Rooting HTC devices: How hard is it?

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I've only ever rooted my Galaxy Nexus and I used the Wug Toolkit One click method. It was extremely easy using this method.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any One Click methods for rooting HTC devices, especially considering that I'm going to be getting the Droid DNA. Or, is there anyone who could point me in the right direction for rooting an HTC device?

Thanks.

Appogee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I've only ever rooted my Galaxy Nexus and I used the Wug Toolkit One click method. It was extremely easy using this method.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any One Click methods for rooting HTC devices, especially considering that I'm going to be getting the Droid DNA. Or, is there anyone who could point me in the right direction for rooting an HTC device?

Thanks.

Personally I've never had troubles with rooting HTC phones. I've only owned two, one was the G2 so as you could imagine that was pretty easy. The second was the MyTouch 4G Slide or the HTC Doubleshot. Both were fairly easy, though it's dependent on the person. With the Doubleshot I had a little easier job since mine was already on S-OFF so I just had to flash the custom recovery and be done with it. Sorry I wasn't very descriptive, it's been awhile since I've had to root, but in my very slight memory I don't remember having troubles.

Hard to say about methods for the DNA/DLX, should be fairly simple though. Depends on the amount of development over the DLX.

undertow82

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the HTC Thunderbolt and iirc it was pretty easy once the devs figured out how to crack it. Now it has several one click tools. I hope the development for the DNA will be as good as it was for the Thunderbolt.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums