Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Default Pre-Order

They said this beast of a phone was available for pre-order today..where can we pre-order it at?

Default Re: Pre-Order

Did you check Verizon's website? I won't be pre ordering but I'll be at the store on launch day haha

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

My upgrade eligible date is Nov 19. I called Verizon and cannot move my date up. I want to preorder today. Any ideas how to get around paying full retail?

Quote Originally Posted by bad1550 View Post
    My upgrade eligible date is Nov 19. I called Verizon and cannot move my date up. I want to preorder today. Any ideas how to get around paying full retail?
    You might try calling again. In my experience, Verizon has moved my date up by 3-4 weeks w/o much problem. You might call and see if you get a different result with a different rep.

HOWEVER, the last time I did that was right before the shared data went into effect, and although VZW moved my upgrade date (about 3 weeks), I was unable to get in on the pre-order for the SIII, so I had to settle for a galaxy nexus. VZW claimed that although the upgrade date was moved, the pre-orders were handled differently by their system, and I was unable to order the SIII.

So, your other option is to wait until Monday to pre-order.

FYI, I pre-ordered the DNA this morning, and my ship date is supposedly the 19th, w/ overnight shipping so it should arrive on the release date.

I just pre-ordered mine. It's up on the Verizon site, or you can call and order over the phone. As you go through the pre-order process online, you'll get to a page that has accessories. Right now it's fairly limited selection - a few silicone cases, a plastic case with kickstand and a leather pouch. Otherwise nothing else specific for the DNA (dock, wireless charger, etc.)

Just a note regarding keeping your unlimited data. If you have multiple lines on your account, you can use the upgrade from a different line (that doesn't have unlimited data) to get the phone at the discounted price, and then just switch it over to your unlimited line. That's what I'm doing. We have 3 lines on our account, and mine is the only one that has unlimited data, so I'm using the upgrade from another line, but will activate the phone under my unlimited number.
    akira751 likes this.

Hey guys, question for ya. I never pre-ordered a phone. If we pre-order, will we actually get it the day it hits stores (21st) or is it better to just go buy it in the store? What are people thinking about the demand?

I have pre ordered two phones galaxy nexus and s3. In both of my experiences I wither got my phones afternoon or a day after release either way it was killing me waiting. I'm getting the note 2 but happened to be browsing this section. I'll walk in and get the note just in the morning time. Hope I could help. P. S it also depends on shipping and demand I've heard of people getting the phones early too

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by thirsty1258 View Post
    I have pre ordered two phones galaxy nexus and s3. In both of my experiences I wither got my phones afternoon or a day after release either way it was killing me waiting. I'm getting the note 2 but happened to be browsing this section. I'll walk in and get the note just in the morning time. Hope I could help. P. S it also depends on shipping and demand I've heard of people getting the phones early too

Thanks, I called my closest Verizon store and they are holding one for me for Wednesday....I think this is the best route to go.

ROM
    CM10

My preorder page says shipping on the 19th. I've gotten all but 1 preorder from VZ the next day. If that holds I would have mine a day early. If not I'll have it the day it's in stores. Considering there's a good number of them already out there, Verizon doesn't seem to be keeping as closed a lid on it as they tend to.

Hmm...my upgrade is on 11/16. Will that be EST or PST? I can't wait!!!!!

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JCIV View Post
    Hmm...my upgrade is on 11/16. Will that be EST or PST? I can't wait!!!!!
    I have same question - my upgrade is 19th - can I call and preorder midnight EST - NY

Thx

I have same question - my upgrade is 19th - can I call and preorder midnight EST - NY

Thx
    I called and they moved my upgrade up a few days. Just be nice when you call.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Why would you want to preorder it when you can wait a few days, if that long, for Amazon to offer a cheaper price and then have Best Buy match it?

Thx
    At 9PM PST MyVerizon page still said "upgrade available 11/16", but when I clicked "upgrade my device", it showed the discount pricing page

When I tried to add it to the cart, though, it came up at full price

Called VZ, she had same thing happen. Must be a weird glitch between time zones.

To answer your question, I don't know

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by akira751 View Post
    I called and they moved my upgrade up a few days. Just be nice when you call.
    Thank you - I just called and my upgrade date was moved up and I pre-ordered!

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Why are you all throwing your money away and paying Verizon's price?

ROM
    CM10

Noticed just now I was charged for my order. No longer under preorder status, awaiting tracking number....

Global Posts
    1,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by zepfloyd View Post
    Noticed just now I was charged for my order. No longer under preorder status, awaiting tracking number....
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    Why would you want to preorder it when you can wait a few days, if that long, for Amazon to offer a cheaper price and then have Best Buy match it?
    I didn't think best buy matches non brick-and-mortar stores. Have they always done this or is this a policy change?

Wirefly has it for 150.00 pre order,i purchased my rezound from them,with no issues last December,and a lot cheaper then Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by lou61166 View Post
    Wirefly has it for 150.00 pre order,i purchased my rezound from them,with no issues last December,and a lot cheaper then Verizon.
    I can get the same price through Verizon because of their New every 2, but I'm going to hold out just a bit longer to order. Maybe amazon will do a penny black Friday sale.... One can only hope

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by preferiti View Post
    I didn't think best buy matches non brick-and-mortar stores. Have they always done this or is this a policy change?
    Yes, it is a policy change that took effect in early October. Plenty of people, including me, have reported success doing it, like199 for the razr maxx HD. For more information, Google it.
    Thanked by:

Default Pre-Order

Yes, it is a policy change that took effect in early October. Plenty of people, including me, have reported success doing it, like199 for the razr maxx HD. For more information, Google it.
    Again, it is at the discretion of management for on contract prices.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Why are you being so stubborn about an option that can save people significant money? From

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?
    Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

Effective Date: October 7, 2012

Default Pre-Order

Why are you being so stubborn about an option that can save people significant money? From

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?
    Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

Effective Date: October 7, 2012
    I am making it clear for people here that mobile phones are not covered by that policy, and that any price match is at management discretion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast