Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 586
Like Tree308Likes
  1. #151  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by osubeavs728 View Post
    There is also a reason why you don't work for a corporate mobile handset manufacturer (assumption based off your posts saying manufacturers are "idiots"). And that's because you think that because you are unsatisfied with battery life and lack of SD card that every other person must be outraged too! The battery life on this phone will be sufficient for a great deal of people, as will the 16 gigs of storage. HTC is not out to cater to individuals, its out to cater to majorities. And if they had found that the majority of people would buy more because of the 100 cost savings you bet your *** they're going to go that way.
    I disagree with you 100% on this one. She is making some good points. HTC is suffering in the market. They are bleeding money and I believe that it's because they continue to over deliver on everything but battery. The one X was a failure for them not because it is a bad phone it just doesn't cover the bases the same way the S3 does. She wants to get this phone but expects to see a battery that is better than average. Motorola has proven that we can put a bigger battery into a smaller design. Why would Htc not be able to do this when the phone is massive and non removable? The maxx and Note 2 both did it.

    I love Htc and want to buy their phones so bad but battery is a huge deal for everyone now. This should be at the top of their list. They already have a bad reputation for this. Why would they not want to fix this and put a serious dent in the Samsung empire? Mark my words. The Samsung galaxy S4 will be arriving shortly and will beat the stuffing out of this phone the same way the s3 did to the one X. I know there were carrier issues in the US, but in Canada we can get both devices on major carriers and very few people I know choose the one x. And it's always because of battery.

    Vent over.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by 2:
  2. #152  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    The reason the Maxx is not selling like hot cakes is because it also misses the mark in other areas like camera and screen quality.

    The DNA is the perfect phone minus the battery.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  3. #153  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    I have an interesting question. We all know that HTC loves to say they are big on customization but if i remember correctly..the HTC hub(skin downloader, wallpaper downloader etc..) was left out of the HTC Thunderbolt..not sure about their new phones. So my question is does this phone support the HTC HUB and all it's skin downloads are do we just have access to whatever the phone already comes with?
  4. #154  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Nightangel, thanks for your info! Seems like all those notification icons are all white? Not that it matters tremendously, but that seems a little boring. ;-)

    What's your experience with the GPS signal? Fast and accurate?
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  5. #155  
    talonsmith's Avatar

    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    NightAngel thanks for the posts! I guess Phils busy catching up. Have you guys taken it outside yet? Gizmodo did a side by side with like 5 phones and they claimed it was difficult(more) to see outside in sun or bright areas.
  6. #156  
    Ohleo's Avatar

    Posts
    197 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    I just wanna known why you would choose this over the note. It is obviously a great device but with the skeptical battery that may only get worse over time what is the crack?
  7. #157  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Phil,

    Does the phone look to be serviceable?

    i.e.

    battery removal and replacement?

    I am not so much worried about battery life. It just seems to me that with all of the great internals of this phone it should/could last a long time. i.e more than a two year contract... and the one year warranty....

    Are these new super phones being designed to be disposable?

    I keep my phones in a case and with a screen protector, but I have no control over a battery that goes bad....

    Thanks

    Cameron
    pcuciti likes this.
  8. #158  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    The reason the Maxx is not selling like hot cakes is because it also misses the mark in other areas like camera and screen quality.

    The DNA is the perfect phone minus the battery.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    minus the battery, only 16gb built in (11 useable), and no SD Slot...
    Thanked by:
  9. #159  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Verizon Employee version coming in December comes with Fatboy pillow charger and possibly different color
  10. #160  
    Irvgotti's Avatar

    Posts
    1,086 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Hey Phil, does the phone measure up 2 the hype? Will this be a game changer for HTC? They are getting better wit the one series. So will this help boost HTC? Or go unnoticed because of how strong Sammy and apple are?
    Privacy is overrated :P
  11. #161  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Any way is it like the neXus⁴ when it comes to radios?
    I mean..globally unlocked? Only GSM? ONLY CDMA? Etc..

    Sent from my RaZr HD.
  12. #162  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by UseAndroid86 View Post
    Verizon Employee version coming in December comes with Fatboy pillow charger and possibly different color
    Isnt the Fatboy a Nokia product?
  13. #163  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by thevaristy View Post
    Isnt the Fatboy a Nokia product?
    No. It is a universal product.

    Sent from my RaZr HD.
  14. #164  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohleo View Post
    I just wanna known why you would choose this over the note. It is obviously a great device but with the skeptical battery that may only get worse over time what is the crack?
    I know that a lot of us were looking at this and the Galaxy Note 2, I don't believe they are direct competitors.
    The GN2 is a niche device that will not get a lot of attention outside of forums like these.
    It is too big to be a volume device and is in between the large smartphones that top out about 5" and the mini tablets at 7".

    The DNA is aimed at the high end volume smartphones like the iphone5, Galaxy S3, RAZR HD, etc. These are the high end smartphones that are leading the market.
    How does the DNA stack up against these phones as opposed to the GN2?
    Thanked by:
  15. #165  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    141 x 70.5 x 9.73 mm
    142 grams / 5.01 ounces
    Thank you

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  16. #166  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by X 0 N 0 D E View Post
    No. It is a universal product.

    Sent from my RaZr HD.
    Ah, thanks. Actually DL just posted it. Its for Verizon employees only/
  17. #167  

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Here's a question that I don't think I've seen asked yet. Of the 16GB on the device, only 11 are available.

    What did HTC/VZW put on the device to eat up 5 gigs of storage? It seems to add insult to injury.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #168  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,994 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,161 Global Posts

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bebe Robu View Post
    Phil, we wait your news about the battery life and usage.
    And, Phil, please let me ask you if you can put any sim in it (from other carrier). I'm not from USA and for me a locked phone is useless. Is unlocked or locked ?
    Have a nice day, ALL OF YOU !
    SIM unlocked.

    How to use the Verizon Droid DNA on AT&T (or any other GSM network) | Android Central
    Thanked by:
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #169  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,994 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,161 Global Posts

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by trent.thunderbolt View Post
    Is there mobile hotspot? I assume so, but honestly can't find it listen anywhere.
    Of course there is.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #170  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,994 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,161 Global Posts

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by thevaristy View Post
    Phil, how difficult is it to press that unlock button up top? Is it cumbersome to do with one hand?
    It's pretty easy. But then again I've been working out.

    I see what you're asking. HTC moved it there because they thought it would make it easier to reach since the phone's a little taller than usual. I'm inclined to agree.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #171  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,994 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,161 Global Posts

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    \
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinmd View Post
    Does this phone also offer full USB host support like the one x+ ??? The ability to hook up a mass storage device would go a long ways towards solving this 11 gig fiasco :-(
    Yep. Works out of the box. (Though you'll have to DL a file manager.)
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #172  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,994 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,161 Global Posts

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sqube View Post
    Here's a question that I don't think I've seen asked yet. Of the 16GB on the device, only 11 are available.

    What did HTC/VZW put on the device to eat up 5 gigs of storage? It seems to add insult to injury.
    That's just the way it is. It's the way it's always been. You have to have an OS. And the math never adds up anyway. Not unique to the DNA.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #173  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,994 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,161 Global Posts

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by MittenSportsFan View Post
    I know that a lot of us were looking at this and the Galaxy Note 2, I don't believe they are direct competitors.
    The GN2 is a niche device that will not get a lot of attention outside of forums like these.
    It is too big to be a volume device and is in between the large smartphones that top out about 5" and the mini tablets at 7".

    The DNA is aimed at the high end volume smartphones like the iphone5, Galaxy S3, RAZR HD, etc. These are the high end smartphones that are leading the market.
    How does the DNA stack up against these phones as opposed to the GN2?
    I agree. The DNA still feels like a phone. The Note feels like ... something else.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #174  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,994 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,161 Global Posts

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by Irvgotti View Post
    Hey Phil, does the phone measure up 2 the hype? Will this be a game changer for HTC? They are getting better wit the one series. So will this help boost HTC? Or go unnoticed because of how strong Sammy and apple are?
    It's important to remember how Verizon is extremely important here in the U.S., but still pretty small when you look at the global picture. Game-changer? I think we need to look at next year for that. But HTC's problem hasn't really been on the hardware side for the most part. (Not counting the Bolt. )
    stirling likes this.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #175  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,994 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,161 Global Posts

    Default Re: I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

    Quote Originally Posted by talonsmith View Post
    NightAngel thanks for the posts! I guess Phils busy catching up. Have you guys taken it outside yet? Gizmodo did a side by side with like 5 phones and they claimed it was difficult(more) to see outside in sun or bright areas.
    You can see the display just fine in direct sunlight. Dunno what their problem was.
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I have a Nexus 4, you have questions. Fire away.
    By Phil Nickinson in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 1679
    Last Post: 12-20-2014, 04:53 PM
  2. You have questions. I have a Droid RAZR. Ask away.
    By Phil Nickinson in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 08-10-2013, 11:59 AM
  3. I've got an HTC One X, you have questions ... FIRE AWAY!
    By Phil Nickinson in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 12:39 AM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 08:54 PM
  5. Replies: 412
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 04:45 PM

Posting Permissions