Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

Quote Originally Posted by rfmike View Post
    Yea, My Rep told me that by Moving my DNA from its Orginal upgrade line to my line does Void the Warranty....BUT AS long as you have Insurance on the Line you ARE MOVING the phone 2 you ARE covered warranty wise.
    this is only true if the two lines are not both under the same account. if the two lines are under the same family plan, then the warranty stays. at least that's what the rep told me yesterday when i got my DNA and did the same thing you described

Quote Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
    I think most of us follow your point.....

I wonder if it could be argued that it's "Restraint of Trade" for Verizon to force HTC to "gimp" their phone so it didn't compete directly with Verizon's more expensive flagship phone, the Razr Maxx HD? (No SD slot, small battery and only 16GB.)
    Hang on... Sounds like you think it has something to do with the DNA competing in sales with another phone. I don't believe that to be the heart of the matter at all. Carriers don't make their money by selling phones, they make their money on your voice/data packages. To that end, I think what's being insinuated is that Verizon had a hand in neutering the on-board storage so that people would be more reliant on streaming and cloud storage, thus potentially increasing their bandwidth and their monthly bills (especially with their new tiered data plans).

I'm up for an upgrade from my TBolt, and I'm having the hardest time deciding between this phone (with its snappy processor, gorgeous screen, but lacking storage and unproven battery), the Note 2 (which has favorable hardware specs but may be too big for my liking, plus TouchWiz blah), and the GS3 (which has the least favorable hardware specs of the three and, again, TouchWiz). Anyone got info on any other viable options coming down the pike for Verizon?
    Last edited by ScottieByNature; 11-23-2012 at 10:09 AM.

I can receive emails, but my DNA does not send. Settings problem?

Thanks anyone

Also, any tips on how to add my "Incredimail Contacts" to my DNA.

Also, I can't find the contacts icon on my DNA

I have a question - how do I transfer music from my iPad (iTunes) to my new Droid DNA?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottieByNature View Post
    Hang on... Sounds like you think it has something to do with the DNA competing in sales with another phone. I don't believe that to be the heart of the matter at all. Carriers don't make their money by selling phones, they make their money on your voice/data packages. To that end, I think what's being insinuated is that Verizon had a hand in neutering the on-board storage so that people would be more reliant on streaming and cloud storage, thus potentially increasing their bandwidth and their monthly bills (especially with their new tiered data plans).

I'm up for an upgrade from my TBolt, and I'm having the hardest time deciding between this phone (with its snappy processor, gorgeous screen, but lacking storage and unproven battery), the Note 2 (which has favorable hardware specs but may be too big for my liking, plus TouchWiz blah), and the GS3 (which has the least favorable hardware specs of the three and, again, TouchWiz). Anyone got info on any other viable options coming down the pike for Verizon?
    To this day I'd still take my gs3 over the dna.

Quad core pro isn't needed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea Cole View Post
    I have a question - how do I transfer music from my iPad (iTunes) to my new Droid DNA?
    I think there is An app called d
    Double twist. I'm 90% sure that's the name. If it is it will work

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Privacy is overrated :P
    badbrad17 likes this.

I bought one today because my Dinc 2 tanked on me yesterday and also to try til the Note2 comes out Thursday however my wife says this will be her new phone.

It is very nice but I can't wait til Thursday.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I'm not liking the user interface on this phone, whether it's sense or jb I don't know, last phone was gb.

Ok, after playing with it some more, it's becoming more usable.

The Nottinator
    Last edited by Markster1; 11-24-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea Cole View Post
    Google Music. Syncs everything wirelessly. I think there is an option for offline as well so that you don't need a network connection to access music.

Hi does the DNA support simultaneous voice and data while on 3g network I know that it works with 4g my question is if it also works while on a 3g network.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmogul25#AC View Post
    Hi does the DNA support simultaneous voice and data while on 3g network I know that it works with 4g my question is if it also works while on a 3g network.
    No it doesn't.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I asked the person in the verizon store if the DNA had hot spot capability. It is necessary for my job. He said that it did. However, I can not seem to even locate how to access it. Any insight here would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Wells View Post
    I asked the person in the verizon store if the DNA had hot spot capability. It is necessary for my job. He said that it did. However, I can not seem to even locate how to access it. Any insight here would be great.
    It is a app - Mobile Hotspot

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by BigMace23 View Post
    Did you guys have to activate the DNA on the intermediate line first or did you just go straight to activating it on your line when you got it? I've been looking everywhere for the answer to this question but can't get a definitive answer!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    I had to activate it on my gmas line first. Then I put my SIMcard in it. Worked like a charm. I also had to reactivate her old phone. She got to keep unlimited data ad well. No activation charge or anything of that nature. (Just my luck/experience)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Privacy is overrated :P

Bought mine Friday. No activation fee and 160 bucks and change out the door.

The Nottinator

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Markster1 View Post
    Bought mine Friday. No activation fee and 160 bucks and change out the door.

The Nottinator
    Was able to get mine with contract pricing and keep my unlimited. I think they screwed up, but I am not complaining.

Thread cleaned. The member who started the mess that I just deleted won't be visiting us again, so I don't expect that argument to continue.
    Thanked by 7:
    dsignori likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Thread cleaned. The member who started the mess that I just deleted won't be visiting us again, so I don't expect that argument to continue.
    Thanks! I bet that was actually quite a bit of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingznut View Post
    Thanks! I bet that was actually quite a bit of work.
    It has been quite a busy day :/

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Thanks so much for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    Not awesome: Those same annoying DROOOOOOOOOOOID sounds.
    The DNA IS awesome but a Halloween-worthy scream has been appended to the DROID start-up sound. They should at least allow 2-3 seconds for you to stuff the DNA in a pocket.

how do i download more htc widgets? On my inc2 i was able to but cant seem to find it on dna.

Since this has been out a decent while now enough for some use...has anyone had any lag with the messaging application if you text a lot? I limit my texts to 200 per person and every time I open the messaging app on my Dinc2, I have to wait like 2-3 seconds for it to "update" and realize that I've read new messages and then will switch and bold the name of a person I have new ones from. Really annoying when I just want to quickly answer something! Any of that!?

Newbie here. I emailed myself a photo. How do I make that photo my wallpaper?

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by akadoublej View Post
    Newbie here. I emailed myself a photo. How do I make that photo my wallpaper?
    Save the attachment to your phone then hold your finger down on your screen until the wallpaper pop up comes on. Browse your gallery app and select the photo.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 LastLast