Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

I got my DROID DNA from HTC elevate 4 days ago. So far I am getting 30+ hours battery life and I haven't been able to put phone down.

No Dropbox promotion unfortunately and I would have like to see more on board storage but all in all htc hit a home run with this phone imo
    Thanked by 5:
    moosez3 and xXBLACKBERRYXx5 like this.

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

If these early battery usage reports are accurate, it's obvious that HTC has put in place some pretty aggressive power management (which gives me hope for overall batter life). I'd love to see how the phone fares under a "torture test" though, such as streaming music or video over a cell network for a couple hours.
    moosez3 likes this.

People are so quick to discount the battery life of the DNA. These people show their tech-unsaviness by ignoring advancements in technology. To all of them, I LOL @ you. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by paulmike3 View Post
    People are so quick to discount the battery life of the DNA. These people show their tech-unsaviness by ignoring advancements in technology. To all of them, I LOL @ you. Cheers.
    No kidding. I am much more concerned about the 11GB of usable storage.
    Thanked by:
    moosez3 likes this.

Have you had a chance to figure out if the battery is good yet?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Android Central Forums

For those who are saying the have a DNA and the battery life is good can we see some screen shots?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    moosez3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot871 View Post
    Have you had a chance to figure out if the battery is good yet?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Android Central Forums
    Battery is awesome imo. This is close to being the perfect phone (if such a thing existed)
    Thanked by:
    moosez3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Huggie87 View Post
    For those who are saying the have a DNA and the battery life is good can we see some screen shots?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Trying to attach the pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!-2012-11-12_00-04-03.jpg  

Phil, what version of Sense is it running?

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    ROM
    bugless beast

Phil, Would you recommend this over nexus 4 just based off the hardware?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

Thanks Phil (and other standins) for answering our questions:
    1. Voice and surfing simultaneously, in both 3g and LTE modes
    2 . Call voice / speaker quality ?
    3. There are two sound amps... hows basic from phone music sound ?
    4 . Please open a bunch of apps... browser/games/etc... make a call etc, check multitasking to see how aggressive the power mgmt is
    5. Let's see some pics from the camera
    6. Lets see some short HD Video
    7. ok I asked too many questions..

I'd be buying two of these if we pull the trigger, GF like to have same phone so we can share features we figure out together We are both very different users
    It will be this or the N2
    Vzw Staff

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
    Trying to attach the pic
    To be fair and I think you would agree that you were on WiFi a HUGE amount of time and barely hard the screen on for more then 1 hour so I wouldn't exactly call that active view on battery life. Thanks for giving us a general idea but battery life for most is more relevant when we run on 4G not everyone had ability to sit at WiFi on home / work to save on battery.
    The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.
    Thanked by 3:
    moosez3 and leroybrute like this.

Quote Originally Posted by iLLusive View Post
    To be fair and I think you would agree that you were on WiFi a HUGE amount of time and barely hard the screen on for more then 1 hour so I wouldn't exactly call that active view on battery life. Thanks for giving us a general idea but battery life for most is more relevant when we run on 4G not everyone had ability to sit at WiFi on home / work to save on battery.
    That said, I have a ThunderBolt, which has arguably the worst battery life of any HTC device ever. I'm lucky to get 12 hours sitting on wifi with an hour screen on time. I'd gladly take 25 hours under that same scenario. Would be a major step up for many.
    Thanked by:
    akira751 and moosez3 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by paulmike3 View Post
    That said, I have a ThunderBolt, which has arguably the worst battery life of any HTC device ever. I'm lucky to get 12 hours sitting on wifi with an hour screen on time. I'd gladly take 25 hours under that same scenario. Would be a major step up for many.
    I too have the tbolt, you are in Cleveland prob has great LTE service, how long does it last on lte.. I get maybe 3-4 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by jamdmyers View Post
    I too have the tbolt, you are in Cleveland prob has great LTE service, how long does it last on lte.. I get maybe 3-4 hrs.
    Yeah, I get pretty good LTE all around town. I can get about 8 hours on LTE, with the screen always hogging the most battery. Don't usually get more than an hour screen on time.

Now back to the regularly scheduled DNA convo.

I got my DROID DNA from HTC elevate 4 days ago. So far I am getting 30+ hours battery life and I haven't been able to put phone down.

No Dropbox promotion unfortunately and I would have like to see more on board storage but all in all htc hit a home run with this phone imo
    30+ hours?! wow!

I hope your not pulling our chains. Is your screen brightness on Automatic?
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.

You had it since 4 days? Forgive me if I didn't notice, but did you mention you had the phone on another thread a few days ago? If not, was it some kind of gag order you were under?
    For 30+ hours, were you surfing via WIFI? 3G? 4G? Heavy phone calls? Streaming movies? Or was it very light usage?

Thanks!

For those wondering about the notification LED, this video by CNETTV (youtube.com/watch?v=waaX-5igwXg) shows the back LED flashing (1:36). If it's not a glare, it also looks like there is a front notification LED in the right side of the grill (seen in the first couple seconds of the video).

Can anyone with the device confirm the location of the front notification LED, if that is indeed the case? Also what LED colors there are? TIA!
    Thanked by:
    reb422 

Actually, if you pull the sim from the thunderbolt, it can last for several days. Notice there is no mobile signal here. Very little screen on time. Also no real way to determine the type of phone from the screen shot. In fact, I notice the dna's pull down is clear where yours is not. I would love to think that new technology has emerged to make battery better, but I am not aware of any, and if there was, htc would have boasted about it. The only unknown is how the SoC effects battery on Verizon.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Looking forward to battery on LTE and some camera shots.

If you guys are worried about the microSD slot, the HTC J Butterfly has a microSD slot on it and still uses LTE bands. The only thing is that you'll have to buy the phone off contract and import it. But other than that, shouldn't be a big deal? Well at least it's not a big deal for me since I use the Tmo Value plan.

Just so people know, according to the J Butterfly Spec sheet, the DLX/DNA/J will get HSPA+ bands as well (Tmo's 42mbps+ included).

Htc cams are great so I wouldn't expect anything different here.
    Thanked by:
    Lovin' My Phone

Quote Originally Posted by obidos View Post
    30+ hours?! wow!

I hope your not pulling our chains. Is your screen brightness on Automatic?

The Verizon spec sheet says the DNA gets 12.5 hours usage, so I am not sure how anyone is getting 30 hours.
    ~Janet~
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    637 Global Posts

Default I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

Phil how are the radios? Are they as good as the Rezound? Is there a good signal for 3 g and LTE?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICE CREAM SAMMICH!

Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl View Post

The Verizon spec sheet says the DNA gets 12.5 hours usage, so I am not sure how anyone is getting 30 hours.
    That's probably talk time so I'm assuming he's not getting 30 hours of screen on time. He's gotta sleep eventually and if he's on wifi it'll help alot

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    NightAngel79 likes this.
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast