Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 586
Like Tree308Likes
  1. #351  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by ulnek View Post
    how many minutes does the battery last?
    Lol

    The Nottinator
    MrVeda and xXBLACKBERRYXx5 like this.
  2. #352  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by ohio2010 View Post
    Holy shiieeettt!!! that was like 5 seconds. Mind=Blown
  3. #353  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Has anyone stated the actual available memory right out of the box? I've seen the number 11.4 but thought that was just an estimate. Can anyone state how much is free right out the box?
  4. #354  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markymark View Post
    LOL...I was gonna ask about this. I was planing on buying the DNA off contract so I could keep my current plan. So the J Butterfly will work on Verizon's LTE network? Anyone know approx cost of buying one and having it imported or if it is even possible?

    I'm also wondering about this?
  5. #355  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    That's gotta be with fastboot on.
    paulmike3 and NightAngel79 like this.
  6. #356  
    h0pe's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Aside from the same questions everyone else has, mainly about the length of battery life on 4G, how do text messages look? I know they're threaded, but are contact pictures also there as well, like how they look on the GNex and the Razr Maxx HD?
  7. #357  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by ohio2010 View Post
    Ok, but that's a brand new phone that's mostly empty. Wish I could flash forward 6 months and see what it looks like then. ;-)

    Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
  8. #358  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by hannsoft View Post
    Ok, but that's a brand new phone that's mostly empty. Wish I could flash forward 6 months and see what it looks like then. ;-)

    Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
    Nonetheless no phone I have ever had boots that fast... even when new... I have had all high end Verizon phones

    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
  9. #359  
    iLLusive's Avatar
    Vzw Staff

    Posts
    420 Posts
    Global Posts
    429 Global Posts

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    It is fast but not that impressive being it obviously on a quick boot on that startup.
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.
  10. #360  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    4-5 sec boot on DNA vs 9-11 sec boot on One X. According to my math thats about twice as fast of a fastboot.
  11. #361  
    iLLusive's Avatar
    Vzw Staff

    Posts
    420 Posts
    Global Posts
    429 Global Posts

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    You're comparing Apples to Oranges friend. HTC One X is not running the beast of Quad Core the DNA is and DNA has an AMAZING GPU on top of that with twice as much ram. So yes it is a comparison but like ton of other post in this thread...it is not fair comparison. This phone is a whole new type of top end so internal parts can only be fairly compared to a few other devices right now. Then you take next to no phones have this quality of a display it is using that sexy new third generation glass.

    Probably also helps loading times when you don't have to check / mount the SD card, but I can't confirm this so maybe someone else can?
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.
  12. #362  
    gskiner's Avatar

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by ace0187420 View Post
    I'm also wondering about this?
    From what I know the LTE frequencies on the butterfly are not compatible with Verizon. Typically with Verizon, if the phone was not made for its network it will not work on it.
  13. #363  
    iLLusive's Avatar
    Vzw Staff

    Posts
    420 Posts
    Global Posts
    429 Global Posts

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Unless you work some magic HTC J should NOT work on Verizon it only has these antenna's, none of which are CMDA or LTE -
    HSPA (unspecified), UMTS, EDGE, GPRS, WiMAX
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.
  14. #364  
    Optimus Nexus's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    ROM
    Sense 4+ / Jelly Bean

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    That's amazing

    The Nottinator
    Quote Originally Posted by ohio2010 View Post
    Awesome find! That is absolutely amazing how fast it starts up.
  15. #365  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,266 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by bellken View Post
    Currently, not apps support the new screen. In some cases, you may need the HD version - Angry Birds Space for example.

    I had a problem with swiftkey3, too, so, I am trying the default keyboard, which, is actually quite nice. The swiftkey3 keyboard disappeared, while trying to set up permissions for the Amazon App store. Switching back to the default keyboard solved the problem.
    Yikes. This is a deal breaker x 10.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  16. #366  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,266 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    No, that's not what it means. It's supposed to help fight against minor dings. But you absolutely can still scratch Gorilla Glass.
    Does that mean you're using a screen protector Phil?

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  17. #367  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,266 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoneguy108 View Post
    I am ok with getting 8 hours out of the phone with moderate use. My concern is with the battery lifespan. After a hundred charges/discharges how much life can we expect out of this battery? I don't want to sign a 2 year contract and have the phone a year later with 2 hours of battery life. Like I mentioned before, I am on my third HTC replaceable battery now. What do people with embedded batteries do besides simply upgrading the phone? I have asked around and most tell me they just suffer with poor battery life until they are eligible for an upgrade. Is this a legitimate concern or am I missing something?
    What irritates me is that we even need to have this discussion. It annoys me that HTC's customers have to even wonder if this top of the line phone can last a full day of heavy use. We all know it is possible to have a battery that lasts longer than this, so I can't help but wonder what kind of blunder head at HTC is making the same decision over and over again to not put in a battery that guarantees customer satisfaction?

    We can talk all day about how an iPhone5 lasts with a small battery, but we all know that Android is different and demands more.

    Sink or swim HTC. If this phone flops you deserve it.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Phoneguy108 likes this.
  18. #368  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by iLLusive View Post
    Unless you work some magic HTC J should NOT work on Verizon it only has these antenna's, none of which are CMDA or LTE -
    With all of what I've seen about the J Butterfly's radios, the J Butterfly is CDMA/GSM/UMTS/GPRS w/ LTE.

    KDDI, the carrier with the J Butterfly release: Japan Mobile Tech: More details on KDDI 4G LTE, iPhone 5 battery, and tethering
    Uses LTE 2100 bands, so... Maybe you get lucky and you have support for 700mhz on the J Butterfly. But... I would be weary... Just wait until an actual global launch.
  19. #369  
    Vladabeast's Avatar

    Posts
    117 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    How does the screen compare to that of the Galaxy note 2 or S3

    Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Phone: LG G2
    Android Version: 4.2.2
    Rom Version: Stock

    Tablet: Motorola Xoom
    Android Version: 4.0.4
    Rom Version: Stock

    Retired: Htc Evo 4G
    Htc Evo 3d
    Samsung Galaxy S3
  20. #370  
    ulnek's Avatar

    Posts
    449 Posts
    Global Posts
    703 Global Posts

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    What irritates me is that we even need to have this discussion. It annoys me that HTC's customers have to even wonder if this top of the line phone can last a full day of heavy use. We all know it is possible to have a battery that lasts longer than this, so I can't help but wonder what kind of blunder head at HTC is making the same decision over and over again to not put in a battery that guarantees customer satisfaction?

    We can talk all day about how an iPhone5 lasts with a small battery, but we all know that Android is different and demands more.

    Sink or swim HTC. If this phone flops you deserve it.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    this is my main gripe exactly. i don't even know what thought process went into putting a small capacity battery on a beast of a phone. they are touting the phone can do this or that and everything in between, but they don't give you the power to do them. only way for the battery to be sufficient is to not use the phone for those things it's being touted for....
    Motorola Droid Maxx
    Thanked by:
  21. #371  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    The reason the Maxx is not selling like hot cakes is because it also misses the mark in other areas like camera and screen quality.

    The DNA is the perfect phone minus the battery.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Just to add, the MaxxHD is very appealing to the corporate world because of its extremely impressive Batt life...I think the numbers on that side of the house will be much better.
    Thanked by:
  22. #372  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    We can talk all day about how an iPhone5 lasts with a small battery, but we all know that Android is different and demands more.
    Just a note here my wife has an iPhone 5 and with her use which I consider light to moderate (normally under 1Gb a month) if she isn't on WiFi her phone barely makes it and days that she does have heavy use she has to charge midday.. (actually I should say she *should* charge midday.. but normally forgets..)


    Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums
  23. #373  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by Vladabeast View Post
    How does the screen compare to that of the Galaxy note 2 or S3

    Sent from my Galaxy S3
    It makes both of them look like toys but that's the only good thing about the DNA lol.

    The Nottinator
  24. #374  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    It makes both of them look like toys but that's the only good thing about the DNA lol.

    The Nottinator
    Oh please.. can we all stop with the hyperbole? Are we a bunch of 12 year-olds here? It is possible to put a bit more thought into responses, which in turn can actually help other users. Statements like "makes both of them look like toys" and "the only good thing" are silly and not particularly helpful. Reports are that the DNA has better call quality and GPS than the Samsungs, is more pocketable than the Note 2, for sure, many like the camera on the DNA better (though that is about a toss up I think), though the DNA has a much better front-facing camera than the Samsungs, etc, etc. The DNA also is probably somewhat faster overall, has better benchmarks, has a faster GPU, etc if you care about that for gaming.. The Samsungs have things going for them too for sure.

    For the folks who actually have both on hand (the DNA and either the S3 or note 2) just about all have preferred the DNA screen. Gizmodo had a knee-jerk "review" of the screens comparing 1 line of text and making a judgement, but if you know Gizmodo, I wouldn't put much stock into anything they "review". In this case, they did deem it better than the Samsungs.

    I have a gnex and am ready for a non-amoled screen to be honest.
    Thanked by 3:
    EggoEspada and karn101 like this.
  25. #375  
    Linebarrel86's Avatar

    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by dsignori View Post
    Oh please.. can we all stop with the hyperbole? Are we a bunch of 12 year-olds here? It is possible to put a bit more thought into responses, which in turn can actually help other users. Statements like "makes both of them look like toys" and "the only good thing" are silly and not particularly helpful. Reports are that the DNA has better call quality and GPS than the Samsungs, is more pocketable than the Note 2, for sure, many like the camera on the DNA better (though that is about a toss up I think), though the DNA has a much better front-facing camera than the Samsungs, etc, etc. The DNA also is probably somewhat faster overall, has better benchmarks, has a faster GPU, etc if you care about that for gaming.. The Samsungs have things going for them too for sure.

    For the folks who actually have both on hand (the DNA and either the S3 or note 2) just about all have preferred the DNA screen. Gizmodo had a knee-jerk "review" of the screens comparing 1 line of text and making a judgement, but if you know Gizmodo, I wouldn't put much stock into anything they "review". In this case, they did deem it better than the Samsungs.

    I have a gnex and am ready for a non-amoled screen to be honest.
    This.

    Each device has its merits. I too am ready for a LCD display. I never noticed until I held Nexus next to a One X how much better the screen was. And also, my screen is starting to show burn in.
    Thanked by:
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.
    By Phil Nickinson in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 1673
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 11:11 PM
  2. You have questions. I have a Droid RAZR. Ask away.
    By Phil Nickinson in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 08-10-2013, 10:59 AM
  3. I've got an HTC One X, you have questions ... FIRE AWAY!
    By Phil Nickinson in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 11:39 PM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 07:54 PM
  5. Replies: 412
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 03:45 PM

Posting Permissions