I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

nimrodity

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
even if battery life werent poor,which i am pretty sure it will be,11gb of usable storage make this device as great as all the rest seems to be,absolutely useless,shame on you,stupid HTC.
People want bigger batteries and sd card slot or at least 32gb,is it that hard to get?

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think the battery life will be good. Its not promoting all day battery llife. My nexus gets 4hrs. But I'm sure the processors have gotten better. I think they have learned from the thunderbolt. I see this being a one x+ but better. So I'd guess the battery would be on par with that.(my opinion )

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Can you talk and surf on 3G , SVDO? The Verizon site is advertising "simultaneous talk and data" which is unusual ...

goathog02

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I've got one on me, so I'll field the battery question from my perspective.

I've had it off the charge, after a full charge, for 7.5 hours now. I'm at 75%. Today was a busier than normal day at work, so other than setting up some accounts, texting, and a couple of short phone calls it hasn't had a lot of use. I'd call this light use for me. So do with that info what you want.

You know what might be a great test to see? Full charge -> stream Pandora for 1 hour over 3g/LTE = publish battery drain. This might help us understand what talk time/data usage time we may see in the real world. Also, a screenshot of the battery stats?

I pre-ordered mine, but I am scared. Figure I have a week to back out and get the SGS3 I was going to buy yesterday.
Thx

nimrodity

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather have a more efficient battery than a bigger battery. I guess I'm not a person then.

ok,i wasnt clear enough,maybe not bigger batteries but better battery life and since batteries wont get more efficient in the near future,so theres no other way to increase the capacity to get longer battery life

NightAngel79

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I got my DROID DNA from HTC elevate 4 days ago. So far I am getting 30+ hours battery life and I haven't been able to put phone down.

No Dropbox promotion unfortunately and I would have like to see more on board storage but all in all htc hit a home run with this phone imo

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
If these early battery usage reports are accurate, it's obvious that HTC has put in place some pretty aggressive power management (which gives me hope for overall batter life). I'd love to see how the phone fares under a "torture test" though, such as streaming music or video over a cell network for a couple hours.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
People are so quick to discount the battery life of the DNA. These people show their tech-unsaviness by ignoring advancements in technology. To all of them, I LOL @ you. Cheers. :cool:

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
For those who are saying the have a DNA and the battery life is good can we see some screen shots?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Phil, Would you recommend this over nexus 4 just based off the hardware?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084