Wait and SEE with 2020 mah battery

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I think we'd all hoped for 2500 mah battery, coming in short is a bit disappointing, I was stoked for getting this phone and was up in the air
but after my tbolt issues and not having a removable battery I'm NOT going though this 2 more years.

Granted it's a beast and the new tech is less power consuming, I just suspect sales will lag because I (and others) will wait now to see how
the battery/phone fairs. But as device buyers something like this is enough to nudge folks right over to the note2..
I want to buy by the end of the month, so we'll see..

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm not really all that worried. The battery will have to be put through REAL WORLD usage tests before anyone who hasn't even touched the phone can claim anything. Will it last as long as the note 2? Probably not. Will it get you through a whole day? Let's find out!

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I think we'd all hoped for 2500 mah battery, coming in short is a bit disappointing, I was stoked for getting this phone and was up in the air
but after my tbolt issues and not having a removable battery I'm NOT going though this 2 more years.

Granted it's a beast and the new tech is less power consuming, I just suspect sales will lag because I (and others) will wait now to see how
the battery/phone fairs. But as device buyers something like this is enough to nudge folks right over to the note2..
I want to buy by the end of the month, so we'll see..

Alot of people are stuck on removable batteries (I was), and, expandable storage ( I may still be), but, I think once the reviews are out, it will not be such a big deal. The DNA has enough juice to make it through the day. Coming from a Rezound, it is darn tough not plug into a power source when the battery drops below 40%, but, the DNA lasts just fine.

nimrodity

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The battery just is too small.
Just think of the nexus 4,same cpu,smaller and less dense screen but slightly bigger battery....and the nexus 4 hasnt a battery life that impressive,so the DNA cant have a better one

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
The battery just is too small.
Just think of the nexus 4,same cpu,smaller and less dense screen but slightly bigger battery....and the nexus 4 hasnt a battery life that impressive,so the DNA cant have a better one
Plus the LTE will drain the battery quicker. I was willing to compromise on on not having more storage, but this battery thing is really frustrating.

Its SUCH an amazing phone, off screen buttons, high res, etc...but a small battery and no expandable memory...why!?!?

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
@dreamliner:
My guess, they are gonna follow the iPhone path. Put out a "base" phone and then follow up with an "improved" phone, aka bigger battery, more internal memory and the early adopters will be dropping F bombs like you wouldn't believe. I was waiting for the specs to be confirmed and I don't think my wife and I will be getting the DNA. 11GB usable memory with no SD slot? My head is still spinning on that. I'm gonna wait until someone gets their hands on one to see how it really performs with normal/heavy usage.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I am not concerned as much about the size of the battery than I am with the fact that it's non-removable. There is no excuse for this.

You must be able to remove battery:
for resetting,
for swapping bad batteries,
for swapping dated old batteries,
for adding extending batteries
for changing batteries when they get low, instead of searching like a zombie for a plug in the middle of nowhere.

Sorry, but this phone is now off my list.

StiM_AddiCt

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
If you check the product page it lists usage time for the DNA at 12.8 Hours. If you check the Razr HD it lists usage time at 24 Hours. Doesn't look good!

nimrodity

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
seems like Motorola is the only manufactor who gets it.
Big Batteries and microSD Slot.
1080p screen is great,but what does it matter if the battery cant power it long enough and the storage is to small to do useful stuff with.
Its a shame seeing such great device being wasted with 2 absurdly poor specs.Looks like the OneX will be my last HTC Phone.
SD Slot and at least 2500mah Battery wasnt asked to much i believe

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I am not concerned as much about the size of the battery than I am with the fact that it's non-removable. There is no excuse for this.

for resetting,
for changing batteries when they get low, instead of searching like a zombie for a plug in the middle of nowhere.

After reading Phil's hands on, I was seriously contemplating this phone. But yeah, the batt life I'm afraid will be dismal. I have a vzgnex with the 2100mah extended battery and I am lucky if I get 8 hours with 2 hours onscreen time. So this thing will have 2050mah non removeable? No thanks.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I get between 8 and 12 hours on my Verizon Gnex which is pretty comparable to my other retired device (TBolt, Dinc, Droid2) which I have come to live with. I do have an extra battery for my Gnex and have only used it once when flying to Florida in the last year so not being able to swap batteries won't be a big issue for me. This looks to bada$$ for me not to buy next week :)

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
So is this an ironic thread? :) The title is actually "wait and SEE" what the battery life will be (before complaining about it). There doesn't seem to be much waiting :)

nimrodity

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
no need to wait and see.
HTC cant beat the laws of physics.Look at the OneX slighlty smaller battery which hasnt good battery life.
And no matter how efficient the DNA will be,the battery will drain very quickly just by this awesome but power hungry display.2020mah is lower than Nexus G with similar specs,so take the battery life of the nexus 4 and subtact about 10-20% more for the display...it just CANT be enough to really satisfy someone

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
no need to wait and see.
HTC cant beat the laws of physics.Look at the OneX slighlty smaller battery which hasnt good battery life.
And no matter how efficient the DNA will be,the battery will drain very quickly just by this awesome but power hungry display.2020mah is lower than Nexus G with similar specs,so take the battery life of the nexus 4 and subtact about 10-20% more for the display...it just CANT be enough to really satisfy someone

You may be right. How about wee wait and SEE? :)

nimrodity

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
of course we will wait and see but only because we have no other choice and the device is dead for me anyways because of the laughable 16gb,but thats another story

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
My First entry was really meant to deal with the marketing of the device.
I believe all these concerns will make people 'wait and see' / 'show me then I'll believe you' and won't be rushing out to pre-order or grab them off the shelf.
While we all like 'more power' be it phones or chain saws ;-) there's always a medium.
Personally I think HTC having the $$ issues they are in can not justify retooling the packaging from the J-Butteryfly for another phone
To add a larger battery would have required several physical changes which lead to multi part numbers etc.. inventory and overhead expense for them...
but the public will decide if it was worth the risk.

Appogee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

for resetting,

Exactly what I'm thinking. When flashing roms and incorrectly doing so, the removable battery in my MyTouch 4G Slide has been a life saver/time saver.

However, for those who are not bothered with the battery life but more about the storage, you can always just import the HTC J Butterfly or HTC DLX when it comes out in other markets. The HTC J Butterfly still has LTE Bands but also has the expandable micro SD slot.

Last edited:

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
If you check the product page it lists usage time for the DNA at 12.8 Hours. If you check the Razr HD it lists usage time at 24 Hours. Doesn't look good!

Droid DNA:
Usage Time ? up to 12.8hrs OR
Standby Time ? up to 14.7 days

RAZR HD:
Usage Time ? Up to approx: 24 hours or
Standby Time ? Up to approx: 11.9 days

They're obviously using different calculations for "Usage", otherwise the Standby time would be like 20+ days with the RAZR, not less than the DNA like it shows. I'm not too worried.

a2thejay23

May 16, 2010
Visit site
iphone 5 has less than a 1500mah battery and still gets awesome battery life with LTE..

my point in mentioning this, is its not neccessarily the mah that matters, its how the phone consumes it. CNET's review and a few other peoples personal posts who've had the phone for a little while all say that battery life is pretty good and some say better than S3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc