bring with me.

I've never been a fan of Beats anything, though.

Most of the data was on Voltage output, most phone today have less that 1v. The headphone out is 2.5(5) so in regards to amps
    i=v/r (ohms law) with 4ohm headphones you'd have .625 with 8ohm headphones .3125a / 1V normal phone with 4ohm .25a
    ok enough with the math, that said I believe this will provide higher volumes with less distortion (audio goal) but it will still all rely on
    the quality of headphones plugged.

Quote Originally Posted by jamdmyers View Post
    Most of the data was on Voltage output, most phone today have less that 1v. The headphone out is 2.5(5) so in regards to amps
    i=v/r (ohms law) with 4ohm headphones you'd have .625 with 8ohm headphones .3125a / 1V normal phone with 4ohm .25a
    ok enough with the math, that said I believe this will provide higher volumes with less distortion (audio goal) but it will still all rely on
    the quality of headphones plugged.
    I'm plugging my UE18's custom ears, but I'm kinda worried because a few months ago beats feature completely destroyed my right low driver using One X. Had to send them for repair. Luckily the folks in Irvine, CA really go above and beyond to take care of their customers.
    I'm kinda hesitant of this. If I can get completely flat response for my FLACs, and all that with 2.55v I may be a happy camper.
    T-Mobile 4G LTE

Any info yet on the clarity of the built-in speaker. This has long been a weak point of most phones. Say what you want about the iphone but I have to say that their built-in speakers are pretty amazing -- providing good volume and clarity. I'm hoping the DNA is as good or possibly even better.

Anyone have any feedback on this?
    Thanked by:
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ter#AC View Post
    Beats is not much better than what you get with the SRS or Dolby Enhancements in high end Samsung phones, for example, and Samsung tends to use superior audio chips in their devices. The Beats headsets certainly aren't worth what they charge for them. They're cute, though. I like red.
    HTC also has the dolby srs enhancements,i use i use it on my rezound,with player pro,and bluetooth headsets.
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast