I have a DROID DNA. You have questions. Fire away!

brunswick000

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised no one is interested in its overall dimensions. I'd like to know what they are. Especially because I was very close to getting the Note 2 until I heard about this phone when the rumors stated to fly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

chassum

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little concerned about the cover for the usb port. I do a lot of plugging/unplugging on car dock, etc. and can imagine breaking the cover off pretty quickly. What's your take on how durable it is? Or do you expect that the custom car docks will all have inductive charging built in?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
See, you (and others) keep saying that as if it'd have no impact on the design of the phone.

And to call any manufacturer an idiot says more about you than it does them. Let's grow up, m'kay?

Phil .... I understand where people are annoyed and think little of the manufacturers. You are in a position where you get to handle and play with all kinds of new devices. That is awesome for you. The rest of us, on the other hand, only get our fix with upgrades and for those who favor HTC, we've been waiting for a really great phone and one that would match the battery output of the Maxx.

The specs from Verizon say the DNA will provide 12.5 hours of usege and usage numbers from manufacturers are always high. The specs on the Maxx are surly bloated, claiming 30 hours, but there is a Maxx in my house and I can tell you that the battery rocks. The Maxx is very thin, and I see no reason why the DNA could not have matched that spec. It was idiotic of HTC to not capture its market, and now I am one HTC fan who is not holding her breath waiting for HTC to come out with another phone. I was ready to steal a family member's upgrade for this new phone, but not now. There is a reason the DNA is selling for $100 less than newly released Verizon powerhouse phones .... because it is not a powerhouse phone when battery power cannot match its competetion and there is no SD card slot in sight.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Since you obviously have a device in hand and have surely tested it fully before making such a definitive point, can we ask you questions about functionality?

Well, I guess you didn't read my post properly. I was quoting specs from the manufacturer and I said I was not purchasing the phone. So, why would you ask me this question?

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm ready to upgrade from my Thunderbolt. How much is the DNA off contract? I want to keep unlimited data. I like the DNA specs but I work 12 hours shifts & need a battery that lasts. Non removable battery & lack of expandable memory is a concern. But otherwise it looks really nice.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

It's $599 off contract.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, I guess you didn't read my post properly. I was quoting specs from the manufacturer and I said I was not purchasing the phone. So, why would you ask me this question?

Because you're making assumptions without real world data. Also, the specs from the manufacturer say that the battery standby time for the DNA exceeds the RAZR HD by 3 days.

Last edited:

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Because you're making assumptions without real world data. Also, the specs from the manufacturer say that the battery standby time for the DNA exceeds the RAZR HD by 3 days.

I am just being real about what seems black and white. Even without the manufacturer estimations, the battery size is considerably smaller than the Maxx. It doesn't take rocket science to see that the DNA battery does not match up.

I am very disappointed in the size of this battery and the fact that there is no SD card. I wanted to love this phone. I don't. If you are happy with the specs and you love the phone and want to own it, that is awesome for you. I am not trying to pick a fight. As well, many people share my view. And if it makes anyone feel better, I am not sticking up for the Razr Maxx. I would never own one because I am not a moto fan. But there is no comparison to its battery.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm surprised no one is interested in its overall dimensions. I'd like to know what they are. Especially because I was very close to getting the Note 2 until I heard about this phone when the rumors stated to fly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

141 x 70.5 x 9.73 mm
142 grams / 5.01 ounces

Last edited by a moderator:

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am just being real about what seems black and white. Even without the manufacturer estimations, the battery size is considerably smaller than the Maxx. It doesn't take rocket science to see that the DNA battery does not match up.

I am very disappointed in the size of this battery and the fact that there is no SD card. I wanted to love this phone. I don't. If you are happy with the specs and you love the phone and want to own it, that is awesome for you. I am not trying to pick a fight. As well, many people share my view. And if it makes anyone feel better, I am not sticking up for the Razr Maxx. I would never own one because I am not a moto fan. But there is no comparison to its battery.
(editited my post, but saw you replied already)

Just to be clear - no hard feelings. I have a ThunderBolt, so I'm tentative about battery life too. I'm just waiting until there's actual data to make my assumptions. With the efficiency of the CPU+radio chipset and the rumored low power usage of the SLCD3 screen, I'm optimistic about the battery life (especially considering HTC's track record and their critical need for improvement).

Sqube

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey Phil,

I'm hoping you'll go back and address the specifics about the notification light? There's one on the front and there's one on the back, but is it just a green light? Are there multiple colors?

Ohleo

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Phil, I don't mean to shower you with questions. By saying that, though, that is what I am about to do lol.

I know you haven't had much time with the phone but how would you compare it to the NOTE 2? Actually, would your prefer it over the Note 2? Also, if you ware at the end of your contract and could switch to any carrier, would you choose the DNA over the One X+ (I know that you have played with it)? Especially at that price with 64GB + the fact that unlimited data is a thing of the past.

I would appreciate your input. Thanks

Bebe Robu

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Phil, we wait your news about the battery life and usage.
And, Phil, please let me ask you if you can put any sim in it (from other carrier). I'm not from USA and for me a locked phone is useless. Is unlocked or locked ?
Have a nice day, ALL OF YOU !

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

OK, but it also doesn't take rocket science to see that these are two very different phones, both internally and in external design.

You can't possibly be disappointed in the battery having not used it. As for the SD card, I hear ya. I especially hear ya because Verizon chose to go with 16GB, and it simply doesn't cost 'em that much more to do 32GB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad