Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

Ya I would like to know how Phil feels about the battery after the last days. What device would it compare to?

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

This review is just out, seems to be the worst review yet, Oy ... Maybe it was just a bad unit he got, one can only hope ...

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

can you shut off the rear notification LED? the main reason I turn my phone upside down is precisely b/c I don't want to be distracted by the LEDs. Otherwise, why would I risk scratching the screen by putting it face down?

Does the DNA have "Blocking Mode" settings like Samsung phones?

Us*: "So Phil...what's the word on the DNA?"
    Phil's corner* "*Cricket....cricket....cricket...*"

All in good fun.
    Thanked by 2:
    hannsoft, Fraggle79 and FishPharm like this.

ROM
    4.1.1 with Sense 4+

I've heard and read the answer is -- regrettably -- no.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewdlyons View Post
    I've heard and read the answer is -- regrettably -- no.
    Are you sure about that?
    Verizon Droid DNA review | Android Central
    By Phil Nickinson | Nov 21 2012 | 10:15 am

:P

ROM
    4.1.1 with Sense 4+

I should have been more clear. You can turn it off, but only by disabling all notification lights. Kinda sucks that you can opt to have the front light on and disable the rear green light. I look at that back notification light with the same disdain as those blinking blue lights on Bluetooth headsets.

PHHHHHHHHHHHILLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!.........Where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
    *Gasping for air sounds* Can't....make....purchase without your,......final review!!!.....

Quote Originally Posted by matthewdlyons View Post
    I should have been more clear. You can turn it off, but only by disabling all notification lights. Kinda sucks that you can opt to have the front light on and disable the rear green light. I look at that back notification light with the same disdain as those blinking blue lights on Bluetooth headsets.
    Oh, haha, you were responding to a previous post.
    I was confused, because you didn't quote it, so I assumed you were responding to the post directly before yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixone View Post
    PHHHHHHHHHHHILLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!.........Where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
    *Gasping for air sounds* Can't....make....purchase without your,......final review!!!.....
    2 posts up.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkScythe View Post
    2 posts up.
    Oh sweet! Thanks Dark.

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

I have this crazy notification that won't go away. Ill post a pick layer to show. Its annoy af.
    Privacy is overrated :P

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB 0.6.2

Quote Originally Posted by dsignori View Post
    This review is just out, seems to be the worst review yet, Oy ... Maybe it was just a bad unit he got, one can only hope ...

That review was just mean. The note 2 review from then is worse. Like they hate phones..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

My buddy bought the dna yesterday. He has one word to describe it. SICK!!!!!!. I'm waiting for the white version. I'm getting very antsy though. Haha

I hear people talking about storage being a problem, but doesn't Google Drive make up for that? You can store anything in google's cloud. Pics/ Videos always end up taking the most space for me and It's so easy to just put them in google's cloud. You even have an option for certain items to be available offline or stored on the phone.

ROM
    Inc: CM10, DNA: Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinmd View Post
    Does this phone also offer full USB host support like the one x+ ??? The ability to hook up a mass storage device would go a long ways towards solving this 11 gig fiasco :-(
    This has probably already been answered, but yes it does. Just plugged one in and it works.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    See, you (and others) keep saying that as if it'd have no impact on the design of the phone.
    Even if it didn't have a bigger battery, I'd prefer a thicker phone...it's too thin.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by HunterThaKid View Post
    Does it have USB Host support? Like can I plug a OTG cable in and connect a USB drive or keyboard?
    USB Host support, yes. USB drive, yes. Keyboard, yes. Just tried it.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by hannsoft View Post
    Readin' THAT loud and clear .. coupled with the new data plan tiers. Pardon while I go back and thumb through the "keeping unlimited data" thread ....
    I was able to keep my grandfathered unlimited data plan. I was concerned about that as well. So when I walked into the Verizon store to pre-order the phone and finally got my turn to talk to someone, I said...

ME: "I'd like to pre-order the HTC DNA, but first I would like to know about keeping my unlimited data plan. I heard that if I do the upgrade on a different line (like my moms line/number) and then transfer the new phone (upgrade) to my line/number, I get the keep the grandfathered unlimited data plan"
    Verizon Associate/Person/Rep: "I can't tell you that, but if you figured that out on your own, then yes."

Those were her exact words! I have now done just that and can confirm I still have my unlimited data plan!

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by JDStone1 View Post
    I was able to keep my grandfathered unlimited data plan. I was concerned about that as well. So when I walked into the Verizon store to pre-order the phone and finally got my turn to talk to someone, I said...

ME: "I'd like to pre-order the HTC DNA, but first I would like to know about keeping my unlimited data plan. I heard that if I do the upgrade on a different line (like my moms line/number) and then transfer the new phone (upgrade) to my line/number, I get the keep the grandfathered unlimited data plan"
    Verizon Associate/Person/Rep: "I can't tell you that, but if you figured that out on your own, then yes."

Those were her exact words! I have now done just that and can confirm I still have my unlimited data plan!
    I have My unlimited data plan too!!! my last phone i got just under 6 months ago was the Rezound. The way i got the DNA was......by using my Xoom's phone line upgrade that IS OUT SIDE Of my Family plan...
    Vzw Staff

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Just words of warning to anyone who is taking upgrade from a DIFFERENT family/friend members acct that is not on same acct as yourself. You VOID your 1 year warranty so please protect your device with other options.
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by iLLusive View Post
    Just words of warning to anyone who is taking upgrade from a DIFFERENT family/friend members acct that is not on same acct as yourself. You VOID your 1 year warranty so please protect your device with other options.
    Yea, My Rep told me that by Moving my DNA from its Orginal upgrade line to my line does Void the Warranty....BUT AS long as you have Insurance on the Line you ARE MOVING the phone 2 you ARE covered warranty wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iLLusive View Post
    Yea, My Rep told me that by Moving my DNA from its Orginal upgrade line to my line does Void the Warranty....BUT AS long as you have Insurance on the Line you ARE MOVING the phone 2 you ARE covered warranty wise.

Global Posts
    1,278 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have a question in reference to adding new contacts. How do I get it to default to 'Google" instead of "phone"? Can't to seem find a setting anywhere. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by StylinProfilin View Post
    I hear people talking about storage being a problem, but doesn't Google Drive make up for that? You can store anything in google's cloud. Pics/ Videos always end up taking the most space for me and It's so easy to just put them in google's cloud. You even have an option for certain items to be available offline or stored on the phone.
    Sure, but then you're always using data to access that stuff, and you have to have a connection.. so if you happen to be in a place without signal or wifi, what do you do?

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by JDStone1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rfmike View Post
    I have My unlimited data plan too!!! my last phone i got just under 6 months ago was the Rezound. The way i got the DNA was......by using my Xoom's phone line upgrade that IS OUT SIDE Of my Family plan...
    Did you guys have to activate the DNA on the intermediate line first or did you just go straight to activating it on your line when you got it? I've been looking everywhere for the answer to this question but can't get a definitive answer!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 192021222324 LastLast