Charger with Purchase of a HTC phone

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Some time ago I read that HTC in the move to being Green was going to not ship phones with chargers.
I haven't gotten a phone for 2 years and am looking at the DNA, just curious is this was the case and do they
provide specs of what a charger spec should be for a specific phone since many chargers have various
output rates.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I've never heard anything like that. I'm sure it'll be coming with a charger. They would be crazy to not ship it with one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
So I googled it and there is some stuff going on over seas,

26 September 2012 0:01 GMT / By Danny Brogan
O2 and HTC will begin selling a new, as yet unannounced, phone before the end of the year without a charger in the box as part of a pilot scheme to reduce the number of ?wasted? chargers in circulation.

O2 and HTC to sell phone without a charger, in deliberate ploy to be more green - Pocket-lint

But I though I read something about HTC in general... Alex What's going on ??

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I've never seen that, but I don't expect it'll catch on unless they lower the price of the phone and it probably won't then either. I have like 5 or 6 chargers and I use them all and would still want my phone to come with one. Just put them in different places and never have to move them around. I don't see Verizon signing off on that though so I think we're safe with the DNA.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

seeingwhite

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Some time ago I read that HTC in the move to being Green was going to not ship phones with chargers.
I haven't gotten a phone for 2 years and am looking at the DNA, just curious is this was the case and do they
provide specs of what a charger spec should be for a specific phone since many chargers have various
output rates.

Don't have to worry about it with the DNA. Someone asked Phil in another thread and he said there is a charger in the box:
Originally Posted by Ry
What's in the box?
Charger, MicroUSB cable. SIM poker thing.

Angie Long1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I saw this on verizon wireless website today "With wireless charging support all you have to do is plug in your charging pad and simply drop and charge your Droid DNA by HTC" WTF???

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I saw this on verizon wireless website today "With wireless charging support all you have to do is plug in your charging pad and simply drop and charge your Droid DNA by HTC" WTF???

Why is this shocking to you? There are other phones that support this functionality already.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why there is surprise here. The phone will not ship with a charger as due to new technologies it will not require a charge for at least 2 years at which time, Verizon will offer a one time charge up of your phone for $300.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why there is surprise here. The phone will not ship with a charger as due to new technologies it will not require a charge for at least 2 years at which time, Verizon will offer a one time charge up of your phone for $300.

lolwut?

Imacellist

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I know they stopped shipping beats headphones (or headphones at all) to save money. Never heard anything about chargers. The unboxing shows there is a charger, so don't worry.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae