Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

Quote Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
    but can you really trust gizmodo to be subjective? really?
    Well I liked the fact they show the five phones together for size comparison and color tint but I thought the pixel comparison a little cheesy. They say the note 2 is the worst in comparison but i have played with the note 2 and like the screen.

The Nottinator

I don't think I've seen this asked in the thread yet...how's the haptic feedback and overall vibration? Is it weak or strong?

BTW, this thread has convinced me to cancel my Nexus 4 order and pre-order the DNA. I know I'm giving up the stock Android experience and software upgradeablity, but I have my Nexus 7 for that.

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
    Angry Birds Star Wars doesn't work though (i know, deal breaker)
    No....that sucks. Doesn't it not install or just not work?

How about reading apps like iReader and Kindle?

How is the text? As good as a paperback novel?

Sent from my RaZr HD.

Would someone kindly test the DNA dB signal strength (actual numbers) side-by-side with other phones, e.g. GS3, Razor, etc.?

I currently have a DInc2 and signal strength is not the best.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Sense 4+ / Jelly Bean

I want to know if the DNA has Friend Stream?

I have never had an HTC phone before but when I used play around with my brothers Incredible I liked Friend Stream so much. So much so that I made an account and my first post asking about it.

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

In regards to the battery, it seems like people (and I included myself in this group, initially) are a little too fixated on a number. Specifically, 2020. It seems small for a device of this size, and perhaps it is compared to other large phones. But it's just a single number. The iPhone 5's battery is less than 1500mAh according to iFixit, and yet my wife's Verizon iPhone 5 has robust battery life. Several posters who have the DNA have said the battery life is actually pretty good. If this spec had never been listed, and all we had to go on were real-world battery usage reports and impressions, would we even care that the battery is "only" 2020mAh?

Perhaps it's time to stop fixating on specs and focus on performance before busting out the pitchforks and torches. With that said, both and have already posted reviews. CNET said the battery life was great, PA said it was average for Verizon LTE phones. At the least it's not terrible, and at best it's pretty awesome. So Phil, now that you've had the phone for a few days, any impressions on battery life or will we have to wait for the full review? My pitchfork is calling to me...
    Thanked by 4:
    dsignori, hannsoft, reb422 and 2 others like this.

I am ok with getting 8 hours out of the phone with moderate use. My concern is with the battery lifespan. After a hundred charges/discharges how much life can we expect out of this battery? I don't want to sign a 2 year contract and have the phone a year later with 2 hours of battery life. Like I mentioned before, I am on my third HTC replaceable battery now. What do people with embedded batteries do besides simply upgrading the phone? I have asked around and most tell me they just suffer with poor battery life until they are eligible for an upgrade. Is this a legitimate concern or am I missing something?
    chassum, Fraggle79 and pcuciti like this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,236 Global Posts

Does all the Amazon stuff fundamentally change how you use the phone?
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    In regards to the battery, it seems like people (and I included myself in this group, initially) are a little too fixated on a number. Specifically, 2020. It seems small for a device of this size, and perhaps it is compared to other large phones. But it's just a single number. The iPhone 5's battery is less than 1500mAh according to iFixit, and yet my wife's Verizon iPhone 5 has robust battery life. Several posters who have the DNA have said the battery life is actually pretty good. If this spec had never been listed, and all we had to go on were real-world battery usage reports and impressions, would we even care that the battery is "only" 2020mAh?

Perhaps it's time to stop fixating on specs and focus on performance before busting out the pitchforks and torches. With that said, both and have already posted reviews. CNET said the battery life was great, PA said it was average for Verizon LTE phones. At the least it's not terrible, and at best it's pretty awesome. So Phil, now that you've had the phone for a few days, any impressions on battery life or will we have to wait for the full review? My pitchfork is calling to me...
    This.I was as guilty as anyone. You know what they say when u assume.Haha. Im so fricking excited to buy this phone. Battery was my only question. As long as it wasnt terrible i was gonna buy it. It actually seems like its average or a little bit better than average.

How long does it take to boot up?
    Thanked by 2:

mobiletechreview said it should last a day with no problem

ROM
    Sense 4+ / Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Phoneguy108 View Post
    I am ok with getting 8 hours out of the phone with moderate use. My concern is with the battery lifespan. After a hundred charges/discharges how much life can we expect out of this battery? I don't want to sign a 2 year contract and have the phone a year later with 2 hours of battery life. Like I mentioned before, I am on my third HTC replaceable battery now. What do people with embedded batteries do besides simply upgrading the phone? I have asked around and most tell me they just suffer with poor battery life until they are eligible for an upgrade. Is this a legitimate concern or am I missing something?
    Don't underestimate non-removable batteries. My iPhone 4 from a year and half ago that I gave to a relative is still just as good as it was when I bought it. It outlasts my S3 and the S3's battery is amazing. Additionally, my brother works at Verizon, and he says that with unibody (non-removable) phones, if anything were to go wrong with your phone, the warranty covers it and you just get an entirely new phone; which I am okay with.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Sense 4+ / Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by mdawg64e View Post
    How long does it take to boot up?
    I saw a video (forgot where) and it booted up VERY FAST. I mean stupid fast!
    Thanked by:
    XENOPHOS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoneguy108 View Post
    I don't know, I've had two Blackberries and my current Droid X for two years each, and battery life never seemed to change on any of them.
    Thanked by:

Interesting.....

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Nexus View Post
    Don't underestimate non-removable batteries. My iPhone 4 from a year and half ago that I gave to a relative is still just as good as it was when I bought it. It outlasts my S3 and the S3's battery is amazing. Additionally, my brother works at Verizon, and he says that with unibody (non-removable) phones, if anything were to go wrong with your phone, the warranty covers it and you just get an entirely new phone; which I am okay with.
    I appreciate the info. I would be surprised on getting a new phone though. Carriers like to send you slightly beat up refurbished models.
    Optimus Nexus likes this.

You don't get a new phone after 14 days with Verizon. They send out a factory as new phone once you pass that 14 day return period. I'm unsure how it works if you buy one off contract though, when the warranty and all applies to new vs factory as new. The gripe I have is setting these things up every time you do an exchange and good lord just think if you have call tech support and there holy grail answer is to do a factory reset since there will be no battery pulls to reset the phone.
    I've been very fortunate with my rezound not one issue no calls into tech support. This has been the best android phone I've ever owned.

James
    Thanked by:
    jayce88 likes this.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Do we know if this thing is water proof like the J Butterfly? Was thinking that was the reason for the USB flap.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Just thought I would throw these tests in there for those who have been asking for a comparison between the Nexus4 and the DNA... but obviously take that as you will.

Last edited by cevans9; 11-15-2012 at 03:28 PM.

I saw a video (forgot where) and it booted up VERY FAST. I mean stupid fast!
    I think I saw that same video and it booted up very fast I was surprised

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Android Central Forums

Maybe if they took out the beats amps they could go with a bigger battery and sd storage......

The Nottinator
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot871 View Post
    I think I saw that same video and it booted up very fast I was surprised

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 4:

That's amazing

The Nottinator

Global Posts
    702 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    Let's hear Em!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    how many minutes does the battery last?
    Motorola Droid Maxx
    Phoneguy108 likes this.
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast